Problem Text covered by the video

fl3nd3r

Hello,
I have the same problem on 2 different android devices:

Honor 10 Lite
and
Blackview A80Pro

Practically singing in video mode I can not read the text because it is partially covered by the video as you can see from the photo.
Any solution?
Thanks.

Smule problema video.jpg

opentype

That’s normal. What is being partially covered is only the upcoming text, not the line you need to sing. 
On Apple devices, it looks a little bit nicer, because the text isn’t just cut off, but has a gradient. But the principle is the same. 

fl3nd3r

No it's not normal, it wasn't like that before and then I compared it with other android, there must be a problem.
In any case it is almost impossible to sing.
Thanks for the reply.

duojet24

Can confirm it shows up the same way for me. I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra. It's always been like this for me as far as I can remember.

107802.thumb.jpg.d0322bd2bc166d737154b9912b170dbb.jpg

Though on certain songs, sometimes you'll get the "follow along" musical lines at the bottom of the screen, too...

107801.thumb.jpg.7f5ec4ea982a2742ea8367a651379e71.jpg

Perhaps your phones are running older, or perhaps alternate versions of Smule? I agree, it could be more helpful for some to see more of the lyrics. 😄

Isa_Bella

Switch to Apple you will not have a problem.. 😉😉

fl3nd3r

As far as I'm concerned it's impossible to sing most of the songs this way.

I also have apple, but lately in my opinion the sound quality of android has surpassed apple.

There is no doubt however that many more lines of text are visible on Apple.
I await new interventions.
Thanks.

fl3nd3r
40 minutes ago, opentype said:

For feature requests, you need to contact Smule. 

Already done, but as usual ... :-D

Joshua96813
On 5/17/2022 at 5:57 PM, Isa_Bella said:

Switch to Apple you will not have a problem.. 😉😉

Smule should make sure their Android app works with all of the features and just as well as their iOS app works. I am NOT fan of Apple, and telling me to switch to Apple's products is insulting.

• like 1

Isa_Bella
On 5/23/2022 at 2:34 PM, Joshua96813 said:

Smule should make sure their Android app works with all of the features and just as well as their iOS app works. I am NOT fan of Apple, and telling me to switch to Apple's products is insulting.

What I said was only a suggestion.. Everyone are aware that IOS is the priority when it comes to features and Smule received tons and tons of complaints but nothing has been done to resolve the issues nd you cant do nothing about it but to wait😞😞..  Simple equation .... You are not Happy = Find something that makes you happy

fl3nd3r
17 hours ago, Isa_Bella said:

What I said was only a suggestion.. Everyone are aware that IOS is the priority when it comes to features and Smule received tons and tons of complaints but nothing has been done to resolve the issues nd you cant do nothing about it but to wait😞😞..  Simple equation .... You are not Happy = Find something that makes you happy

Paying it is assumed that they should put us in a position to be able to sing and in any case even on ios there are various problems.

Isa_Bella
8 hours ago, fl3nd3r said:

Paying it is assumed that they should put us in a position to be able to sing and in any case even on ios there are various problems.

I have been using IOS for the last 6 years I didn't have any major problems.. I guess it depends on the user's expectations.. Some changes that I can just ignored and not to waste my time bothering it and find a solution to make me  happy...Smule is not my bread and butter to worry about..  😒😒  I have 6 Smule accounts and all VIP's 

• 4 weeks later...
EarthSpiritUK

I have had this issue too, on my Samsung S7 and Huawei P Smart. A few years ago, I had no issues whatsoever doing videos but many times, I can't see my next line. 

I messaged Smule support and they asked for a screen video of the issue which I finally submitted earlier in the week. They have now forwarded the issue for debugging but they said that it may be some time until it's fixed. Not good but at least it's been acknowledged.

I suggest that everyone having this issue should use the feature requests form to let them know. The more people who report it, the higher up the list it should go. 

fl3nd3r

I have no idea how many tickets I have sent in these 7 years ..
The fact is that this is a major bug and one that many have and I think they should give it top priority.
Even if up to now Smule regales the most professional singing experience that can be found in a karaoke partner, the app is badly made and above all very heavy for the contents it has, just compare it with the lightness of Starmaker which is full of junk , but which nevertheless remains fluid.

• like 1