Small bug (?) with my vocal match (bluestacks)

Pookzy

Hi everyone, 

I've been happily singing for the past couple of days, and now suddenly my Vocal Match ranges from -400 to +7ms resulting in my voice not being in time with the song anymore since before i could set it to +30ms.. i cant slide the bar and it seems to bug out totally. I'm using bluestacks to be able to sing trough my normal condenser mic running through a focusrite 2i4. 

thank you

Pookzy

Things i've tried: Reinstalling Smule, and then i tried reinstalling Bluestacks and Smule all together. Neither of them fixed the problem. 

opentype

Not sure anyone will be able to help. Syncing on Android is always a problem – and if you route it through an emulator, you have a completely unsupported solution. All sort of things can go wrong. 

Pookzy

yeah the weird thing though, it was all working perfectly fine. Some other people had the same problem without solution and they cancelled their sub.. i thought i'd try here first. 

JaaaayB
On 15/03/2018 at 5:00 PM, Pookzy said:

yeah the weird thing though, it was all working perfectly fine. Some other people had the same problem without solution and they cancelled their sub.. i thought i'd try here first. 

I solved my problem installing Nox emulator, maybe it'll work for you.

• 1 month later...
Arham

Hi Pookzy,

Have you been able to find a solution to this issue? If not, do let me know. I was faced by the same issue and resolved it finally. You won't have to install any other emulator and this particular issue can be resolved by cleaning some remnant bluestacks files and reinstalling it.

jonahmano
On 3/19/2018 at 11:02 PM, JaaaayB said:

I solved my problem installing Nox emulator, maybe it'll work for you.

I have tried both bluestacks and nox emulator but there is syncing issues of the smule music with my  vocal recording. I don't think it will work perfectly. If it's working for you. Would like to have a video link demo of your setup.

Arham

Ok let me explain what my issue was because if you are facing any other problem it might not have the same solution.

My issue was that once the song was in "edit" mode my vocals would remain "ahead" of the correct place and would not be in sync even if I dragged the bar all the way down to -400 ms (that is the extreme right limit). At 0 setting it was a total disaster. In precious versions, vocal would syn around 0 give or take max 80 ms.  

I uninstalled both bluestacks and smule several times. Nothing worked. Then I did a few things after doing some internet research about the issue. I uninstalled both using Revo uninstaller. Ran CCleaner (or any other PC system cleaner of your preference to clean old registry entries). Then I looked for remnant files. Typed Bluestacks and blustk in search field and removed any folder or file I found. As a last step I cleaned the temp folder (Press windows key and R key and type %temp%). There were a lot of bluestacks files in the temp folder. I deleted the whole folder with the exception of those that windows warned be about. Reinstalled Bluestacks and Smule and now everything syncs around 0 mark. 

Edited by Arham

• 6 months later...
JustinLack1

Hey Arham thank you so much I'll be really excited to try it out  !!! 

However I do you deal with the glitches ans click sounds that you can hear throughout the recording  ? That totally ruins my recordings

JustinLack1
14 minutes ago, Slayer4Mayor said:

This has been my number one issue since I started with Smule few months ago. At first everything st. Well. In time, it kept getting worse and now as you guys have mentioned, my slider is all the way to the right with no room to go! That's the bad news. The good news is, I don't really need to ever use that slider from what I've experienced. The way I get the sink issue to go away on mine is to just shut the app down and restart it. I think what happens in my case, and this might not be the same with everybody... I think my internet kicks on and off randomly. When it does that, it throws off the timing of the song with the lyrics somehow. When it real inks up there is a slight delay causing an offset in timing. I can either cancel my song and try to restart the song to see if it works, or I just exit the app. Sometimes I have to do it 2 or 3 times and it will find the correct itself. It is very annoying I can tell you that! There are some songs that it never would correct on and so I just had to leave those songs alone and come back to them another day. I hope these little things can help. Obviously the powers-that-be are not interested in this issue or a remedy.

Thank You for the tips.

Do you experience some glitches and click sounds in your recording ? When I use bluestacks I have an issue with these click and glitches in my recording and when I try Nox, I can't save the group collab because it doesn't detetct headphones ... I'm desperated 

• 1 year later...
KarstenKaplan

Since I couldn't find this anywhere else, to help anyone who has this same problem:

I found a solution to this that is a lot easier than the workarounds listed above. Try changing your profile settings in Bluestacks. When mine was set to "Galaxy S8" I had this same problem. When I changed it to "Oneplus 5" it fixed it, it was only off by about 160 ms rather than over 400.

Edited by KarstenKaplan
  • like 1

• 1 year later...
Kap
On 4/7/2020 at 3:20 AM, KarstenKaplan said:

Since I couldn't find this anywhere else, to help anyone who has this same problem:

I found a solution to this that is a lot easier than the workarounds listed above. Try changing your profile settings in Bluestacks. When mine was set to "Galaxy S8" I had this same problem. When I changed it to "Oneplus 5" it fixed it, it was only off by about 160 ms rather than over 400.

Thanks Karsten, I did exactly the same as you mention it, but however for me it didnt work from ("Galaxy S8 to Oneplus 5") But it did worked for me when I changed it to "Galaxy S20 Ultra" Thank you for bringing this up :D

Kap

For me nothing was wrong with my network, but it was the profile that causes all. So I just head to;

• Open Bluestack
  • There is a 3 bars on top right (e.g something like this = ) Press it
  • Settings
  • Device
  • In choose a predefined profile change it to (Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra)

Well it worked for me so I am not sure it would work for you. For me I had the profile originally set as "Galaxy S8" so I changed to "Oneplus 5" and somehow still didnt worked so I change it again to "Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra" and fianlly everything fixed.