Can I share smule songs on a YouTube channel ?

Isa_Bella
2 minutes ago, Naresh_Kumar said:

Thanks for your advise , but who is posting the collabs without the singer consent ? :)

That was your topic right??  You said " It's ok  if the songs cannot be monetised. The whole purpose is to expose the singers to the general public."

Naresh_Kumar
1 minute ago, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

That was your topic right??  You said " It's ok  if the songs cannot be monetised. The whole purpose is to expose the singers to the general public."

Yes my dear. What I exactly mean is that I should be able to share any song but definitely with consent of the singer. Due to copywrite strike by YouTube I will not be able to monetise , but its ok.

Naresh_Kumar
On 12/31/2021 at 3:14 PM, sdr said:

No need to download. Share directly from the song page to your youtube account.

Could you explain how exactly I can upload a smule song on YouTube without a download ?

sdr
2 hours ago, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

It is very unethical to post the collaboration outside Smule, for courtesy you need the permission of the singer.. It was recorded for public (only in Smule)  but that doesn't mean you post it everywhere in the social media.. 

Where in your book of ethics is it written that it is unethical to post outside smule? 

Then why does smule give the option of sharing the recording where most social media  apps show up? It is in their control whether the recording is to be downloaded or shared. They could have disallowed it if they do not want to share recordings.

Edited by sdr

sdr
3 minutes ago, Naresh_Kumar said:

Could you explain how exactly I can upload a smule song on YouTube without a download ?

Login to your  youtube account.

Back in smule, go to recording page,  press the share button and a dozen of  apps comes up ready to accept. Youtube, facebook, instagram, twitter,...whatever you want. Select youtube and proceed.

Naresh_Kumar
3 minutes ago, sdr said:

Login to your  youtube account.

Back in smule, go to recording page,  press the share button and a dozen of  apps comes up ready to accept. Youtube, facebook, instagram, twitter,...whatever you want. Select youtube and proceed.

Hmm some issue on my side. When I click on share link , it does not show YouTube ? It I showing following links only ( as in the enclosed image ).

Screenshot 2022-01-02 at 12.52.39 PM.png

sdr
11 minutes ago, Naresh_Kumar said:

Hmm some issue on my side. When I click on share link , it does not show YouTube ? It I showing following links only ( as in the enclosed image ).

Screenshot 2022-01-02 at 12.52.39 PM.png

Have you created a youtube account and logged in? 

Naresh_Kumar
2 minutes ago, sdr said:

Have you created a youtube account and logged in? 

Yes I am logged in my YouTube channel on a different tab. I am on a Mac and using safari. May be some issue of the browser.

Naresh_Kumar
2 minutes ago, sdr said:

Only videos can be shared to youtube. Make sure you selected a video recording. 

Yes bro. I am trying to share video only. Very funny ? :)

Naresh_Kumar

Actually I am working on desktop. The smule mobile app seems to have more options for sharing , including on Instagram :)

sdr
1 minute ago, Naresh_Kumar said:

Actually I am working on desktop. The smule mobile app seems to have more options for sharing , including on Instagram :)

Just yesterday,  I  shared a video from my android to youtube. 

Try from your phone. 👍

• like 1

RockMeSlowly
On 12/31/2021 at 9:01 PM, sdr said:

Assuming that 99.5% tracks on smule are illegal, any duet made with them are equally illegal. How much more illegal is taking one such duet and posting it elsewhere? For smule or other singer to object the duet should be recorded on a legal track. That is near impossible with current situation in smule.

It not about it being legal or not. It's just artistic courtesy. I've never had anyone say no, besides one person who didn't respond. 

Isa_Bella
On 1/2/2022 at 6:11 PM, sdr said:

Where in your book of ethics is it written that it is unethical to post outside smule? 

Then why does smule give the option of sharing the recording where most social media  apps show up? It is in their control whether the recording is to be downloaded or shared. They could have disallowed it if they do not want to share recordings.

Well that's my views and its different to yours.. full stop.. for me just for courtesy to the person you collab with.. but if you don't have the courtesy to ask permission to post in other social media platform that's your problem..