My recent recording of There I said it again.

augustm

I recorded this song several times and after I saved it, before I downloaded it, the playback is cut short and jumps to the beginning of the recording. What's wrong?

Thanks,

Augiem

opentype

I am not sure I fully understand the question. The playback is permanently incomplete in the app?

Make sure you aren’t in the Moments mode. If you can link the song, we can check whether it plays correctly for us. 

sdr
11 hours ago, augustm said:

I recorded this song several times and after I saved it, before I downloaded it, the playback is cut short and jumps to the beginning of the recording

The song was not downloaded completely to your phone. There could have been some connection interruption when you first opened it for recording.

Go to Settings - App Manager - Smule - Storage. Then Clear Data and Clear Cache. Restart smule. You will be asked to confirm your phone or email. Then the song will be downloaded again and you will be able to record the full song.

realyquick
18 hours ago, augustm said:

I recorded this song several times and after I saved it, before I downloaded it, the playback is cut short and jumps to the beginning of the recording. What's wrong?

Thanks,

Augiem

When you start recording it gives you an option of "Full song" or "Moment". If you selected Moment then this sort of thing will happen. Also, when you listen to a song you can select Full song or Moment, and quite often people accidentally tap on that option while trying to tap the play button.. in that case, you'll hear just a part of the song. You need to tap that and make it "Full song" to play the whole song.

Yet another feature I don't get the point of. When they added this, they lost the time display within the song (how many minutes/seconds you are into the song) which was far more useful.

• like 1

sdr
21 minutes ago, realyquick said:

Yet another feature I don't get the point of

It came with the package. And the programmer didn't know how to remove it🤪😂

Edited by sdr
  • haha 1

duojet24
On 3/26/2022 at 5:25 AM, realyquick said:

Yet another feature I don't get the point of. When they added this, they lost the time display within the song (how many minutes/seconds you are into the song) which was far more useful.

For solos / duets - I agree. The "moments" feature is mostly pointless. I'm not sure why anyone would only want to sing one segment of a song, but to each their own.

It has come in handy a few times for some group songs I've been part of. If you only sing in one part of the song, you can just join that one certain segment without recording the whole song, especially if it's long. This is particularly handy for me as an Android user who hasn't had the rewind / forward implemented yet. It also prevents some oddities that can occur when folks "save early" and end up as either blank or frozen-image squares through the rest of the song.

It would be even more helpful if you could select and sing more than one "moment" at a time in case you sing in more than one spot, but as it stands you can only record one "moment" at a time. Not a deal-breaker, but a tiny bit inconvenient.

• like 1

TheMajesticM
On 3/26/2022 at 11:25 AM, realyquick said:

I have to agree. Maybe a user is at the job and may take a moment for a sing break. It is about the only logical reason I can think of for that feature… To me, why bother.  

TheMajesticM
On 3/28/2022 at 3:26 PM, duojet24 said:

If you only sing in one part of the song, you can just join that one certain segment without recording the whole song, especially if it's long.

I had not thought of using the moment feature for a solo piece in a group song. That’s pretty neat. It would be nice to insert it more than once if I understood you. 

duojet24
1 hour ago, TheMajesticM said:

I had not thought of using the moment feature for a solo piece in a group song. That’s pretty neat. It would be nice to insert it more than once if I understood you. 

Yes! So you can sing more than one "moment" in a group song. The only inconvenient part of it is that you can only sing one "moment" at a time. So, if there is more than one, you'll have to go into the first one, select the moment, set up, sing, review, save, then repeat that process for the next one. It would be great if you could start a recording, select more than one moment, and record them all at once. But if you sing that many times in one song, probably better to just do the whole song all the way through. 🤣

• haha 1

TheMajesticM
19 minutes ago, duojet24 said:

It would be great if you could start a recording, select more than one moment, and record them all at once.

Definitely more practical. I still learned something new about the feature. 

• like 1