Why cant I find MOST songs I search for? And never find a song I upload???

BigEV

Hi,

I have only been on Smule as VIP for 3 months. I thought that the fact I could not find most songs I searched for, was because the didnt exist. However, not true at all. So WHY cant I find lets say "Someone you loved", even though i can see over a million other people could??? I can join them, but rarely given a song link I can sing myself or create a duet. I have also created and uploaded songs with all lyrics and timing. I CANT EVEN FIND THEM. But others are using them. Can somebody please help here?? Its not all searches either. I would say I find 2 out of 10 songs that I search for, and I know they all exist. I can also see other people have open recordings of them. Also, when you upload a song, how long should it take to use the recording, if I was able to actually see it.   THANK YOU VERY MUCH. ITS DRIVING ME INSANE 🙂

opentype

How exactly are you searching the songs? The search function on Smule is pretty robust. You can put in titles and user names and combinations of both. 

IMG_1804.jpg

1 hour ago, BigEV said:

Also, when you upload a song, how long should it take to use the recording, if I was able to actually see it.

It should be available instantly from your account. No need to use the search function. 

_RamKrish1012

In My Honest Opinion the Search Facility on Smule for Good decent Uploads has been "Compromised". Let me explain why. Google is a Search engine all of us use. Now there are experts who use all sorts of Technical Tricks to bring their Websites Right to the Top allowing more hits. The same is Happening with Smule Uploads for the same song. Uploaders use Captions that will bring their Upload Right to the Top even though it is of very poor quality with only about a few hundred his as compared to one with 2k or 3k hits that are lower down the order. The Problem is you click on one and all others on the list are lost and you have to start the search all over again to find a good Upload. Often changing spelling helps position an upload higher than the rest. Tell me I am Wrong

sdr
5 hours ago, BigEV said:

So WHY cant I find lets say "Someone you loved"

There are hundreds of songs in the search result. Try adding your username to the search to select only your songs. 

Try "bigev someone you loved" if bigev is your username. Good luck 😁

Isa_Bella
7 hours ago, BigEV said:

Hi,

I have also created and uploaded songs with all lyrics and timing. I CANT EVEN FIND THEM. But others are using them. Can somebody please help here?? Its not all searches either. I would say I find 2 out of 10 songs that I search for, and I know they all exist. I can also see other people have open recordings of them. Also, when you upload a song, how long should it take to use the recording, if I was able to actually see it.   THANK YOU VERY MUCH. ITS DRIVING ME INSANE 🙂

I am also an Uploader.. The main reason you cant find the song you uploaded when you search it  because SMULE changed the title of the song, instead of taking it down due to copyright infringement they changed the title and the name of the singer. One example below.. I uploaded the song "Yesterday Once More" by The Carpenters .. Smule changed it to "This Is The Way" theres no way that you can search the song "Yesterday Once More". The easy way to search your own uploads is to go to your wall under the "SONG" tab. 

IMG-5804.jpg

IMG-5803.jpg

_RamKrish1012
23 hours ago, Isa_Bella said:

I am also an Uploader.. The main reason you cant find the song you uploaded when you search it  because SMULE changed the title of the song, instead of taking it down due to copyright infringement they changed the title and the name of the singer. One example below.. I uploaded the song "Yesterday Once More" by The Carpenters .. Smule changed it to "This Is The Way" theres no way that you can search the song "Yesterday Once More". The easy way to search your own uploads is to go to your wall under the "SONG" tab. 

Thats Crazy Even you the Uploader may not Remember which song "This is the Way is"

• like 1
  • sad 1

sdr
23 hours ago, Isa_Bella said:

they changed the title and the name of the singer

But then how is that others find the song?👇

On 3/24/2022 at 9:27 AM, BigEV said:

I CANT EVEN FIND THEM. But others are using them.

I feel that songs uploaded more recently are at the bottom of the result. So a search including username should bring them to the top where one will be able to find it.🤔

Isa_Bella
8 minutes ago, sdr said:

But then how is that others find the song?👇

Members   used my  uploaded song "Yesterday Once More"  when still in Original title..see the history of recordings....once the title changed it stops no one dare to use the song titled "This is the Way" because they don't know this song title . see my screenshot below..All the recordings are on the original title..IMG-5807.thumb.jpg.ac2a825febd6a63152d12b6abd9a9249.jpg

• like 1

sdr
3 hours ago, Isa_Bella said:

Members   used my  uploaded song "Yesterday Once More"  when still in Original title

Maybe you have a point here. I am not familiar with the uploading process. Hence cannot comment more on it.

