AndyWHV

Malone UHF-450 or similar Devices for sining ?

Hello,

i am new at sing.salon.
I really like the articles about microphones and additional stuff.

ATM I use my Apple Earpods, but like to upgrade here. 

I think about buying a Malone UHF-450 Duo 2-Channel Wireless Microphone Set.
containing one wireless microphone, one wireless headset, sender and receiver.
what is strange, is that it's pretty cheap for what you geht here. Anything else i would need ?

My Plan is buying an iRig Pro and probably this Malone as Microphone.
Next would be some kind of stand for the iPhone / iPad so that i don't need to hold it, and can record better. 

Personally I like a headset, as I can move while singing, the Other option is a wireless Microphone. 

Anyone has experience with something like this? 

Here is the German  link to the product on amazon.de (sorry not available at amazon.com)

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00QSFMS5Q/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ABV9J41D2VYA9&psc=1

Thanks for any helping comments.

• like 1

4 minutes ago, AndyWHV said:

I think about buying a Malone UHF-450 Duo 2-Channel Wireless Microphone Set.
containing one wireless microphone, one wireless headset, sender and receiver.
what is strange, is that it's pretty cheap for what you geht here. Anything else i would need ?

I don’t think that will work well. You can’t easily connect that to a mobile device running the Smule app, nor will you get the audio mix (background track + your singing) to the headphones. 

By the way: What device do you run Smule on at the moment?

• like 1

Usually I use my iPhone 6 - as this is a broken I use my iPad Air 2 meanwhile. However, I have this month will buy aniPhone 8 or iPhone 7. 

I use it with earpods. I also have the ps3 with singstar wired and wireless mics. 

I thought I could probably connect the receiver via XLR to the iRig and that to the phone/pad

Edited by AndyWHV

Then I suggest the iRig PRO I/O as interface. 

You can use it with any XLR mic you want. But you should use an audio interface like the iRig PRO I/O that is specifically made for mobile devices, so it can handle the combined input and output needed for an app like Smule. 

• like 1

Thank you for your help opentype, will buy that stuff within the next two months and write a review after some testing