A 'Just Opened' menu option when searching for invites. Anyone?

sdr

Smule gives two menu options when searching for invites for a song.Ā Most PopularĀ andĀ Closing Soon.Ā Both of these options are useless from the point of view of a person who wants to join an invite. The Most Popular invites will have too many joins already and it is highly unlikely that your join will be heard or appreciated. The Closing Soon option is also similarly handicapped. Your join will be at the end of the list and mostly missed by the opener. A better menu option would have been aĀ 'Just Opened'Ā option with invites listed in the latest first order. Selecting one invite from the top will let you join first or as early as possible. The opener is sure to notice your join that way. Anyone thinks in these lines?šŸ¤”šŸ˜

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• like 3

DuetWithAlli

It used to be that way, that you would see the invites in the order they were opened, with the newest at the top. But then they changed it to show the ā€œmost popularā€ invites instead. Iā€™m sure anyone who has read my posts here would guess ā€¦ I hate this! It results in hundreds of joins for the popular users, and no way for people to see and join my invites unless they go digging. One of the many reasons I donā€™t waste my time and money on vip anymore. Iā€™m on board with you, and of course I have presented this idea to Smule, but they donā€™t care.

• like 1

sdr
5 hours ago, DuetWithAlli said:

It results in hundreds of joins for the popular users, and no way for people to see and join my invites unless they go digging

Right.

Hence I don't use the Invites section in the search results. Instead select Recordings. Most Popular and Most Recent are two options there and I always select Most Recent. It shows the joins first and the invites after them. It mixes the joins and invites from all singers. But it is far better than the Most Popular option. Another advantage is that you get an idea about the number joins from there itself. So you can decide whether to join or not.

Ā 

• like 2

sdr
5 hours ago, DuetWithAlli said:

I donā€™t waste my time and money on vip anymore.

A sensible decision. Since the invites are always available for join now, there is no real advantage from a vip subscription.

The invite notifications are useful only when you have a few followers. Otherwise who has time to scroll through thousands of invites a day? People search for a song they want to join or go to their friends' profiles to see whether they have any invites open. A vip account is not needed for either of these. As for me, I rarely open the Invites notifications.

• like 2

DuetWithAlli

Thanks for the tip. I hadnā€™t thought of finding invites that way. I donā€™t often join random users now, only people Iā€™m already following. But that will come in handy when Iā€™m trying to find old invites I can sing solo. I usually just go down the list of ā€œhotā€ invites looking for ones that are ā€¦Ā not so hot heheĀ 

This is probably poor etiquette, but I used to switch accounts when I was overwhelmed by the number of invites I received, and unfollowed anyone who made too many invites. I donā€™t have that problem anymore. Sometimes I even make it through all the invites I have bookmarked.

• like 1

My2CentsWorth

Ā 

Ā 

On 3/27/2022 at 7:15 AM, DuetWithAlli said:

Ā One of the many reasons I donā€™t waste my time and money on vip anymore.

I was pleasantly surprised that they offered the equivalent of USD $2.94 for an annual VIP membership via website itself.Ā 

So I don't mind not singing as much nowadays.Ā 

Ā 

DuetWithAlli
3 hours ago, My2CentsWorth said:

Ā 

Ā 

I was pleasantly surprised that they offered the equivalent of USD $2.94 for an annual VIP membership via website itself.Ā 

So I don't mind not singing as much nowadays.Ā 

Ā 

For that price, I would subscribe again too.

• like 1

RockMeSlowly
On 3/25/2022 at 11:44 AM, sdr said:

Smule gives two menu options when searching for invites for a song.Ā Most PopularĀ andĀ Closing Soon.Ā Both of these options are useless from the point of view of a person who wants to join an invite. The Most Popular invites will have too many joins already and it is highly unlikely that your join will be heard or appreciated. The Closing Soon option is also similarly handicapped. Your join will be at the end of the list and mostly missed by the opener. A better menu option would have been aĀ 'Just Opened'Ā option with invites listed in the latest first order. Selecting one invite from the top will let you join first or as early as possible. The opener is sure to notice your join that way. Anyone thinks in these lines?šŸ¤”šŸ˜

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

What, you don't like joining the endless opens from users in Philippines call centers? šŸ˜‚

Really, the search has never made any sense in terms of finding good people to join.

Besides what you mentioned, I'd love filters for geography (even by country) and least popular so I can join something that's gotten overlooked.

• sad 1

Isa_Bella
58 minutes ago, RockMeSlowly said:

What, you don't like joining the endless opens from users in Philippines call centers? šŸ˜‚

Ā 

What do you mean?Ā  Correct me if I'm wrong.. I feel that there is a racism on your statement šŸ˜”.Ā  You have to rememberĀ  we are multicultural.. may it be in Smule or in Sing Salon..šŸ˜žšŸ˜žšŸ˜’

My2CentsWorth

Personally, I find songs by searching for a particular song, then I open and listen to the ocs. If I like what I hear, then I join that singer. Otherwise just scroll on and listen to another smuler.

