RamKrish1012

Smule - Super Studio - Settings

RamKrish1012

Are there any instructions on how to choose Settings for Smule Super Studio. Can this setting be a Constant or does it vary with songs or depend on Settings used by Original Singer of a Duet whose invite you accept and are joining ? How do I get the Vocal Timing right? I use even -250 milli seconds at times. . I use an Android Samsung 7. Wondering if my problems are unique to Android users. All tips and suggestions are welcome

Ram

opentype

Yes, matching your partner’s effect settings as best as possible is recommended for the vast majority of collabs. If the settings differ significantly, it just sounds weird. 

And yes, the settings can be adjusted to the specific song. Slow piano ballad? A lot of reverb works. Up-tempo pop or rock song. Less reverb. 

• like 1

Follow me on Smule: https://smule.com/opentype 

RamKrish1012

Thanks Open Type. That explains the problems faced by many. Ideally it would be good for the initiators of a duet to include SS FX Setting Details. A Clever way to solve the problem is for the software to identify the settings used by the Originator and include it in the invite when processing Like Super Pop 90/90 or Super Studio 30/70 what ever. If the software can do this whilst processing it will enhance the quality of the final duets and also raising Smule Ratings and Popularity.

I was struggling today with a duet and I tried all permutations and combinations with Super studio. I message the singer ad he texts me back saying he has used Super Pop 90/90. would never have guessed. But Smule software can pick up this information from the upload easily.

Also the sliding scale used to adjust Reverb and Room Vol in Super studio is a nuisance especially for men with fat fingers like me. So difficult to fine tune.. Wish we could key these numbers in so we can get exactly what we are after and not a near enough selection.

It has been a good learning curve and thank you for taking the time to answer all my questions.

Cheers

Ram

ramkakelvr

Agree with RamKrish1012 completely. I face this problem frequently. I thought I get it right with one person and the next song falls apart. Problem I face most often is that my voice sounds feeble compared to my duet singer. Don't know how to rectify this. Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks. 

_RamKrish1012

"Open your mouth and sing louder is what I was taught by a friend" and it paid off and after recording listen to the recording and "adjust the volume"  sliding the Vocal marker to match the original singer who sent you the invite. At present you just have to do it by the ear. I'd prefer to view the audio signature of the Singer 1 of the duet say in yellow colour so we can visually match the blue audio signature of our vocals in amplitude with the yellow audio signature

This feature was there for the Studio initially but not there for super studio.

Would be wonderful if Smule automatically displays the setting of Singer No 1 in a duet whose invite we are joining so we can set the Super studio to match even before we start recording.

All this is for use of standard ear phones. the Minute we use an external microphone with a mob phone interface the audio quality is miles apart

Cheers

ramkakelvr

@_RamKrish1012 Thanks for the reply. Not an ideal solution but I understand. So many of my recordings could have been far better. It is not that my voice is weak by nature. I have also heard singers who are way too loud. 

ELVIS_USA

Simplest way I see is to ask the person you're going to sing with what is there settings if they say 30/90 ask what part is for the echo when I was first told I use 30/30 I was dumbfounded 30 what? But after the person explain each one to me it was easy to match up and get an excellent recording remember not everyone know what that means hope this helps....E