Can’t write Smule comments?

Go to solution Solved by opentype,

Tooticki71

Does anyone recognize this problem? I’ve never experienced it before… (I’m VIP.) Each time I try to post a written comnent on any song, my invites or when I’ve joined someone or just listen to someone elses collabs and want to write something, I just get a “Oops-message” all across the screen!? It’s been like this for the last three hours. I can still give hearts, send gifts with comments or send a pm to friends. But for some weird reason not comment?

Grateful for any suggestion on what to do, or if you know what the reason might be? I’ve sent a request to the Support, but it can take several days to get an answer… 😢

/Annika

9214F345-8457-4AF0-A460-EA9BB736D9FB.png

• Solution
opentype

Did you leave many comments today by any chance? It could be that Smule blocked commenting temporarily. Or Smule currently has a problem. Either way, I would just wait 24 hours and it will probably start working again. 

Tooticki71

Yes, I did a lot of commenting… Since I‘ve announced to my many close singing friends on Smule I‘m leaving the app for good and will delete my account in the evening of Oct 31, I‘ve hade many comments - and messages - to reply to… In some cases the ”goodbye-conversations” in specific songs been longer then what’s normal, yes… But were do we user get warnings or notifications about writing too many comments? And who would mind someone commenting in a duet and private collab except the two involved??? 🤷🏻‍♀️

My God…I so understand my own decision to leave even more now…!😔

Smule ”allow” all different scams and hoax and fake profiles and money games…but not an occasional little to frequent commeting among real singing-pals? 🙄

So now I probably seem like a smuck to friends when I don’t reply or seem to care in the middle of emotional goodbyes…hurray!? 😣🥺😢

Thanks for taking time to answer abd shed some light to this! @opentype 🙏🏻🥺

/Annika

sdr
7 hours ago, Tooticki71 said:

My God…I so understand my own decision to leave even more now…!😔

Smule ”allow” all different scams and hoax and fake profiles and money games…but not an occasional little to frequent commeting among real singing-pals? 🙄

They might have stopped you from making more comments under recordings because they want you to type your messages in the Private Messages so that you might not delete them. They would like to keep them for their employees to read them in their free time🤔🤪

Edited by sdr
  • haha 1

Tooticki71

Haha…who knows? 🤪

Considering all the weird messages and suggestions I’ve gotten during my 3 years of singing on Smule, the recurring stealing/copying of my profile photos and recordings to create fake profiles similar to mine without any action from Smule when reporting, the outside “MLM games” attached to this app that’s the root of unwanted followers and sharing in groups, I wouldn’t be surprised if reading PM’s during work-hour was a salery benefit or the Friday highlight at the office? The focus just isn’t right somehow…it’s not user oriented.

At least not towards users like me, who just want to sing, interact a little with well chosen friends, not seeking likes or followers without substances or anything else that’s artifical… Just someone trying to say goodbye in a decent way to different people with obviously ”too many commentes”… 😔

/Annika

• like 1

TheMajesticM
9 hours ago, sdr said:

They might have stopped you from making more comments under recordings because they want you to type your messages in the Private Messages so that you might not delete them. They would like to keep them for their employees to read them in their free time🤔🤪

We think alike! LMBO! 😂 I have thought the same about employees reading private messages. Give them something to talk about I say! 😂 

@Tooticki71Sorry to see you leave. Most as myself that have been on the app for years have learned to adapt to the things you mentioned. I just keep in mind “it’s just an app” and forget it when I log off. The pandemic also made me realize social media in general is not near as important as my real life. Best wishes to you! 

• love it! 1

Tooticki71

I have loved Smule despite the sometimes a bit darker side if it… My leaving is not ’caused by it’s flaws per se. 😇

I guess I was frustrated by not knowing what I’ve done wrong. I’m usually not someone breaking any rules, or going around disrespecting others. So I was a bit shocked by being ”blocked” by the app itself knowing how often I’ve been effected by things I wish was takencsre of… Especially since It was without any explanation whatsoever, and probably just because I wrote a few more comments than I usually do during my ”goodbye”.

Anyway, I have appreciated this place Sing Salon, and wish you all the best! 👌🏻🌸

Cheers!

Annika

opentype
5 minutes ago, Tooticki71 said:

Anyway, I have appreciated this place Sing Salon, and wish you all the best!

Happy I Like It GIF

P.S. Don’t forget that you have an active Sing.Salon Supporter subscribe. You might want to cancel that if you intent to stop using Smule and Sing.Salon.  

• like 1

sdr
12 minutes ago, Tooticki71 said:

So I was a bit shocked by being ”blocked” by the app itself knowing how often I’ve been effected by things I wish was takencsre of… Especially since It was without any explanation whatsoever, and probably just because I wrote a few more comments than I usually do

Smule has some unstated limits on some user activities to stop spams. Following and unfollowing about 100 singers a day is one such activity. You are alerted when you try to do any of these.

I have seen recordings with 100s of comments under them. I didn't know limits existed in the number of comments also.

These limits expire on a daily basis. So you should be able to reply to your friends tomorrow or later. You might have other reasons to leave smule, but I think they should not be these limits that we saw above.👍😁

Tooticki71

Oh, no these limits are absolutely not the reason for my leaving Smule. 😄 That is a lifestyle based decision in a much broader sense. 👍 It was like grist to the mill though...

This incident was just something I´ve never experienced before and I did NOT get any alert? So I was really trubbled since I had planned (and announced) to delete my account today Oct 31...and I wanted to answer and comment to everyone properly before deleting. And yes, there was one recording where I wrote like 15 comments in a row instead of sending a message... But that was a private sent open mic that I received, so I never thought it would even bother anyone? Most of all not Smule staff (guess they all have the initials AI, haha?). 😅

Well, anyway I´m grateful for your kind and thourogh explanation - so THANK YOU! 🙏 Now I´m gonna spend my last credits here and try to pick some last songs to download before the ship sinks... 🚢

Cheers!

Annika

Tooticki71
2 hours ago, opentype said:

P.S. Don’t forget that you have an active Sing.Salon Supporter subscribe. You might want to cancel that if you intent to stop using Smule and Sing.Salon.  

Awww...that´s true! Thanks for the kind reminder - much appreciated! 🙂

Lisa Kudrow Reaction GIF by The Comeback HBO

realyquick

Don't delete your account, just delete the app from your phone. And re-install it much later, if you feel like it. Or don't. That gives you options down the road. Almost everyone who deletes their account wishes later they hadn't, but by then it's too late to recover their collabs.