This is just a karaoke app, supposedly for destressing , not distressing.Ā 

• like 1

Isa_Bella
2 hours ago, My2CentsWorth said:

Ā 

This is just a karaoke app, supposedly for destressing , not distressing.Ā 

I agree 101%... We spend time and effort not to mention the yearly subscription to destress afterĀ  days work.

sdr
9 hours ago, My2CentsWorth said:

I find songs by searching for a particular song, then I open and listen to the ocs.

Sometimes the top listed invite's singer would have stopped singing on smule. There won't be any one listening to your join. If that matters to you, select the Most Recent option and check the opener is still responding to joins. šŸ‘šŸ˜Ā Ā 

sdr
12 hours ago, RockMeSlowly said:

the search has never made any sense in terms of finding good people to join.

The smule search is just a pattern search logic to list Songs, Invites, Recordings, Singers and Groups. The results are in Most Popular order almost all the time.

One nice thing about it is that by entering your and another singer's name and searching will show you all the recordings you two collabed. šŸ‘šŸ˜

sdr
6 minutes ago, sdr said:

The smule search is just a pattern

One really needed improvement they should do is making it unnecessary to type in a singer's name when you are browsing that singer's profile. But smule doesn't even show a search option when you are in another profile!šŸ˜”

RockMeSlowly
On 3/31/2022 at 3:54 AM, sdr said:

The smule search is just a pattern search logic to list Songs, Invites, Recordings, Singers and Groups. The results are in Most Popular order almost all the time.

One nice thing about it is that by entering your and another singer's name and searching will show you all the recordings you two collabed. šŸ‘šŸ˜

The problem with the search logic is you can't filter the search in any other way.

If I want to (as a example) simply find singers who've opened songs by the Beatles with video, it's not possible. I have to look up individual songs, click join and then I get a list for that song.

It's weird.lol

RockMeSlowly
On 3/30/2022 at 4:32 PM, Isa_Bella said:

What do you mean?Ā  Correct me if I'm wrong.. I feel that there is a racism on your statement šŸ˜”.Ā  You have to rememberĀ  we are multicultural.. may it be in Smule or in Sing Salon..šŸ˜žšŸ˜žšŸ˜’

Not at all! I'm being very literal. I use Upwork for a lot of business and I know Smule has CS workers in certain places who are paid to make the app look full.Ā  I'm multicultural myself; my comment is absolutely not directed at any people. Just a style of account.

I mentioned the Philippines because it's literally where one of the CS banks are located. Mumbai is another spot. Starmaker does the same thing.

I want to sing with adults who really want to sing. That's all I ask.Ā  I know the app has to look full, but great singers are leaving because they open an OC and nobody sees it.Ā 

I work really hard on my OCs and I very rarely get found by anyone.

• like 1

Isa_Bella
2 minutes ago, RockMeSlowly said:

Not at all! I'm being very literal. I use Upwork for a lot of business and I know Smule has CS workers in certain places who are paid to make the app look full.Ā Ā 

Aww first time that I heard this... I am from the Philippines by birth but live in Australia for the last 30 years.. Ive known a lot of Filipino SmulersĀ  but they never mentioned this. but I dont think its possible... Yes theres a lot of CS workers in the Phils representing countries around the globe but not for singing... hahaahĀ  its weird to have a CS to sing for Smule šŸ˜œšŸ˜’

• thank you! 1

RockMeSlowly
2 hours ago, Isa_Bella said:

Aww first time that I heard this... I am from the Philippines by birth but live in Australia for the last 30 years.. Ive known a lot of Filipino SmulersĀ  but they never mentioned this. but I dont think its possible... Yes theres a lot of CS workers in the Phils representing countries around the globe but not for singing... hahaahĀ  its weird to have a CS to sing for Smule šŸ˜œšŸ˜’

haha It's weird, but when you think about it, it's necessary. I started out using Starmaker and literally the entire app is that. Someone has to sing to attract singers. šŸ¤”

One of my best friends is Filipino and there's a huge population in NYC (where I live). They're probably the nicest group of people I've ever met, tbh.

Isa_Bella
17 minutes ago, RockMeSlowly said:

haha It's weird, but when you think about it, it's necessary. I started out using Starmaker and literally the entire app is that. Someone has to sing to attract singers. šŸ¤”

Ā 

I also have an account in Starmaker but these 2 apps are totally different.. Starmaker use rooms and live performance to attract singers /joiners... correct me if I'm wrong "they can convert the Gifts they received into cash" .Ā  This apps is very expensiveĀ  AUS$59.00/3months...

• like 1