Deleting an Old Unjoined Song

A-Muse Me

Hello everyone!

I am new here and newish on Smule.  There used to be away to delete old songs that nobody joined, but for some reason, it won't work on my computer.  On the phone, they never appear, but at least on the computer I was able to remove them before as the three dots appeared.  This is no longer the case.  Does anyone know if this is still possible.

Thank you, and sing on!

sdr
9 hours ago, A-Muse Me said:

Hello everyone!

I am new here and newish on Smule.  There used to be away to delete old songs that nobody joined, but for some reason, it won't work on my computer.  On the phone, they never appear, but at least on the computer I was able to remove them before as the three dots appeared.  This is no longer the case.  Does anyone know if this is still possible.

Thank you, and sing on!

In smule go to search and type in your profile name. Select Recordings from the result and look for the invite there. If you find it,  you should be able to delete it. Hope this works.

• like 1

My2CentsWorth
9 hours ago, A-Muse Me said:

There used to be away to delete old songs that nobody joined, but for some reason, it won't work on my computer.  

I thought unjoined songs automatically are discarded,no? I don't see my unjoined songs on the app not the computer.....

sdr
16 minutes ago, My2CentsWorth said:

I thought unjoined songs automatically are discarded,no? I don't see my unjoined songs on the app not the computer.....

They appear in searches. 

opentype

You can still delete them on the website*. But you need to open the player page with the OC first, not just the page showing the collaboration list. To do that, you need to click on the main title on the collaboration list. It’s not intuitive, but it works. 

*) Now that Smule allows joins even after 7 days, I would usually just keep the OCs, even if there were no joins within the 7 days. 

• like 1

cl00bie
8 hours ago, My2CentsWorth said:

I don't believe so.  They may be difficult to join after 7 (or 14) days, but they're still there.  I don't delete them, partially because I am getting joins from older songs that appear in older collabs.  Smule is allowing joins on older songs (which I like). 

• like 1

A-Muse Me

Ah, thank you all very much!  Opentype, you are correct, it was a closed item and I was able to delete it the roundabout way you suggested.  The only reason I deleted a few was because I redid a few of my recordings, because the old ones were not great.  I was new and didn't understand the set-up--still don't at times. Haha!

It's a work in progress, but I'm having a lot of fun, so that's all that counts.   

Thank you again everyone for your help!