Need HELP with new i Pad Setting up for SMULE

_RamKrish1012

I bit the bullet, said Good Bye to my Samsung 7  and bought a brand new 2018 model iPad(6th Generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular 32 GB. This is linked to my Samsung Mobile Number which was used to subscribe to Smule. I made sure the iPad allows ear phones and head phones to be plugged in

Now, How do I download Smule app to my new iPad without using the Apple Store. I do not want to make the mistake of subscribing once more for Smule through Apple store as I am already a Smule subscriber

Thank You in advance.

Cheers

Ram

• 2 weeks later...
PPM

Dear Sir

I understand for apple products you can only download Smule app from the apple store only. However you don't have to subscribe again. Please use the same email ID while setting up the app. Smule features are better  in iphones and ipads. Smule is not dependent on the phone number. Hope it helps. 

Patrick

Hello!

As far as I know, you won't be able to make your subscription available on your brand new iPad (App Store - iOS platform), because your existing Smule subscription was made in your Samsung 7 (Google Play - Android platform). Even using your same Smule account (in your case, linked to your mobile number) this is not possible because there are different subscription policies on both platforms (the VIP prices are different as well).

Take a look on these links from the Smule FAQ:

- for iPad (https://www.smule.com/support/sing#ios - see the section "VIP (iOS)" and check the question: Can I use my subscription with Android devices?)

- for Samsung (https://www.smule.com/support/sing#android - see the section "VIP (Google Play)" and check the question: Can I use my subscription with my iOS devices?)

The only way to support both platforms by using the same Smule account is getting the VIP pass at Smule.com (if your country is supported). Go to Smule.com (https://www.smule.com/) and click on the "Get VIP" link.

Hope this helps!

_RamKrish1012

Appreciate all responses and a Big Thank You.

I sent a request to Smule support and received this response:

Ramrajah1012

December 20, 2018, 01:10 PST

I need help.

I am a VIP member and have subscribed through Smule.
my Smule ID is _RamKrish1012.

I was having endless problems using my Samsung 7 Mob phone, so I
decided to get myself a new iPad which I am told works perfectly with
Smule.

Now I realise I have to down load Smule using the Apple store and I
have to purchase the smule app which I do not want to as I am already
a VIP member and my phone is still the old Samsung 7 Android.

How do I get smule on my i pad to continue my journey with Smule
without any disruption or duplication of membership.

Please help.

Ram

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Smule

Jan 3, 2019, 8:14 PM (1 day ago)

Your request (45784) has been updated. Here's what the support agent said:

Smule Support Team (Smule)

Jan 3, 01:14 PST

Hi there, 

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

I checked in our system the account associated with email address: [email protected] and noticed that you have an active subscription purchased through smule.com . 

As long as you are using the same credentials to log in Smule you should be using only one account.

Please keep in mind that subscriptions which are done via the website can be used on all of your devices.

Thank you! 

Smule Support Team

" All is Well that Ends well"Now I have to unlock my iPad as it has been disabled as I did not remember the apple Passcode...

Thanks to Every one for your support. Much appreciated.

Cheers

Ram

DrD

There should not be a problem with the account you have created . It is either on you iPad or on your Samsung phone as long as you enter your login credientials . How do I know this ? I have one VIP account . I use a Samsung phone , download the app from the google play store than enter my VIP account username and psw. It is done !. 

• 4 weeks later...
_RamKrish1012

I finally got my iPad unlocked at Apple store after producing proof of purchase and identity.. I also bought myself a Beats ear phone at Apple Store. Did not know that Apple owns Beats. I had no problem down loading smule in my new iPad and logging in with my original subscription with Smule. So now on My Table I have a Samsung 7 Mob p[hone and Ipad both connected to Smule through my WiFi.

I like my iPad as the screen is bigger and lyrics appear big and clear and there is zero time lag. I hadset my Samsung 7 on -270 milli seconds permanently after months of trial and error.

So far so good.

Then I dont like the Beats ear phones as the recording sounds weird. So I tried plugging my head phones straight into the iPad. I am able to record some duets successfully but others where the original was recorded on a iPhone generates a lot of hissing noise and I had to abandon singing.

I have read in another thread that another gentleman was having problems with iRigPro. I have tried iRig Pro and returned it the very next day as it was not suitable for Samsung 7.

Couple of my friends have been using the Tascam IXZ as an interface with iPhones and iPads and swear by it.

So tomorrow is the day to get my Tascam IXZ interface and plug my  AKG D5 Microphone and my ATH M50X head Phones into the Tascam and jive away.

Keeping all my toes and fingers crossed considering the problems I faced using Samsung 7 on Smule since Sept 2017.

Will keep you all posted. Thank you all for your support and comments.

Cheers

Ram

Sydney Aust

• 3 years later...