A user's profile repeatedly gets blocked in my account. What causes it?

sdr

In the last few days, I am seeing the profile of a person I have several collabs with getting blocked in my profile. When blocked that person cannot see any of our collabs in the profile. I unblock the profile and it becomes normal. The next day the same profile is seen blocked in my profile again. And I have to unblock it again. I suspect it to be some kind of hacking of my profile. My phone is password protected and only I know the password. Any idea why this happens?

opentype

I am not sure I follow. You describe two things: a blocked profile and missing collabs on a profile (which is assumed to be a result of the former problem). 

Maybe we can narrow it down to one problem to not cause confusion. Are you saying that when you visit your friends profile it shows as blocked, even though you keep unblocking it?

• thank you! 1

sdr
13 minutes ago, opentype said:

Are you saying that when you visit your friends profile it shows as blocked, even though you keep unblocking it?

The opposite. I see a profile in my Blocked Users list which is that of a person who joins my invites regularly. I have no reason to block this profile so unblock it immediately. A few hours later or the next day, the profile again appears in the Blocked Users list.

opentype

Hard to say what is going on. I tried to replicate it by unblocking someone, but they do not reappear in the block list. 

I can’t rule out hacking, but it also doesn’t sound very plausible that someone would get into your account every day just to secretly and repeatedly block one other singer. 

• like 1

realyquick
On 5/28/2023 at 5:14 AM, sdr said:

The opposite. I see a profile in my Blocked Users list which is that of a person who joins my invites regularly. I have no reason to block this profile so unblock it immediately. A few hours later or the next day, the profile again appears in the Blocked Users list.

This person probably has another ID which you are unaware of, and which you've blocked. I believe Smule uses ways to automatically block people for you who try to get around your block by registering a new ID.

• like 1