How to duet in Smule?

LynnPua

I was trying to duet with myself. At the start of a recording, chose "duet" and recorded and saved. Then I played it back and selected "join". But never got a 2nd save option. How can I do that? And also, how can I stop seeing the nasty post someone made about Smule and Narcissm? 

Thanks LP

My2CentsWorth
12 hours ago, LynnPua said:

I was trying to duet with myself. At the start of a recording, chose "duet" and recorded and saved. Then I played it back and selected "join". But never got a 2nd save option. How can I do that? And also, how can I stop seeing the nasty post someone made about Smule and Narcissm? 

Thanks LP

Hi Lynn, once you join and listened to your recording and is satisfied,  press Continue and the song will be published.

As for posts you don't want to see, scroll away. Don't read it,  don't open it. Simple!

LynnPua

To re-state my question -- I'm a novice. Have made a private recording. Now I want to duet with that recording, with the results being private. I first recorded clicking the "duet" button. I have tried clicking on that recording from my profile, adding "join" then full song and singing. But the result is not there.

Thanks LP

sdr
7 hours ago, LynnPua said:

To re-state my question -- I'm a novice. Have made a private recording. Now I want to duet with that recording, with the results being private. I first recorded clicking the "duet" button. I have tried clicking on that recording from my profile, adding "join" then full song and singing. But the result is not there.

Thanks LP

I just joined one of my private invites and it worked fine.

Your recording will be shown in the list of joins along with joins of others. In the case of no others you sent the invite joining you, there will be just your join.

You might as well sing a solo if you don't want others to join you.🤔😁

Edited by sdr

opentype
12 hours ago, LynnPua said:

I first recorded clicking the "duet" button. I have tried clicking on that recording from my profile, adding "join" then full song and singing.

That sounds right. After you recorded the “join”, you should be led to a review screen, where you can play the recording and adjust the volume, effects and so on. From that review screen there will be a “Continue” button to actually save and upload the duet.