Having trouble recording with Smule

Rechigo

For the past month i've noticing my voice randomly cuts off and my long notes get cuts off during my recording
when I was using screen recording during my session I sound so much better during it
any idea why and I can fix?

Thanks

Edited by Rechigo

RockMeSlowly
On 1/24/2022 at 2:48 PM, Rechigo said:

For the past month i've noticing my voice randomly cuts off and my long notes get cuts off during my recording
when I was using screen recording during my session I sound so much better during it
any idea why and I can fix?

Thanks

Perhaps the screen recorder activates a different microphone? What's your setup like?

Rechigo
2 hours ago, RockMeSlowly said:

Perhaps the screen recorder activates a different microphone? What's your setup like?

Nope, I've used the playback from smule and recorded with it and I sound so much better after when I try to publish I sound different, I'm using a xiaomi MI10T Plus phone with a HyperX Cloud 2 Headphones and using the microphone from the phone, I've tried with my Headset mic before it doesn't work well.

RockMeSlowly
8 hours ago, Rechigo said:

Nope, I've used the playback from smule and recorded with it and I sound so much better after when I try to publish I sound different, I'm using a xiaomi MI10T Plus phone with a HyperX Cloud 2 Headphones and using the microphone from the phone, I've tried with my Headset mic before it doesn't work well.

I'm still a bit confused about the setup, but I'm pretty sure I know why it's happening. It's possible you have multiple sources of audio being recorded without realizing it.

Between Smule's playback, the mic still on your headset and the mic on your phone, there's likely more than one signal going back to Smule and the sound is phasing during processing.

It could be any or all of the above. I would experiment if I were you. Try a join with no Smule playback, but everything else the same.  Then try playback, but no phone mic. Etc.  See what combination makes the signal drop go away.  Then you can focus on improving the sound.

Another possibility is that you have a noise cancellation filter turned on in your phone's mic settings and it's cutting off your notes once they drop in volume.

Edited by RockMeSlowly