DAl

about smule vip pass price

DAl

First, so sorry for my poor English.

I've using smule for 2 years.

My vip pass expired today so I wanted to renew my pass.

I paid 31.99 dollars (CAD) at last year for 1 year pass. (I heard when I pay my vip pass on website, it is more cheaper than when I pay on my iOS.)

and when I checked today it was 99.99 dollars.

So, I checked my subscription on my iTunes account, if when I pay used by iOS, it will be 65.99 dollars.

Then I asked my other friend who lives in Korea, they said it is still 31.99 dollars in KRW.

I want to know is this happen is only to me.

If 99.99 dollars are right price, it's increase almost 3 times than last year...

• like 1

opentype

The app store prices have increased drastically and people are encouraged to buy directly via Smule.

If you have an app store subscription, the trick is NOT to let it expire. Renewals always use the old price. If you let it expire, you will be forced to pay what a new user pays and that price might have risen.

• like 1

Follow me on Smule: https://smule.com/opentype 

Mrs_Trish

😯 that’s a steep hike in price. It’s not worth that imo. Not even close. I was paying about $40 before and thought that was A bit much. I guess they’d rather have less vip users? 

• like 1

opentype
2 minutes ago, Mrs_Trish said:

😯 that’s a steep hike in price. It’s not worth that imo. Not even close. I was paying about $40 before and thought that was A bit much. I guess they’d rather have less vip users? 

They want you to use THEIR offer, not Apple’s or Google’s where those companies take up to 30% of the payment. 

• like 2

Mrs_Trish
1 minute ago, opentype said:

They want you to use THEIR offer, not Apple’s or Google’s where those companies take up to 30% of the payment. 

Makes sense, but did they bump their price way up too?

• like 1

Mrs_Trish

I quit being lazy and looked. Only raised it $10. That’s a bit more doable 

• like 1

RamKrish1012

Open Type, I got my VIP Membership Direct from Smule last September. How do I renew this before it expires ?

Why dont theu give a link in this Sing Salon web site to renew membership./ I need to renew this before September. Also there are so many things going on in life and often people forget to renew membership until it expires and they get into strife. Why cant Smule Consider a Five year membership or Life Membership for a set fee ? I hope Smule is not locked into a contract with iTunes etc that will be binding

Ram

21 hours ago, opentype said:

The app store prices have increased drastically and people are encouraged to buy directly via Smule.

If you have an app store subscription, the trick is NOT to let it expire. Renewals always use the old price. If you let it expire, you will be forced to pay what a new user pays and that price might have risen.

• like 1

psychomusicana

I've just heard someone complaining in the Singtopia Community that the price went up to $114.99. They didn't say what country they were in, but wow!

opentype
2 hours ago, RamKrish1012 said:

Open Type, I got my VIP Membership Direct from Smule last September. How do I renew this before it expires ?

It doesn’t expire unless you cancel it. So there is no need to manually renew normally. They will just deduct the money automatically after a year from your credit card. 

RamKrish1012

OK I tried to Renew ad realised it costs much less than I paid a year ago Aud$23.99 against Aud$30 last year. So I hit the button and got Told "Not so fast as you already have a subscription" I hope the membership gets renewed automatically. But then my credit card expired a month back and have been issued a new card by the Bank. Does Smule have customer Service ?

Ram

RamKrish1012

Thank You so much O.T. You are amazing. I used the link to update my credit card details and now my membership is safe

I am beginning to realise what was confusing me all along. I was getting mixed up between Sing Salon Website and Smule Web site, considering I can go to Smule Account of any Sing Salon Member. Is Sing Salon an independent Blog to serve the Smule Community ? Please clarify. Thanks again Mate.

Ram

opentype
3 hours ago, RamKrish1012 said:

Is Sing Salon an independent Blog to serve the Smule Community?

Completely independent. 

RamKrish1012

OMG. I had no Clue what so ever and kept wondering why Smule will call this Sing Salon.

Why Sing Salon ? and not Smule Salon ? 

I am sorry I know I am asking too many question 😞

Ram

sorrella19

Isn’t it correct you can’t move from Apple to Smule without creating a new account?  Essentially my old profile would be wiped as I understand.....I prefer not to go through Apple, as they charge all over the place and changed the fee for my daughter without saying from monthly to weekly!  They say....they don’t control the prices..... smule does...however..... it’s a mark up.as they are a reseller so this is not too believable....

opentype
5 minutes ago, sorrella19 said:

Isn’t it correct you can’t move from Apple to Smule without creating a new account?  

You don’t need a new account. VIP is just an additional feature you buy for your account. 

I know this for a fact, since I had VIP through Apple at first and later cancelled my Apple subscription and I am now on a smule.com subscription.