Please help my Irig PRO I/o Will not charge my Tablet

Dean_UK

Hi guys about two years I bought an IRIG PRO I/o and sang a few songs and everything was fine, however today I hooked it all up for the first time plugged in my Ipad and it doesn’t charge it up ! 

The IRIG PRO I/o light is on well one of the light is on and the other isn’t, I plug my headphones into the headphone socket on the IRIG PRO itself . The microphone is plugged into the top end of the IRIG PRO and the microphone still works on smule as I tested it out, I power the IRIG PRO up with the power adaptor that came with it , I will add pictures here 

72AA2E58-4F9D-4EB5-968F-1E654FC45DBF.jpeg

90D106BD-64A6-4116-A4A1-4D739B58DFC7.jpeg

opentype

Other than re-connecting everything to see if everything is really plugged in correctly, I have no other tips. In general it should work right away. There aren’t any settings, buttons or lights indicating the charging. 

It certainly works for my iPhone. If you can’t get it to work, I would write a support email to IK Multimedia. Maybe certain iPads demand too much power or something like that. Their support would know if your specific iPad is officially supported. 

Dean_UK

I have Reconnected everything I unplugged everything and plugged it all back in, the battery indicator on my Ipad doesn’t charge up ! the microphone works as i’ve tested it . I even plugged in my ipod touch 7th generation which I used originally a few years ago and that won’t charge up at the same time either . Has anyone heard of the IRIG PowerBridge ? that apparently charges up your phone tablet etc , whilst using the Irig Pro I/o

10 minutes ago, opentype said:

Other than re-connecting everything to see if everything is really plugged in correctly, I have no other tips. In general it should work right away. There aren’t any settings, buttons or lights indicating the charging. 

It certainly works for my iPhone. If you can’t get it to work, I would write a support email to IK Multimedia. Maybe certain iPads demand too much power or something like that. Their support would know if your specific iPad is officially supported. 

opentype
On 12/17/2022 at 8:07 PM, Dean_UK said:

Has anyone heard of the IRIG PowerBridge ? that apparently charges up your phone tablet etc , whilst using the Irig Pro I/o

It’s probably better to first find out what’s going on with your setup than throwing more money at the problem. A working iRig Pro I/O with a charger should be a superior solution to an iRig Pro I/O plus PowerBridge. 

Dean_UK
On 12/2/2022 at 5:51 PM, Lou ELVIS said:

The other nice thing is that it uses a 9 volt battery which is better than the I rig 2 which uses two double AA and does not last long at all when recording on a condenser mic I was to had problems with going through 9 volts with my original irig pre I solved this by buying a rechargeable 9 volt and a ever ready charger that was on sale now I can recharge all my batteries when needed

1 hour ago, opentype said:

It’s probably better to first find out what’s going on with your setup than throwing more money at the problem. A working iRig Pro I/O with a charger should be a superior solution to an iRig Pro I/O plus PowerBridge. 

Well I have been trying to fix the problem and going over my brain what it could be wrong as to why it doesn’t charge up anymore when connected, this afternoon I connected an Ipod touch and the IrigPro device didn’t charge up my ipod,

so it’s not the Ipod touch or the Ipad that’s the problem here,the IrigPro i/o recognises my shure microphone so that’s not true problem either , the power supply is offical IK Multimedia one and not a third party, that also works as I get a blue light come on when connected !

My original lightning to mini din cable that came with the IrigPro broke and the end snapped off last week, So I tried a new cable from amazon that was also IK Multimedia own brand IrigPro i/o

So what i’ve done is order a brand new Irigpro I/O unit off of amazon and it’s coming on Wednesday . I can’t see this new one not working , i’m guessing now it was the unit itself that was faulty, IK multimedia no longer make the Powerbridge it is out of production sadly as i’ve been on there website , you can only buy them preowned and i never buy electronic equipment second hand .

Of course I could of saved some money and not bought a new IrigPro unit as it still worked, but then my Ipad battery would of drained right down as the IrigPro I/O is a real battery drainer plus smule singing with video on, I don’t see the point of using battery’s on IrigPro I/O either as they don’t last long.

Edited by Dean_UK

Dean_UK

I would like to update this topic so today my New IrigPro I/O arrived and it turns out it was the Lightning to Din lead that was the problem! both actual IrigPros both work, BEAWARE guys the IK Multimedia Lightning to Din replacement cables they sell on amazon don’t charge your phones or tablets , it has to have this red bit round it or it doesn’t work Like in this picture,

you can still use the IK Multimedia ones on amazon to sing but it will not charge your device at the same time 

C7825222-9010-4191-A867-372C2F95B1B4.jpeg

• like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Lou ELVIS

I have two iRig mic pres the original with the 9-volt and now the I work Mic Pre2 but I now have done a 360 and now run the  shure mv88+ and haven't looked back happy singing.

SHURE-mv88plus-01.jpg