[Android] Sync problem in audio-only

kleinebeer

Hi! I'm using Sing! versionĀ 5.3.9 for Android on Sony Xperia M2 (Android version 5.1.1), last updated on March 15, 2018. It was working just fine until a few days ago when suddenly my vocal won't sync when doing audio-only (be it solos, making an OC, or joining audio-only collabs). It's not the kind of sync problem that can be solved using the vocal sync function where our voice is just either ahead or behind the music. The one I'm having is unstable (my voice will start out in sync, then lags, then goes faster, then in sync again) and when I load the music/other people's OC, it will sound "heavy" (like there's a bit of lag every other sentence or so).

Video OCs and joins are strangely in sync, but video playbacks sometimes pause. I'm using Wi-Fi connection and other media playbacks on my phone work just fine (like watching videos on YouTube or movies on Netflix).

I don't know if this is related or not, but this sync problem started 2 days ago when the vocal feedback icon appeared during recording (it wasn't there when I last updated it on March 15). I have tried uninstalling and re-installing, downgrading to versions as far as 5.2.9/February 15, 2018 update - which I hope will get rid of that vocal feedback function, but it's still there - to no avail.

Here's the sample of the sync problem I'm having (I sang part 2), please listen to the end:Ā 

Ā 

Would appreciate it if anybody can help me out. Thank youĀ šŸ™

BrainDad

What and where is that "vocal feedback icon"?

I'm running 5.4.0b Build 1375 master-beta

(I signed up forĀ beta tester versions).

I have had sync issues in the past, but the regular ones (one way lag) or video dubbing problems, mostly due to using bluetooth headset and / or low-endĀ smartphones.

kleinebeer

ļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æWhat and where is that "vocal feedback icon"?

I tried to attach screenshots or link to image here but wasn't successful. It's the speaker icon on the bottom right that now appears while you're recording (it looks like a regular volume icon). If you tap that speaker icon, it will expand showing a voice feedback slider (0-100%) and you can hear your own voice while recording. I was told that the iOS version has had this function for a while.

Edited by kleinebeer
Forgot quote

BrainDad

Ah, ok, yes, I have just seen it. Never used it (I just pull one headphone to hear myself better)

I've seen there is also an effects button that I think previously was only available at the review stage.

I've also heard that there is a feature in iOS that lets you repeat one section of the song instead of recording again from the top when you make a mistake. Hope they add this to android.

RamKrish1012

Ditto. I use a Samsung 7 and Smule version 5.3.9 like you do.Ā All of a sudden for the whole week I have experienced strange problems after recording songs. The Recording volume is so low I can hardly hear it on playback before approving the upload by hitting Continue. The Audio signature which is normally about say 5 to 6mm width is now hardly 2mm width sometimes just a thin line and I have to boost the volume to anywhere between 4 to 6 which is max. Play backĀ sounds better but sounds awful after Smule Upload. I have been forced to delete many of my uploads as theyĀ sound terrible. Strange this is it sounds better using Whats app link I send to family and Friends and sounds awful on Smule itself. I once used Super studio but have now reverted to Studio.. Any help will be appreciated. RamKrish1012

• 5 months later...
kleinebeer

Hi! For me the problem stopped many updates ago (around June/July 2018) when I was still using Sony Xperia. I recently switched to Samsung and the app works fine. Try to report the problem through the app, it might help. Good luck!

13 minutes ago, Sindyrella78 said:

Hello, have you found a solution?
I unfortunately have the same problem with the sync.

Ā