Smule question: hired professional singers?

Go to solution Solved by opentype,

Hello, everyone.

I have a question about smule and I'm hoping that I can get an answer here in my sing salon community. I currently sing on Smule and I am an upgraded VIP member and have noticed from the very beginning that many of the singers that I join in their invites sound like professional singers. What I mean by that is, they sound like they should have an album recorded because they clearly sound way too good to be singing on a phone app. And I would like to know if most Smule members on Smule are hired professional singers, does anybody know the background of the members on smule? I feel that as a paid monthly subscriber as a regular person is a bit strange.  since us the regular people on their don't sound like we should already have an album out and in a professional recording studio. Just a little unfair because of course the singers are going to sound to professional and with better audio equipment and sound systems. Just wondering if they are hired by the company of Smule. Thanks for reading my post, everyone. Take care and stay safe, my friends. 🙏

Edited by Autumnleaves
Misspelled word.

• Solution
opentype
4 hours ago, Autumnleaves said:

And I would like to know if most Smule members on Smule are hired professional singers …

Definitely not. There are a few with a special relationship, called Partner Artists. You can recognize them by their Checkmark badge. But other than that, it’s just regular singers who also need to pay for their VIP membership. I agree that there are many talented singers out there who could be professional singers, but I wouldn’t call that unfair. The chance to sing with talented people from all over the world and from various genres is what makes this app so great. And those people enjoy it too. That’s why they use the app. 

Thanks for your response. I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question. I hope that we can sing together on Smule, my friend. My username is Autumnleaves0. Take care and stay safe. 🙏

• 2 weeks later...
KC Kannan

It depends on where they are in their singing journey. Some singers use the app to better themselves over time. So if you happened to bump into someone who has advanced, as a newcomer for you, they might sound professional because they have fine tuned their talent and the app settings to sound their best. I agree with opentype's comment as well. This app is not to be viewed as a competition. It is an app to help with your journey with your music.