Keep my duet invites for more than 7 days ?? How to do it please? 🤗

KingJohn_321

How do I keep my duet invites for more than 7 days please. 🎙️

• love it! 1

opentype

It’s a weird system currently.
Traditionally, a duet OC would run 7 days and there was no way to change/extend that. 
But now, even “expired” OCs can still be joined, unless they were manually closed before they expired automatically. Despite this change, the old system of having duet OCs run for 7 days remains in place. 

Long story short: No, you can’t extend your OCs. But you also don’t need to, as users will be able to join them even after 7 days. 

• like 1
  • thank you! 1

RockMeSlowly
5 hours ago, opentype said:

It’s a weird system currently.
Traditionally, a duet OC would run 7 days and there was no way to change/extend that. 
But now, even “expired” OCs can still be joined, unless they were manually closed before they expired automatically. Despite this change, the old system of having duet OCs run for 7 days remains in place. 

Long story short: No, you can’t extend your OCs. But you also don’t need to, as users will be able to join them even after 7 days. 

I'd imagine someone can pay for a checkmark if they want an OC to stay on their invite list. 

RockMeSlowly
5 hours ago, KingJohn_321 said:

Thank you so much 🌷 what's an OC ??

It's short for "open call" (sometimes referred to as an "open"). It's a term for a song you start that you'd like others to join

Isa_Bella
2 hours ago, RockMeSlowly said:

I'd imagine someone can pay for a checkmark if they want an OC to stay on their invite list. 

It used to have that option but they removed it when even  an expired OC's can still be joined.

sdr
11 hours ago, opentype said:

I think current setup is better. Invites are removed from the Invites tab after 7 days but are always accessible from the singer's profile or a search result. 

• like 2

RockMeSlowly
16 hours ago, Isa_Bella said:

It used to have that option but they removed it when even  an expired OC's can still be joined.

I'm referring to when some users get check marks and their invites stick around in searches forever.

Isa_Bella
11 hours ago, RockMeSlowly said:

I'm referring to when some users get check marks and their invites stick around in searches forever.

My comment refers to a paid 7 days extention of invite... it used to have this option but they removed it.

• like 2

sdr
20 hours ago, Isa_Bella said:

My comment refers to a paid 7 days extention of invite... it used to have this option but they removed it.

I can understand the need for such a feature even if the invites are still available in the profile,  though I never used it when it was available. Hope they will be sensible enough to reinstate that feature in future. 😁

• like 2

Isa_Bella
22 hours ago, sdr said:

I can understand the need for such a feature even if the invites are still available in the profile,  though I never used it when it was available. Hope they will be sensible enough to reinstate that feature in future. 😁

yes coz it sucks to scroll down all the way to find the previous invites.. 

Joshua96813
On 5/18/2022 at 6:52 PM, sdr said:

Invites are removed from the Invites tab after 7 days but are always accessible from the singer's profile or a search result. 

I don't mind if invites are automatically removed from a singer's list of invites after 7 days, however, if I've bookmarked someone's invite to join later, it'd be nice if it stayed on my list of bookmarked invites until I've had a chance to join them instead of disappearing at the end of the 7 days. (If the other person has manually closed the invite, then that's fine if it's also removed from my list of bookmarked invites.) Once in a while, if I know I won't be able to join the other person before the invite expires, I add the invite to my "favorites" list so that I won't forget about it. But I don't like to do it that way because then the other person gets notified that I've "favorited" their song, which isn't my intention.

sdr
1 hour ago, Joshua96813 said:

it'd be nice if it stayed on my list of bookmarked invites until I've had a chance to join them instead of disappearing at the end of the 7 days.

That would be a beautiful feature. 👌👍

• like 1

sdr
1 hour ago, Joshua96813 said:

I add the invite to my "favorites" list so that I won't forget about it. But I don't like to do it that way because then the other person gets notified that I've "favorited" their song, which isn't my intention.

That's what I do with the expired invites I find in a search. In a way it is better than the bookmark because the other singer gets notified that you will be joining it later. A kind of 'Promise'😁 After joining or deciding to not join you can remove it from favories. This is a better use of Favorites because hardly anyone other than yourself go through them.👍👍😁