Jump to content

I sound like a robot on playback. Please help!


Westendrocks

Recommended Posts

Westendrocks

Just lately when i go to review what i have recorded, my voice sounds distorted and like i have a robot effect on. It is very frustrating. I have tried numerous headphones and i am using a Samsung 7 edge phone. Any help on how to fix this would be great.

Link to post
Share on other sites

First I would get sure that smule is taking input from the headphone mic instead of the phone internal mic.
You can check that just by recording a private song and tapping with your finger where it is suposed to be the mic, while speaking what you are doing.
You may even try different mics and then later compare them in the playback.

  • love it! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

I am having the same problem - I have been singing on smule for over a year but today this microphone issue has arisen.  A google search told me that tons of users are also having the same problem.  Why is this issue not solved yet?

  • like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 10 months later...
Irishdinosaur

Yeah I have the same problem and I want to use the app but I have no idea how and no, it isn't my mic I just used it on another app and it was fine. It was just this app. I don't know what's going on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 11 months later...
nevarosa
On 2/27/2018 at 1:39 AM, BrainDad said:

First I would get sure that smule is taking input from the headphone mic instead of the phone internal mic.
You can check that just by recording a private song and tapping with your finger where it is suposed to be the mic, while speaking what you are doing.
You may even try different mics and then later compare them in the playback.

dang you are genius! Yes, I suddenly had the same problem! And I tabbed the phone mic while recording while using the airpod and it is picking up the sound through iphone mic!! now how to fix the problem of not recording through the earphone mic is a problem

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 months later...
DeepaPriyaSai
On 1/30/2020 at 12:28 PM, nevarosa said:

dang you are genius! Yes, I suddenly had the same problem! And I tabbed the phone mic while recording while using the airpod and it is picking up the sound through iphone mic!! now how to fix the problem of not recording through the earphone mic is a problem

 

On 2/21/2018 at 1:28 AM, Westendrocks said:

Just lately when i go to review what i have recorded, my voice sounds distorted and like i have a robot effect on. It is very frustrating. I have tried numerous headphones and i am using a Samsung 7 edge phone. Any help on how to fix this would be great.

I have the same issue when I installed Smule and used in my newly purchased Samsung M31. Can anyone help?

Link to a track:

https://www.smule.com/p/944279036_3603101642

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.