After last update...can't share video

philhill14

Anyone else having an issue sharing videos after the last update?  iPhone x with latest ios.  I click share...facebook/youtube  (as I've done before). Only 59 seconds of video with NO sound will download to my iPhone and that's all that will upload to facebook.  only 59 seconds with no sound. 

Help!!

• like 1

Clarkeyboi

I'm having same problem driving me mad . It's a joke you can't get your songs on your phone. Just get no sound and 59 secs same as you ;( think I'm gonna unsubscribe as it's going down the pan 

• like 1

Doc_Anthony

Me too. iPhone. i rather suspect it's a copyright issue. i've sent  a message to Smule Support. I hope they respond. It might be worth reporting it from your end too.

The reason i download the videos is that i have thousands on Smule, and Smule haven't yet invented the ability to make folders  on Smule so that we can arrange our OCs. If they cannot get around the copyright thing, perhaps they can focus on helping us arrange our videos on their platform!

• like 1

Doc_Anthony

actually, i've just discovered you can download the music Videos using the Downloader on this website, and it works fine!

philhill14

Doc, we're on the same wavelength.  The only way I could find was the downloader on this site too.  The other one sends me to a phishing site.    Regarding the copyrights:  I thought about that as well but I tried it with an official Smule recording and got the same issue on the phone.  

For now, downloading through this site and uploading to FB  will be my "go to".  I haven'e heard back from custo service yet.   

• like 1

TFC_lilcoronel

I'm also having the same problem with my Iphone 6S . I reported it to Smule already 2 weeks ago and they replied that they are aware of it and working on it.

• like 1

• 1 month later...
FlyingStarUSA

I too am disappointed. I used to download the whole song to my IPhone- then edit what i want on IG. 

Instead I get 59 seconds of the intro - half the time it’s the other persons face if they opened the collab.  Then it’s done. 3 seconds of my mouth about to open. It’s ridiculous. 

I travel & my phone is my computer - we used to be able to do it - so why not now????  I can’t RIGHT CLICK as this Sing Salon says to do on a phone!!!

Help!!  P l e a s e ! 

And that bluebyte. Site is a phishing site.  Agreed. 

• like 1

opentype
5 minutes ago, FlyingStarUSA said:

I too am disappointed. I used to download the whole song to my IPhone- then edit what i want on IG. 

That is still possible on iOS. Just use the Facebook/YouTube download button. This downloads the entire song and then you can pick the 60 seconds you want on Instagram from that video. 

• like 1

FlyingStarUSA

Just want you all to know that @opentype had a great workaround the problem & I am very thankful to you!!!

Have a great night.

PS:  Write Smule to see if my 7 songs there are still in the queue maximizing for days - will ever get finished - so I can use them, share them etc.   

Thank you again!

• 1 year later...
Oldetymer1893

I just got a Samsung Blu TracFone and I can share my videos to everything but YouTube and Facebook Video. How do I get it to share to YouTube?

opentype
16 hours ago, Oldetymer1893 said:

I just got a Samsung Blu TracFone and I can share my videos to everything but YouTube and Facebook Video. How do I get it to share to YouTube?

In the app, click the Share Video button to download the video to your device. Then go to the YouTube app and upload your video from your device.