Smule alternatives? Which other Karaoke apps are you using?

opentype

Have you tried out karaoke apps other than Smule? If so which ones? What are there pros and cons?

Glasnost77

Starmaker.

Pros - the free account allows to record solos as well, unlike smule which forces one into a duet ! The song selection seems to be good, about the same as that for smule (had tried for English songs). 

Cons - It is infested with bots. Even if you record a fully blank track, there will be several fake accounts (bots with 0 recordings) who will post comments complimenting the recording, some will follow you. Also the audio fx, although I found settings like reverb etc similar to smule, in the end the sound quality is not as good as recordings in smule. For duets, this app forces video to be used, doesnt allow duets with audio-only 

• like 2

opentype

I tried the 7-day-free-trial with Starmaker and now I appreciate Smule much more. 

Oh Yeah It Was Terrible GIF by Amazon Prime Video

• like 2

realyquick

The bots and fake comments on Starmaker are annoying, and the app generally isn't well designed. Also the app is obviously written by non-English speakers. There's so much fake stuff here that makes it an inferior product.

Smule on the other hand has become much worse after the original team quit and the clueless new team took over and changed the user interface, making it much harder to use, and introducing new bugs on a regular basis. The only useful thing this team has achieved is Playlists. I'm still baffled by the fact that Favorites and other playlists don't show the singers of the collab, just the name of the song, making it impossible for you to find a fave collab and play it.

Both apps cost way more than they should. An app like this should be cheap on a subscription basis. They charge $50 annually in the US (sometimes $40 if they're in a good mood) and it costs a lot more if you subscribe on a weekly or monthly basis.

Glasnost77

The bots in Starmaker have got smarter. Now they actually have a few recordings in their profile, making it hard to distinguish a bot vs a real user. But if we play those recordings, they are a blank track with no voice at all... LMAO !!