Duets are stacking on top of each other and unable to select them.

Mikemr2jsff

Anybody else getting the stacking duets bug? iPhone 13+ and does anyone have a fix. I hate not being able to like and comment

BE7DD1FF-6677-498C-B496-2EE3E9936808.png

opentype

Yep, one of the many problems with the new profile. 

You could check the joins and comment on the Smule website as a work-around. 

• like 1

realyquick

This bug is fixed in today's 10.5.7 release, which strangely comes with this description: "Choose between List or Grid view for your Profile's channel." This is the third release which has that same description, although the only change in this release is fixing the "Stacking joins" layout issue described above.

In an almost 10 year old app, these guys are fixing basic screen formatting issues. Because they keep changing the screen. Bunch of jokers.

DuetWithAlli

It might make a difference which device you’re using. On my newer iPad, I still have issues with the joins overlapping. But here’s a tip: if the joins are overlapping, tap on the screen and scroll up the tiniest bit, and they display properly. 

However, on my old iPad that is so old that it doesn’t function well enough to sing, I am running the same version of the app, and it always displays the joins properly with no work around 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Edited by DuetWithAlli
Left out a word
  • like 2

realyquick

Just goes to show these guys have no idea what they are doing. It's clear there's a new team implementing all these meaningless changes, and the good team that wrote the original awesome app has quit. Every new release is one (tiny) step forward, multiple (big) steps back😕

• like 1

realyquick

Btw, this new release also fixed the bizarre auto-play of songs in Feed (which it did instead of showing the actual Feed). They finally fixed it after creating this bug a couple months or so back.

• like 1

DuetWithAlli
22 hours ago, realyquick said:

Btw, this new release also fixed the bizarre auto-play of songs in Feed (which it did instead of showing the actual Feed). They finally fixed it after creating this bug a couple months or so back.

Oh geeez … 🤦‍♀️ I updated to the newest version and guess what … I’m still having the issue with overlapping joins. So I guess I’ll do what I was trying to do when I accidentally discovered the scrolling up technique, and send Smule some screenshots and a video to show them what the issue is. Hoping that if  they can understand it (which is a big if) they might fix it? 

• like 1

realyquick
3 hours ago, DuetWithAlli said:

Oh geeez … 🤦‍♀️ I updated to the newest version and guess what … I’m still having the issue with overlapping joins. So I guess I’ll do what I was trying to do when I accidentally discovered the scrolling up technique, and send Smule some screenshots and a video to show them what the issue is. Hoping that if  they can understand it (which is a big if) they might fix it? 

Are you on Android? Their fixes for Android are usually lagging the iPhone releases, so maybe it'll be fixed in the next one for you. They're well aware of this bug so you might just send them your OS, phone model, and the Smule version number you currently have installed, and tell them you have the joins screen overlapping issue. Hopefully you'll get a useful reply (tho usually the person responding to the support email will send a phony polite message apologizing for the issue and saying they will look into it😄