Styles Used For Group Songs

Go to solution Solved by jimventresco,

TheMajesticM

There are some really nice styles users have created on the app. I know the style feature does not seem to be too popular but I like it. However there is a problem if you do not create the style yourself for a group song. I used a sweet looking style I discovered when joining a duet for a group song I opened.  The style was not a good fit. I thought about sending technical support a message asking them to change the style but I figured they probably could not do it or may not due to having to do it for everyone who is not pleased with the final product. I wish there was a way to differentiate what styles are best for groups. 

• like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution
jimventresco

In style studio I go to recently used styles, show all, then choose the one that was cool (for groups for example), then save it out to my styles with a slightly different name, then you can dive in and make adjustments to suit.  But is a little difficult to understand, watch videos on youtube eventualli the light bulb came on for me.  You have to learn all the different icons that are on the corners of the style editor screen and get used to what they do, some load a performance (but only yours for the most part), lower right i think saves a a style and the big plus loads other styles.  Almost need tp have a cheat sheet. 

• like 1
  • love it! 1

DuetWithAlli

Oh, I’ve noticed this too! The style I myself created for a group collab turned out poorly hehe. The faces are often ribboned beside each other instead of something nice, like having the screen divided into blocks. @jimventresco that is a clever solution! Thanks for sharing.

• like 1

• 1 month later...
Violet

I saw somebody's video with only one solid color background. The real background was totally removed and replaced with only one color, making it look like a wall behind him. If somebody knows how to do this, please share. Thanks a lot.

opentype
5 hours ago, Violet said:

I saw somebody's video with only one solid color background. The real background was totally removed and replaced with only one color, making it look like a wall behind him. If somebody knows how to do this, please share. Thanks a lot.

Do you have a link to the song? 

From the description, it just sounds the singer was standing in front of an object (wall/sheet/greenscreen) with a solid color. 

• like 1

Violet

There's some group recordings with only one solid color background behind all of singers but I don't remember where to get you the link.

opentype

Yeah, nothing special going on there. You can easily replicate it with a dark wall, blanket et cetera and light that only falls on your face. 

• like 1

Violet
5 hours ago, opentype said:

Yeah, nothing special going on there. You can easily replicate it with a dark wall, blanket et cetera and light that only falls on your face. 

Yeah, I see that feature on Iphone when taking a picture with the Stage Light mode. Not sure how to do when recording a video in Smule :-(