Rewind/ Fast Forward & Android

RockMeSlowly

Is there a special trick to getting the rewind and fast forward feature to work on Android? 

It seems like people are able to access it and I'm still trapped in single take hell.😂

• like 1

duojet24
3 hours ago, RockMeSlowly said:

It seems like people are able to access it and I'm still trapped in single take hell.😂

I know, right?! I've been looking forward to this since I've seen people saying they've had it. But, nothing for me as well. I feel it's the same with the old profile. Some people have it, some people don't. 

• like 1

realyquick

Sadly if you use Android, Smule is never guaranteed to work right immediately. It may take another release to get you to the old (nice) layout.

As far as the skipping back and forth while recording.. if you can't scroll the lyrics while you are recording, so you can go to wherever you want to start singing, then you probably have a phone that hasn't been tested by them. It's not going to work as well even if you have an Android phone that supports it, unless it's one of the newer Samsung or Pixel sets. This is something that just works better on iPhone.

My2CentsWorth
6 hours ago, RockMeSlowly said:

Is there a special trick to getting the rewind and fast forward feature to work on Android? 

The bright side of it is - you get to perfect a song (if you are not a subscruber of single takes)

• like 1

RockMeSlowly
4 hours ago, duojet24 said:

I know, right?! I've been looking forward to this since I've seen people saying they've had it. But, nothing for me as well. I feel it's the same with the old profile. Some people have it, some people don't. 

It's such a drag! I just can't leave mistakes in. 🤪

Edited by RockMeSlowly

RockMeSlowly
3 hours ago, realyquick said:

Sadly if you use Android, Smule is never guaranteed to work right immediately. It may take another release to get you to the old (nice) layout.

As far as the skipping back and forth while recording.. if you can't scroll the lyrics while you are recording, so you can go to wherever you want to start singing, then you probably have a phone that hasn't been tested by them. It's not going to work as well even if you have an Android phone that supports it, unless it's one of the newer Samsung or Pixel sets. This is something that just works better on iPhone.

My phone isn't that old and it's the most common Android version.  It's so bizzare that they'd release a feature that's not fully finished yet 

Isa_Bella
1 hour ago, My2CentsWorth said:

The bright side of it is - you get to perfect a song (if you are not a subscruber of single takes)

Yes, truest but its time consuming.. with IPHONE I only select my part to sing when I joined or do my OC ..saves me time..

• like 1

RockMeSlowly
1 hour ago, Isa_Bella said:

Yes, truest but its time consuming.. with IPHONE I only select my part to sing when I joined or do my OC ..saves me time..

Absolutely this! I'd join more songs if i could get through them faster. 

• like 1

Isa_Bella
3 hours ago, RockMeSlowly said:

Absolutely this! I'd join more songs if i could get through them faster. 

yes truest.. sometimes I collab/joined 20 songs in one go...most of the time I joined back to my joiners..so easy..  

• like 1

• 3 weeks later...
RockMeSlowly
On 3/19/2022 at 12:36 AM, Isa_Bella said:

yes truest.. sometimes I collab/joined 20 songs in one go...most of the time I joined back to my joiners..so easy..  

Wow, I'd LOVE to get through that many.  It's so frustrating because I'll get to the very end of a four minute song, do something stupid and have to start all over again. It keeps me from experimenting.🙄

duojet24
6 minutes ago, RockMeSlowly said:

It's so frustrating because I'll get to the very end of a four minute song, do something stupid and have to start all over again.

I totally hear you on this! Sometimes, I just apologize and leave it as is - usually if the person is a good friend / singing partner and doesn't mind my mistake! 😁

The only catch with the rewind / forward feature is that it has the potential to take even longer because you can only rewind / forward the audio portion of the song. And since I know you do videos, you'll have to then lip-synch the full song all the way through, and man - lip-synching well on Smule is a lot trickier than it should be!! 🤣

• haha 1

RockMeSlowly
2 hours ago, duojet24 said:

I totally hear you on this! Sometimes, I just apologize and leave it as is - usually if the person is a good friend / singing partner and doesn't mind my mistake! 😁

The only catch with the rewind / forward feature is that it has the potential to take even longer because you can only rewind / forward the audio portion of the song. And since I know you do videos, you'll have to then lip-synch the full song all the way through, and man - lip-synching well on Smule is a lot trickier than it should be!! 🤣

hahaha OMFG, the lip synch!  I do it sometimes when a song needs a lot of vocal blending and I don't want to keep shifting around in the video.

The WORST is when the audio is done and the song is long, you get through most of the video, but don't lock up an ad-lib and have to pretend sing all over again. 😂 

• haha 1