Issue with Irig pre using external mic with iPhone

ILANDOI

Ok so when it comes to connectivity and all of that Ik 100% fact it’s not user fault. I use the Irig pre hd with is connected to iPhone 12 Pro Max via usb to lightning cable. I’ve changed batteries multiple times so Ik that’s not the case. I use a condenser mic and phantom power is on. This issue also occurs with the regular Irig pre and a different mic. So Ik the Irigs and the mics are not faulty. I read in a past post about starting up in garage band or vocal live first then going to smule but I don’t think that will solve anything. I have looked this up online for awhile and Ik that apple had problems with the iPhone 12 Pro Max audio and lightning cable. When I’m singing my audio just randomly cuts off and my mic stops working. It won’t work for awhile and then randomly it will start working again. I don’t get it. Does anyone else have this problem or any solution to solve this. Idk if I should contact apple and tell them about the issue. I’ve also used different dongles with the irig like lightning to aux and lighting to aux with the lightning charging also. It doesn’t matter what I use the issue still happpens. I can still hear everything it just randomly cuts out my voice when I’m singing. I’ve also tried like 4 different xlr cables. So it’s not anything I’m doing wrong or the equipment I’m using. Any suggestions?

ILANDOI

My Bluetooth is also off and my settings are all how they are suppose to be.

opentype

Sorry, really hard to tell what is going on. First step should be to narrow down the cause in that chain of products. For example: Have you tried that same setup on a borrowed iPhone for example, that is not an 12 Pro Max?

ILANDOI

No that is my next step. I’m also going to try a different app also. I believe it is the phone. Hey do you know if I start a thing in GarageBand or vocal live or something and put effects it won’t transfer to smule once the recording is done correct? I’ll only hear it while I’m singing? Also is it the same for live jams? The effect won’t carry into a live jam correct? So basically doesn’t affect how you sound on smule except what you hear of yourself right? I believe I’m understanding this correctly lol

_RamKrish1012

May be take your iPhone to the Apple store and if it is faulty they might give you a new replacement. If you know some one else who has an iPhone 12 give it a test run to compare too. Just thinking aloud for you Sir.

opentype
10 hours ago, ILANDOI said:

do you know if I start a thing in GarageBand or vocal live or something and put effects it won’t transfer to smule once the recording is done correct?

I wouldn’t use this process. Some people used it years ago when Smule didn’t support external microphones and adapters connected through the lighting port. It was the only way to get these devices to work. But it is a messy process introducing new potential points of failure. 

• like 1

_RamKrish1012
1 hour ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

May be take your iPhone to the Apple store and if it is faulty they might give you a new replacement. If you know some one else who has an iPhone 12 give it a test run to compare too. Just thinking aloud for you Sir.

Another option would be to buy an out dated 6th Gen 2018 Model iPad which is cheap as chips now and definitely works, with my iRig Pro I/O Plus Yamaha Mixer. Just a suggestion for consideration

ILANDOI

That is a good idea. It seems it doesn’t matter how old your iPhone or iPad is when it comes to quality of your vocals either so I might do that. Just dedicated solely to smule. Then I wouldn’t have to be always resetting and messing with my iPhone either.

_RamKrish1012
16 hours ago, ILANDOI said:

That is a good idea. It seems it doesn’t matter how old your iPhone or iPad is when it comes to quality of your vocals either so I might do that. Just dedicated solely to smule. Then I wouldn’t have to be always resetting and messing with my iPhone either.

Absolutely. My iPad and iRig Pro are permanently on a stand in my Study and connected to the Yamaha mixer too and iPad is 100% charged 24/7. Just for Smule.  I use my Samsung for everything else even book marking Smule invites and looking at and responding to Smule Notifications and Messages and whasApp etc etc

_RamKrish1012
1 minute ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

Absolutely. My iPad and iRig Pro are permanently on a stand in my Study and connected to the Yamaha mixer too and iPad is 100% charged 24/7. Just for Smule.  I use my Samsung for everything else even book marking Smule invites and looking at and responding to Smule Notifications and Messages and whasApp etc etc

If you are Lucky you might even find on E Bay a second hand iPad and a second hand iRig Pro I/O with its own Power supply so you wont have to waste money on batteries or have to recharge if they are the rechargeable type

ILANDOI

Btw it’s a myth when people say it’s bad for the battery when you keep it on the charger after 100% it’s completely safe and once it reaches 100% it continues just using the battery so leaving it charged 24 7 is completely safe which I’m sure you know just throwing that out there. 

_RamKrish1012
11 hours ago, ILANDOI said:

What iPad you got?

iPad 6th Generation 2018 Model Model Number MRM02X/A - just 32 GB memory with Lightning Port. Only application running is Smule

ILANDOI

Thanks for the help gentlemen I believe it is my lightning port. It has to be. 

• 1 year later...
Shri

Hello

Please can someone help me, I am using iRig pre, Iphone 12 and Sm58 microphone on smule, I never had any problem but yesterday . Irig pre show light one but can not hear my self on headphone, I have tried volume button on each device . changed batteries. but luck. Any suggestion please