Why did Smule go back to deleting joins of people who delete their accounts?

Go to solution Solved by My2CentsWorth,

My2CentsWorth
On 9/14/2022 at 9:31 AM, TheMajesticM said:

All of you making comments that users delete accounts to revenge someone does not make sense to me. I have deleted an account and it hurt me to lose my recordings but it was not to intentionally hurt anyone. It was to keep my life peaceful. 

I totally agree with you.  

Like you, I deleted my account to give myself a peace of mind. Too much drama and gaslighting going on there. 

What I did though,  even prior to thinking of deleting the account, was to download the duets I liked, so no lost fav recordings on my part. 

Life is already stressful enough, no need to add more stress over a singing app.  

• love it! 1

DuetWithAlli
On 9/13/2022 at 4:04 AM, My2CentsWorth said:

When one has confirmed they want their account deleted, one would lose access to their own account. They will see,,as you do, that the account is suspended.

During this time, others can still access the songs via searching by usernames, like what you did. This is the time to download songs you want to keep,if you hadn't already done so.   

Smule takes awhile (up to a month or more) to delete all recordings done by the person. Group songs are the last to be deleted. The deleted layer makes the group song sound weird 🤣

Oh, interesting! That makes sense, because I assumed he deleted his account for personal reasons, and would have been surprised if he had actually been suspended by Smule. I think he previously deleted any songs I may have wanted to keep … but maybe I should check while I have the chance. Thanks again.

@TheMajesticM It’s kind of complicated. Looking back on those situations, I do believe that deleting our recordings left one of those guys equally hurt. But the other sounds like the kind of man you ran up against, unfortunately. I don’t think he felt any remorse, and if he had the chance to do it over, it’s likely he would do the same thing. 

I’m sorry you felt you had to delete your account over that garbage. As much as it hurt, maybe it was the right thing to do at the time for your peace of mind. At the end of the day, the people matter more than the recordings. If someone feels they have have been hurt by me, I’d rather they delete the recordings and move on and just be ok. Glad you were able to come back from it and enjoy singing again.

Edited by DuetWithAlli
Punctuation
  • thank you! 1