Having robotic and distort voice recording issues in Samsung Galaxy S7

PPM

Hi

I am having robotic and distort recording in my Samsung galaxy S7 phone. It happened previously too but  automatically got fixed. Has anyone experienced the same, please share? Many thanks in advance.

Edited by PPM
mistake

• 1 month later...
Amelia66

Yes I am - this is the third time and like you, it auromatically fixed itself - really annoying though

RamKrish1012

Yes I use a Samsung 7 too. It happened to me a few weeks back and then became ok. It hit me again last night and I have no clue how to fix it. The audio signature is virtually just one mm deep and I do not see the wave form when I am singing and recording. Play back sure sounded Robotic with very high treble. This seemed to coincide with some Smule software update as I was recording and the App shut down suddenly and when it came back I realised I had zero followers and I was not following any one..I decided to switch the phone off and go watch TV.. At first I thought it was a problem with my mic and swapped with a spare but was of no use.

I tried again just now and the Problem persists.

Looks like I have to get an i Phone, if I wish to continue singing on Smule

Edited by RamKrish1012

RamKrish1012

System corrected itself last night. Thank God for that but what about the bad recordings all these days ?

• 1 month later...
Sajis5

Hi,  I am using Samsung galaxy prime J7. I have a the same problem (Robotic sound) in Smule. Contacted customer support, but still same problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled smule but same. Its a horrible robotic distorted noice when i play after recording. I have this issue since a month. If anyone can help me out with this, it would be great. 

Please reply.

Thanks

PPM

Hi

I have encountered this issue many times in my Samsung S7 phone now and I can understand how frustrating this is. I don't think anyone can do anything about it. I guess it happens when there is a software update happens either in Smule or in Samsung. It will be alright on its own one day. So my suggestion would be just keep on testing. I have downloaded the app now in a separate phone and in my iPad. So I can use the app when my Samsung phone is going through this issue. Hope this helps.

Sajis5

Thanks for the reply PPM.Really frustrated about this. If you got any updates about this please post here.

I have my ipad with smule installed. Same login details but after recording its asking to pay...

I think Smule needs different subscriptions for android and ipads.

Anyhow thanks a lot..

• 1 year later...
pepperandsalty

Hi, i understand that this is old, but I decided I'd leave the fix here for anybody who comes across this.

I had this problem today with my Samsung Galaxy S7 and this is what worked for me.

Google search app > more > settings > voice > turn off detection of "OK google" / "Hey google"

here's a video to show: 

please let me know if this works for you!