SMULE as a Karaoke speaker

sunitha

hi, I have a vocopro karaoke machine and I use my iphone to play simple mp3 songs and I can do karaoke parties. Has anyone used smule on Iphone to connect to the speaker, for a live performance rather than recording? IF so can you pls share your set up?

when smule is running with a song, and i try to connect to speakers, the output quality is very bad. Dont know what I m missing.

sunitha

the normal way I connect is using the input to my phone. However when I open and connect using smule app, the output is extremely less. It somehow identifies it as a phone clal speaker, not the one that comes for media, so the output is very very less. I use Iphone 7plus

opentype

Essentially, you want to use a regular 3-pin audio cable to output your iPhone signal (but kill the microphone). 

You just need an amp that has a so-called “line input” for this socket type. 

510VTBN2AhL._SL1303_.jpg

sunitha

if I connect and open a simple MP3 song, it plays very nicely, with good loudness. when smule is running, and when I connect, the music that comes is extremely low. and the quality is also bad.

sunitha

this is how the set up is for all other MP3 music that plays from the phone, and it works the same as you said. However, the music that comes out from smule in this set up through the same set up is vry ba, very low music,.

opentype

If its working over the analog audio output, it really shouldn’t make any difference what app the sound is coming from. So something must be wrong with the way you connect it. 

What kind of adapter/splitter do you use? The iPhone 7 has no headphone jack, so you must have something on the lightning port. 

sunitha

>>What kind of adapter/splitter do you use? The iPhone 7 has no headphone jack, so you must have something on the lightning port. 

Apple gives a pin convertor. Once I connect, i get the headphone jack, and that is where I plug in the audio cable (the on that would go into traditional headphone jack). 

As I said this set up works nice for any music played except by smule. If the music is coming from smule app, the voice is distorted. I dont gt the full sound, even after increasing the volume.

opentype

Okay, we are narrowing it down …
Is your headphone cable and the cable to the amp identical? How many rings do they have? If they are different, that would explain the results. 

jackcomparison.jpg 

Also, your email keeps failing and I get lots of errors. Please use a correct one here: http://sing.salon/settings/email/

sunitha

the one I got for Iphone 7 plus is a different type of cable, lightning connector without the 3.5mm connector. the smule app requires that the mic also be turned on. The cable to amp contains only 2 rings, not 3. and since Smule wants the Mic also enabled, the signals are not going properly/distored? May be I get a 3ring connector and connect that to amp? I have Mic connected to the vocopro unit for singing.

sunitha

I tried disabling Mic for smule app, but smule does not work/play just music  with disabled micn optoin

kennzamit

I use IRIG PRE and amp + speaker to the output of IRIG PRE, it works great for smule. i have not used it for big parties though i use it at home with some friends. i also own iphone 7+ and i connect IRIG PRE using 3.5 jack adapter provided by apple.

i hope you may give it a try.

Edited by kennzamit

• 1 year later...
_RamKrish1012

Hi Sunitha,

Life was not meant to be easy. I wasted 15 months trying to get Smule to work on my Samsung 7. There was this huge lag and I kept changing the lag timefor each recording until it finally clicked one day that the lag time is a hardware issue with Samsung phones and had to be a constant. Finally I set the lag time at -275Mseconds for all recordings. That done I wanted to use head phones and a condenser microphone. Just could not get it to work and Smule said they do not support external microphones. Period. In the end I bit the bullet and took advice from friends in this very forum and bought myself a New iPad..

I am sure you will figure out how to se Smule recordings for Kareoke Parties.

Let us all know when you find out

Cheers

Ram