There are no responses from the original questioner. So quitting the discussion now😁😊

Isa_Bella
5 hours ago, sdr said:

Maybe you have a point here. I am not familiar with the uploading process. Hence cannot comment more on it.

There are no responses from the original questioner. So quitting the discussion now😁😊

Yes.. we are just trying to help to shade light the issues of our co members.. and the facts that i was sharing was based on my experienced with Smule.  😉😎

• like 1

• 2 weeks later...
ILANDOI

I’ve uploaded 300+ songs and tbh the search has always been broken. Like cmon you have to make sure your put the exact spelling and spaces and one wrong tap with one of your fingers you have to restart lol. And what’s with this new thing where they just throw your new uploads in random order on your own page? I have people that come to my page specifically to look at my most recent uploads and for some odd reason they implemented this random feature. Just doesn’t make sense at all. Like that’s the last thing they should’ve done. There’s no way they can even explain why they did this lol. Seems like these things would be very simple fixes especially compared to how much grief they cause 

• like 1

Isa_Bella
41 minutes ago, ILANDOI said:

I’ve uploaded 300+ songs and tbh the search has always been broken. Like cmon you have to make sure your put the exact spelling and spaces and one wrong tap with one of your fingers you have to restart lol. 

This will occur if:  1.  The uploader made the spelling mistake  2.  Smule changed the name of the title of the song  (as discussed on my previous comment above).

The best to search is to type the name of the song  and the full Smule name of the uploader..  example: I search for the Song "Lately" uploader was VSS_Zenon.... I will type  "Lately VSS_Zenon"  as shown screenshot below.

They can also search under your Smule Sing Name.. then under "SONG" hit the "See All" it will show all your uploads.. arranged  according to the most popular. hope this helps.. 

Isa_Bella
3 hours ago, ILANDOI said:

And what’s with this new thing where they just throw your new uploads in random order on your own page? I have people that come to my page specifically to look at my most recent uploads and for some odd reason they implemented this random feature. Just doesn’t make sense at all. Like that’s the last thing they should’ve done. There’s no way they can even explain why they did this lol. Seems like these things would be very simple fixes especially compared to how much grief they cause 

First time that I heard of the random order... I am also an Uploader and I uploaded 674 songs.. If  they wanted to search your newest uploads they can go to your page under the "SONG" tab, songs are arranged according to the NEWEST  as shown below.. 

IMG_5852.jpg

Isa_Bella
44 minutes ago, ILANDOI said:

You

44 minutes ago, ILANDOI said:

You must be on an older version cus mine looks like this now. image.thumb.png.688a3794ddaeebb1d6ba8a2611bdf54a.png

must be on an older version cus mine looks like this now. image.thumb.png.688a3794ddaeebb1d6ba8a2611bdf54a.png

I have 4 accounts in Smule and also upload songs, .. the one I showed you as example was my main account.. I also checked my other account and still the same, I updated one account to the new version.. it arranged according to the newest upload with the new version.. 

BigEV
On 3/23/2022 at 10:27 PM, opentype said:

How exactly are you searching the songs? The search function on Smule is pretty robust. You can put in titles and user names and combinations of both. 

IMG_1804.jpg

It should be available instantly from your account. No need to use the search function. 

Hey thanks. Took me a bit to find out how to reply to you, lol. My question was not formulated well. Let me try to do better. After I read what you said, I can indeed find the songs I uploaded. The problem is with finding songs still. The example I gave was a bad one. Its hard to get away from that one. Its finding older, perhaps lesser known songs. Here is  good example. The song Sweet Euphoria by Chris Cornell for example. I listened to what you said, and started to dig around. I noticed that if I search from the Activity Page, or the Feed page, I get different results I noticed. So I learned something. I thought that search button was universal. I still cant find most songs, but I can see that search is dependent on the page. I might see 10 other people that have sung the song and I can join them, but I cant see that I can open it. Meaning it is not in a list of versions at the top of the search results, like the ones I do find. WHY??? They obviously found it and sang it. If I search from Songbook, same results using the filters.  If I try all of the pages I am eventually starting to find what I am looking for/ Can you tell me why some places I search from will show other people having opened the Song, but I cannot? Its much better now though, so thank you very much! Yes I am VIP. I use SMULE on an Ipad, an Android phone. and a Galaxy android Tablet. All give similar results. I hope that explains it better. I have another general question. You seem to know everything! Is it possible to upload completed originals, to my profile? I know I can upload music only and lyrics. Then do the timing. But if I just wanted to keep all my stuff on there and share it with my friends. Can I upload completed originals there??? I really appreciate the help!  Thanks,  Ev