Iphone Set up for crisp sound recording on smule

Anshuman

I have heard people sounding too crisp & clear on smule and I have wondered as to what makes them sound so. They seem to use Iphone & apple earbuds as displayed on VoC but I could not get their balance / exact set up.

I would like to share a couple of my recordings with simple set up. First recording is with IPhone 12 directly connected with Sony mdr 150AP earphones through lightening connector and in 2nd recording iphone is replaced with android phone. I find the sound of my voice as cheap bass, like having burs around a string, compared with that of co-singer.  Earlier I have also tried apple earphones but singing through them sounds too husky (compared to the out put previous one was better). I even tried using Irig preHd with AT2020 mic through XLR, but the experience was even worse and I returned all. I wish someone could suggest me a good smule set up with Iphone as I am a novice in all these sound output thing. Could you suggest me as to how to get the sound quality in recording, matching with that of my cosinger. Here is my recoding for you to hear ( pl. listen especially to the part where she/I stopped and I/she started to difference is clearly noticed) which becomes more obvious when heard on phone through earbuds

https://www.smule.com/recording/full-abke-sawan-mein-jee-kishore-kumar-lata-mangeshkar-hd-ab-ke-sawan-mein-jee-dare-jaise-ko-taisa/1093704286_4451611602?channel=Copy-Link

https://www.smule.com/recording/kishore-kumar-asha-bhosle-meri-soni-meri-tamanna-hq-o-meri-soni-mere-yaadon-ki-baarat/2598866363_4094196539?channel=Copy-Link

Please help me.

Edited by Anshuman

_Joe_Church_

Beautiful music and voice my friend. I don't listen a very big difference between the two recordings. Maybe the first is better. My experience with Android was bad, but it's fair to say that it was Android KitKat 4.0.

Perfect setting for me is the iRig Pro with an old Philips Dynamic phone, very cheap. Without using the sound interface my best is Energy Sistem, a spanish brand that curiously put good mics in the earbuds. It was good for me to take some lessons to make clear the voice.

• like 1

Anshuman
8 hours ago, _Joe_Church_ said:

Beautiful music and voice my friend. I don't listen a very big difference between the two recordings. Maybe the first is better. My experience with Android was bad, but it's fair to say that it was Android KitKat 4.0.

Perfect setting for me is the iRig Pro with an old Philips Dynamic phone, very cheap. Without using the sound interface my best is Energy Sistem, a spanish brand that curiously put good mics in the earbuds. It was good for me to take some lessons to make clear the voice.

Many thanks for your appreciation and the set up suggested by you.

Can you please share any of your recording with the suggested set up to help me to compare the sound quality with that I am looking for?

Anshuman
9 hours ago, _Joe_Church_ said:

I don't listen a very big difference between the two recordings. Maybe the first is better. 

Sorry for not making myself clear in my post. I mentioned about difference in recording of my voice and my cosinger in both the songs instead of my voice in both the recordings. I think the sound recording of my cosinger has sound clarity which has not deteriorated with echo and gain, whereas I notice voice getting heavy or distorted in my case if I try to increase the reverb to match the echo of my cosinger.