How do you STOP Smule notifications?

_RamKrish1012

About 15 months ago I received and invite to join a groups to wish a member I was following Happy Birthday. About 28 people joined the group singing 120 people loved it and another 125 people commented on it last year now it has started all over again and my activity box is full of likes and comments on something I sang a year ago.

How do I get out of this and STOP these landing in my activity box from total strangers ?

Ram

opentype

There is no option to stop notifications for certain songs.

For a duet, you might simply delete the song. I’ve done that a couple of times, since that mass-liking is a dishonest tactic some groups actively pursue to gain more views and followers. I don’t have to endure that.

For group songs, there is a “hide” option, which doesn’t delete the song, but it removes it from your account and it should also stop notifications. In the past it was only available on iOS. Haven’t checked if became available on Android in the meantime. 

_RamKrish1012
On 3/11/2019 at 9:37 PM, opentype said:

For group songs, there is a “hide” option, which doesn’t delete the song, but it removes it from your account and it should also stop notifications. In the past it was only available on iOS. 

Thats Fabulous my Friend. I am using both SAMSUNG and iPaD.

WHERE DO I FIND THIS HIDE FEATURE ?

RAM

opentype

The usual place where all the song functions are. The button with the three dots, which is available when you open the song. 

• 11 months later...
Rita

I don't have a hide option for a group song I joined; now I am getting hundreds of notifications or more every day.  This is hiding my legit notifications.  How do I stop this and delete all these notifications? 

inspired_Dev
4 hours ago, Rita said:

I don't have a hide option for a group song I joined; now I am getting hundreds of notifications or more every day.  This is hiding my legit notifications.  How do I stop this and delete all these notifications? 

@Rita If you did join the group recording, the answer is:

On 3/12/2019 at 9:38 PM, opentype said:

The usual place where all the song functions are. The button with the three dots, which is available when you open the song. 

A more elaborated answer:

1. Tap on the song in question

2. You see Love, Gift, Comment and Share icons under the song? There's a ... three dot icon rightmost. Tap on the three dots.

3. You'll see the options: Favorite, Pin this Recording, Hide, Report Abuse etc.

4. Tap on Hide.

Hope this helps!

P.S. not sure if this will delete previous notifications (probably not), but any new ones should stop.

Edited by inspired_Dev

inspired_Dev
On 3/11/2019 at 4:07 PM, opentype said:

mass-liking is a dishonest tactic some groups actively pursue to gain more views and followers. I don’t have to endure that.

Opening a new topic: dishonest tactics or "gaming the system" on Smule

Rita

Thank you Dev I did see this post previously.  However I do not have the "Hide" option within the three dots. And these posts are still bombarding me.  Help....

inspired_Dev
8 minutes ago, Rita said:

I do not have the "Hide" option within the three dots

That's curious. Can you point out the song in question?

inspired_Dev

@Rita Looks like it is this song: 

The curious thing is, it says + 50 singers on the website (gosh, it says +69 singers in the embed - why??), but on clicking the +50 singers, only lists 46 on the site, and the list doesn't include your name. So maybe you already hid it, but perhaps this did not stop the notifications as @opentype had imagined (maybe it used to earlier, but something changed in the meanwhile?) Is there any way to delete it, or you could just try to report it. (at least this option should be there in the ... menu?)

By the way, the owner of the group song, FIRE_meri05_JM seems to love liking recent joins of random users (happened to me many times), so something fishy going on there (use of some kind of browser script to give automated likes). MikeyWax also does this for joins on popular English songs, like Ed Sheeran's!

Website Screenshot of the above group song:

image.thumb.png.490d897bef7392af0ce53d8df4167629.png

Edited by inspired_Dev
  • like 1

inspired_Dev
8 minutes ago, inspired_Dev said:

but on clicking the +50 singers, only lists 46 on the site

correction: I could actually count 50 next time i checked. but the embed above is showing 69. So, maybe this is some kind of bug!

• like 1

Rita

Thank you so much I think it's stopped now ...I hit the report button so I think they may have put a stop to it.

• like 1

_RamKrish1012
6 hours ago, Rita said:

Thank you so much I think it's stopped now ...I hit the report button so I think they may have put a stop to it.

I cannot see the Hide Option in my Android or on my iPad either. I joined a Group once and got into the same mess receiving hundreds of notifications on a daily basis. then it stopped and one year later some one retriggered it resulting in hundreds more notifications on a daily basis. I had to delete the Group song from my Channel on my Profile Page as well as unfollow the singer to get rid of the head ache

• like 2

inspired_Dev

@_RamKrish1012 Thanks Ram for this addition! However, the link to the topic for the theme of "dishonest tactics" is here, to stay on-topic (sorry should've linked in my earlier comment actually): 

Edited by inspired_Dev