Re: OC's - showing up in followers feeds vs sending an "invite" also. Etiquette question.

Go to solution Solved by opentype,

jimventresco

I am fairly new here and just trying not to be a pest to people I have followed or follow me.  When I OC a song, is it preferred to NOT send an invite too?   Do the more regular (popular) members read their Feed to get OCs to join or do they get that more from the "invites"?   I used to invite all the followers, but now I just invite those that like the OC's artist or style I _know_ they like.  Thoughts?

sdr
40 minutes ago, jimventresco said:

When I OC a song, is it preferred to NOT send an invite too?

I think, yes. Sending invite is seen as an earnest request to join which might not be welcome unless the singer is closely acquainted with you in smule. They are getting invites in the Notifications anyway so there is no need for a direct request. On the other hand,  if you do a private invite sending the invite in a message is one of the ways to let others see it. 

• Solution
opentype

I certainly am fine with all people I am following using “invite all”. It’s up to me to decide who I am following, so I am in full control of who appears in my invite list. 

Invites as a message are a completely different story. Those invites create an additional message alert and I have to open each message to get rid of that alert. I don’t want to get a lot of those invites. If a close friend occasionally wants to invite me this way because they think I should really see this invite, then that’s fine.

jimventresco

Thanks opentype, that clears things up... I have been trying to stay away from messages, unless its part of a thank you for the gift message that turns into a mini-thread to get to know someone a little better.  I found the comments under a song are mainly for discussing  _that_ particular song only. I think.  

sdr
36 minutes ago, jimventresco said:

I have been trying to stay away from messages, unless its part of a thank you for the gift message that turns into a mini-thread to get to know someone a little better. 

Keep in mind that their messaging module is in jurassic ages! It doesn't have a delete option. You cannot even clear your own side of the conversation like we do in whatsapp. There is an option to delete which is misleading. The moment you type anything to that singer again,  all deleted messages reappear.

There is no timestamp on the other person's messages. 

So use it for the most basic conversation. 

jimventresco

thanks sdr. yeap it is a _mature_ app and while the archived history of performances is amazing, it has a learning curve to discover the dark corners (but that's what makes it fun.. a puzzle if you will) and tricks, which unfortunately are different on each platform, including the pc or web version which i also use and that is lacking even more.   8 - )

• like 1

_RamKrish1012
On 3/1/2022 at 1:19 AM, opentype said:

I certainly am fine with all people I am following using “invite all”. It’s up to me to decide who I am following, so I am in full control of who appears in my invite list. 

Invites as a message are a completely different story. Those invites create an additional message alert and I have to open each message to get rid of that alert. I don’t want to get a lot of those invites. If a close friend occasionally wants to invite me this way because they think I should really see this invite, then that’s fine.

I have asked Smule several times the Option of Inviting not All my followers but Followers I follow. They told me Great Idea but that was it