Following / Followers

adamlane

Is there a way to prevent other Smule users from seeing which users you are following, and which users are following you?

• like 1

_MusiCoolPiyush_

In anycase, if you have thousands of followers or you are following thousands of Smule members - the Smule app doesnt let anyone (including you) see more than 500 names (which are the recent folks that followed you or you followed) - so that to some extent comes as a relief. I have 7400 followers and I am following 3400 folks and no one can see more than 500 names - either in my followers list or in my following list.

• 1 month later...
_sanjay_a

What is the limit of following singers? I have got error message 2004 stating that you crossed the limit of following while i following only 1500.

opentype

Following people is misused for spam or to get attention. So it is limited, taking into account how many people follow you. I wouldn’t call 1500 “only 1500”. That’s a huge number. I follow 300 singers, so I can actually manage to check out their OCs for example. 

• like 3

• 5 months later...
_RamKrish1012
On 10/20/2018 at 10:57 AM, _MusiCoolPiyush_ said:

I have 7400 followers and I am following 3400 folks and no one can see more than 500 names - either in my followers list or in my following list.

Piyush,

Mate this sounds a crazy lot of followers. How do you cope ? I am struggling with invites from just 116 followers and my nephew sang three songs with me which I did not get time to hear and the next thing I know he has deleted all three recordings. People get touchy if I do not respond to comments. I find the one common message to all joiners like an auto generated response when you contact suppliers by email.

Have to listen you your singing. I belong to the last century though

Cheers

Ram

Sydney

_RamKrish1012

Few Typos but would not allow me to edit unfortunately

"Have to listen you your singing. I belong to the last century though"

Meant "Have to listen to your songs. Sorry

• like 1

• 2 months later...
_MusiCoolPiyush_

Hello :) 

I limit my invites to one a month these days to allow myself enough time to listen to and comment on all the 100+ joins that I usually get. Its been more than 4 months now since I opened a new invite.

8 hours ago, _MusiCoolPiyush_ said:

I limit my invites to one a month these days to allow myself enough time to listen to and comment on all the 100+ joins that I usually get. Its been more than 4 months now since I opened a new invite.

So nice and considerate of you to take the time to listen to all of your joins. I think it’s a great idea to limit invites if a user gets an overwhelming number of joins. On the other hand, I hope you take the time to join others and enjoy yourself.