Smule auto play?

augustm

Please tell me why auto play has to be turned off after each song instead of selecting it when wanted?

Thanks,

Augie

• haha 1

realyquick

It's bizarre. Auto-play was there as a useful option, and they just decided to remove it. If you go to the web version, it's still there, untouched by this new smule team that's been breaking everything since the last year or so.

Joshua96813
8 hours ago, realyquick said:

Auto-play was there as a useful option, and they just decided to remove it.

Huh? Auto-play is still there, there's no option to turn it off, and it drives me insane. When I'm listening to my joins and collabs on the Channel tab of my profile page, when a song finishes it jumps to the next song before I can hit the like button or leave a comment. Then I have to get back to the song and start playing it again in order to post a comment. There's briefly a spinning circle labeled cancel, but it often doesn't respond, and when it does, the same song starts playing over again. I often have to tap the "cancel next song" icon multiple times, and in my desperate attempt to cancel, the page scrolls up and the next song starts playing, or even worse, it starts rapidly jumping from one song to the next. It does the same thing on the Favorites tab. I hate auto-play with a passion. I'd be overcome with joy if Smule would get rid of that damned auto-play, or at least give me the option to turn it off. I've complained to Smule about this before, but they've never done anything about it. I don't know what version of Smule you have, but I have Android version 9.8.3 build 2181, and they sure haven't removed auto-play there. You mention auto-play as having been an option. Well, it must be hidden, because I've been on Smule for over three years, and I've never seen an option to turn auto-play off or on. Where the heck is (or was) the option to turn it off? 😠

• love it! 1

sdr
On 6/10/2022 at 12:31 PM, Joshua96813 said:

When I'm listening to my joins and collabs on the Channel tab of my profile page, when a song finishes it jumps to the next song before I can hit the like button or leave a comment

Pause the playback at the end of the song. Then you can take any amount of time to like and comment. The autoplay does not get activated.

As you noted,  use the Cancel button to hear the song again and you can comment in the meantime.

I also feel that they should bring back the autoplay Off switch. 

• like 1

Joshua96813
1 hour ago, sdr said:

Pause the playback at the end of the song.

The problem with pausing or stopping the song before the end is that I and other people often make a spoken comment at the very end of the recording, which I may want to mention in my written comments. Can't do that if I don't play the recording to the very end. I often have to tap the Cancel button multiple times before it responds, sometimes it doesn't respond at all and jumps to the next song, and I don't necessarily want to listen to the same recording again anyway.

I don't understand why Smule can't just give users the option to turn autoplay on or off. Of course, that's par for the course for Smule to force things on their paying subscribers whether they want it or not.

• like 2
  • love it! 1