Can you Private a comment on the song..

Go to solution Solved by sdr,

Isa_Bella

Hi Guys.. Is it possible to private a comment on the song.. if yes please share on "How To".

Thanks so much.. 

• Solution
sdr
1 hour ago, Isa_Bella said:

Hi Guys.. Is it possible to private a comment on the song.. if yes please share on "How To".

Thanks so much.. 

You cannot. You might use the private messages for any personal conversations. But keep in mind that it is very limited in features and very uncomfortable for normal use as a chat app.

• love it! 1

Isa_Bella

thanks so much @opentype and @sdr for the quick response... my question is not actually for me.. One of my follower asked me that  she can see  12 comments on her friends song  but she can visibly see just 9 comments and wanted to know how that happened.  

music8
1 hour ago, Isa_Bella said:

thanks so much @opentype and @sdr for the quick response... my question is not actually for me.. One of my follower asked me that  she can see  12 comments on her friends song  but she can visibly see just 9 comments and wanted to know how that happened.  

This has happened to me before. I once made a typo in one my comments, so I deleted and entered a new comment. When I checked the collab afterwards, it said 2 comments though 1 was already deleted by me. Basically, Smule counts the deleted comments as well while displaying the count. 

• love it! 1

Isa_Bella
21 minutes ago, music8 said:

This has happened to me before. I once made a typo in one my comments, so I deleted and entered a new comment. When I checked the collab afterwards, it said 2 comments though 1 was already deleted by me. Basically, Smule counts the deleted comments as well while displaying the count. 

Aww.. that makes sense ... I will try myself.. thanks so much🙏

• like 1

sdr
4 hours ago, Isa_Bella said:

she can see  12 comments on her friends song  but she can visibly see just 9 comments

2 hours ago, music8 said:

Basically, Smule counts the deleted comments

That's it. Rather,  it's a bug in their programming where instead of counting them at the time of showing they keep the number of comments in a separate location and forget to decrease the count when deleted. It was the case with invites also but now they have fixed it. Naturally it makes us think that there are hidden comments! You cannot expect more from smule 😜

• haha 1

Isa_Bella
2 hours ago, sdr said:

That's it. Rather,  it's a bug in their programming where instead of counting them at the time of showing they keep the number of comments in a separate location and forget to decrease the count when deleted. It was the case with invites also but now they have fixed it. Naturally it makes us think that there are hidden comments! You cannot expect more from smule 😜

hahahah  truest...🤣🤣

• love it! 1

Kayjan
On 3/9/2022 at 8:08 AM, opentype said:

You can delete the comment and then talk to the person so they are not potentially upset. 

For iOS/iPhone, I am not able to delete a comment made on the SMULE App? I can, however, open the same comment on LINE APP and delete it from the song message section from there? 

Edited by Kayjan
  • like 1
  • haha 1

Isa_Bella
4 hours ago, Kayjan said:

For iOS/iPhone, I am not able to delete a comment made on the SMULE App? I can, however, open the same comment on LINE APP and delete it from the song message section from there? 

I am also using iOS/iPhone.. I can delete the comment on the song by sliding the comment you wanted to delete to the left.. 

• like 1