How to make a Condenser Microphone work on Samsung 7 ?

_RamKrish1012

I am using a 3.5mm Splitter cable to connect my AKG D5 Vocal Head phones and ATH-M50x Head Phones. Head phones are working beautifully but the MIC is not working. As a result all my recordings are done by the Samsung-7's built in Mic.

I did not know this for the last six months and have been wondering why the recording quality varies and is often very poor.

Any suggestions on how I can make the external mic work on Samsung 7 ??

Ram

Sydney

• like 1

_RamKrish1012

It is a 3.5mm 4segments splitter that plugs directly into the phone and you plug the head phones into the green coded and mic into the Red coded. I have used this for months and recorded many many songs mostly duets.

When I sang Smule was picking up the signal generating the waves we see on smule. Dumb me did not realise that the vocals were being picked up by the built in mic in the phone.

Today with help from a Techie I managed to solve the problem. I plugged the XLR cable from the Mic into the Roland Go Mixer Pro. Connected the  splitter to the phone and plugged the cable from the out put into MIc and the head phones into green cable.

My Dynamic Mic suddenly came to life. the Roland Go Mixer Pro only allows me to control the input and out put volumes..

Next step is to introduce the Yamaha  MG06X mixer to introduce special effects Fx

Cheers

Ram

• like 1

• 1 month later...
_RamKrish1012

Received an interesting response from Smule Customer support saying they do not test or support third party hardware like microphones and suggested my best option if I did not like the Standard Earphones supplied with the Phones, I should get a head phone with microphone that plugs directly into the phone with a 3.5mm TRRS plug.

I have put aside all my interfaces like the Roland Go Mixer Pro and the Yamaha MG06X and my dynamic mic and plugged my headphone directly into the Mob phone and I am able to record even thought my head phones do not have a built in mic. Cannot understand how the voice signal reaches the phone. without a Mic

• like 1

StudioNarainRYAN

Ram. I have uploaded a video on the subject. I am not able to upload it to the forum. You can watch the video on smule. Not only does the condenser mic work very well with Android, I received some interesting feedback from Android users that following my instructions has also helped them resolve “LAG” issues. Cheers Mate. Have fun singing. 

• like 1

_RamKrish1012

Ryan,

Thank you for all your help and suggestions. I have decided to abandon my Samsung for good and get myself a new iPad as it seems to be the best options for Sume recording. I am not an i Phone Fan

Ram

• like 1

_RamKrish1012

I bit the bullet and bought a brand new 2018 model iPad(6th Generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular 32 GB. This is linked to my Samsung Mobile Number which was used to subscribe to Smule. I made sure the iPad allows ear phones and head phones to be plugged in

How do I download Smule app to my iPad without using the Apple Store. I do not want to make the mistake of subscribing once more for Smule through Apple store.

Ram

• like 1

opentype
1 hour ago, RamKrish said:

How do I download Smule app to my iPad without using the Apple Store.

On iOS everything comes from the App Store. You have to download it from there. 

• like 1

_RamKrish1012

Does that mean I have to subscribe to Smule through apple store again ? I already have a smule subscription direct from Smule. This is my real concern

_RamKrish1012

Open Type, Sorry I do not want to be a pain. I used search to find Smule app. There is a link that says GET ( to get the app) and below in small letters it says In App Purchases.. Please please please tell me how to down load smule app to my new iPad and continue using my existing subscription. Id hate to lose nearly 3600 recordings.

Why do thing with Smule have to be so convoluted and complex?

Ram

RCD_hasanputra
On 11/7/2018 at 6:39 PM, _RamKrish1012 said:

I am using a 3.5mm Splitter cable to connect my AKG D5 Vocal Head phones and ATH-M50x Head Phones. Head phones are working beautifully but the MIC is not working. As a result all my recordings are done by the Samsung-7's built in Mic.

I did not know this for the last six months and have been wondering why the recording quality varies and is often very poor.

Any suggestions on how I can make the external mic work on Samsung 7 ??

Ram

Sydney

try the smule app on update maybe your smule application is not updated

opentype

There is nothing complex about it. You just download the app in the App Store.

The VIP subscription is optional and can be purchased in the app or on the Smule website (when logged in with the same account). 

• like 1

_RamKrish1012

Open Type,

Yu are not going to believe this. I am locked out of my own iPad as I do not remember some passcode I am supposed to remember. I thought my firger print was enough to open my iPad.

Too many Gadgets, too many log in informations and too many passwords. Getting a bit too much for my age.

Think I should go sit and watch TV all day and go for walks with my Labrador. 😨😱😰😡

DuetWithAlli

Your iPad is new, correct? So I’m guessing you don’t have anything irreplaceable on it yet ... I hope. Go to support.apple.com and look up “forgot passcode” and you will find instructions to restore it to factory settings. It will erase your settings and data. The catch is, you have to have access to a computer and the ability to download iTunes. So I’ve never tried it myself. Otherwise you may have to contact Apple Support directly for further advice.

_RamKrish1012
14 hours ago, DuetWithAlli said:

Your iPad is new, correct? So I’m guessing you don’t have anything irreplaceable on it yet ... I hope. Go to support.apple.com and look up “forgot passcode” and you will find instructions to restore it to factory settings. It will erase your settings and data. The catch is, you have to have access to a computer and the ability to download iTunes. So I’ve never tried it myself. Otherwise you may have to contact Apple Support directly for further advice.

True Brand New i Pad, which I bought just for Smule. I have virtually nothing in it besides my finger print. I did go to support.apple.com. I hooked up my iPad to my Mac but then there was some problem with the version of I Tune as my Mac is six years old. Have to wait and take it to an apple store in the new year. Never mind. Time to have a nice break. Thanks Duet with Alli

• like 1

DuetWithAlli

Okay that is a relief, at least you don’t have anything to lose ... other than time and the hassle of going to the Apple store to get it fixed. Are you still looking for advice on setting up your iPad for Smule too?

_RamKrish1012

On 12/23/2018 at 4:43 AM, DuetWithAlli said:

Okay that is a relief, at least you don’t have anything to lose ... other than time and the hassle of going to the Apple store to get it fixed. Are you still looking for advice on setting up your iPad for Smule too?

Absolutely. Bought my iPad just for Smule as I have lost my patience trying to male Samsung 7 Mob phone work properly. Not only that I want to use my Haed Phones and Condenser Microphone on i{ad with a suitable interface like the Taz cam or iRig Pro based on expert advice from Forum Members.

Looks like I now have to wait until New Year as every one is on Holidays.

Cheers

Ram

DuetWithAlli

Ok so I’m wondering how you purchased your VIP subscription. Did you purchase it through Android, or through the Smule website? If you purchased your VIP subscription through Android, I’m afraid it only works for Android devices. But if you purchased your subscription through the Smule website, it is supposed to work for both Apple and Android devices.

As far as the mic, yes you will definitely want to wait for the expert opinion on that one. I’m no help there. I use Apple EarPods and their built in mic lol.

DuetWithAlli

Ohhhh that is great news! Well the Smule App is free, so when you are able to access your iPad ... I would try this. Download the Smule app from the App Store. Use your current info to log in. If that works, go to your settings. At the top of your profile settings, it says “I am already a VIP” I assume you can restore your account from there. If that fails, you may have to contact Smule support for advice.