Fake/copied comments ?

Naresh_Kumar

I join lot of duets. But I noticed that most of the singers not even listen the joins. They simply cut and paste a comment :)

Because when I cross checked , similar comment were posted on other joiners also :)

Then what is the benefit of joining somebody's duet ? Or shall we be happy of joined a famous singer ?

opentype
5 hours ago, Naresh_Kumar said:

Or shall we be happy of joined a famous singer ?

Pretty much. You should join because you like to join, not to receive a unique acknowledgement. 

Also, while I am not a huge fan of generic thank you messages, I can certainly understand them. Many Smule users have thousands of duets. Crafting a unique thank you message thousands of times is a lot to ask. 

• like 1

Naresh_Kumar

Totally agree. But what I want is a genuine feedback. Or is it not a norm ? May be people get offended if they get a negative review :)  . But that is the only way to improve your singing. Isn't it ? Anyway thanks for your sincere reply.

opentype

You can look out for Smule singing competitions with judges, who give feedback. 

Regular collabs on Smule aren’t really about giving feedback to improve singing. 

• like 2

Naresh_Kumar

Tell me one thing. How a song gets popular or trending ? Since a song cannot be shared in smule, how a song becomes popular ?

• like 1

_RamKrish1012
3 hours ago, Naresh_Kumar said:

Totally agree. But what I want is a genuine feedback. Or is it not a norm ? May be people get offended if they get a negative review :)  . But that is the only way to improve your singing. Isn't it ? Anyway thanks for your sincere reply.

Naresh tell me something. In life we are lucky to have five real good friends and what they say is what matters as they are your real friends. For example say in Face Book you have 2000 Friends . Are they all really your friends or acquaintances or mathlabi good time friends.

In Smule I choose whom I Follow and whose Invites I join because they sing well and I enjoy singing with them. Many of my Smule Partners are Professional Surgeons Physicians and Health care workers and singing for them is a form of stress release especially during this pandemic. I ask ladies who get 100 to 200 joins for every invite of theirs, Not to bother listening and commenting on my Joins as they have time restraints and also ask them not to send generic responses to me as that adds insult to injury.

Initially I was new to Smule and so many good people gave me a hand with tips and technical advice ( especially Open Type who is Sing Salon Moderator). Today I help new comers who are having issues with sound and timing and reverb time etc and encourage the not so talented singers and the shy singers to continue singing

Basically I believe we are all merely Bathroom singers ( My Opinion You don't have to agree) to be singing Karaoke on Smule so what is the Big deal

Just like you'd choose your friends in real life,  choose your Smule singing partners carefully so you both enjoy the journey

• love it! 1

Naresh_Kumar

wow. That was an epic :). I really appreciate your humour :). 

47 minutes ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

Basically I believe we are all merely Bathroom singers ( My Opinion You don't have to agree) to be singing Karaoke on Smule so what is the Big deal

I think this summarises everything :)

This is my smule  link

https://www.smule.com/__Kumar_Naresh

Let me know your sincere ( and humorous feedback on my singing )....

Thanks for your time :)

Rogerlococo2020

do not expect the person you've joined who will hit love or comment for you. you join anybody for your own happiness. like me I never hit like or comment for my joiners either🤣 but I always have over hundred of joiners in each of my recordings

• like 4

_RamKrish1012
11 hours ago, Naresh_Kumar said:

This is my smule  link https://www.smule.com/__Kumar_Naresh Let me know your sincere ( and humorous feedback on my singing ).... Thanks for your time :)

I listened to "Awaz deke humein tum  bulao". You sound great but no different to a million other Indians singing every night. You can connect with me if you wish on Smule  @_RamKrish1012 

Enjoy singing without stressing out.

Cheers

• like 1

_RamKrish1012
10 hours ago, Rogerlococo2020 said:

do not expect the person you've joined who will hit love or comment for you. you join anybody for your own happiness. like me I never hit like or comment for my joiners either🤣 but I always have over hundred of joiners in each of my recordings

Absolutely True. No one wants us to sing or join. We do because we want to . I am aware of So many members who went hammer and tongs chasing numbers and one fine day snapped and stopped singing all together. We have to do everything in life in moderation. Cheers Roger

• like 2

Naresh_Kumar
56 minutes ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

Absolutely True. No one wants us to sing or join. We do because we want to . I am aware of So many members who went hammer and tongs chasing numbers and one fine day snapped and stopped singing all together. We have to do everything in life in moderation. Cheers Roger

Already followed you 👍

sdr
On 12/21/2021 at 6:46 AM, Naresh_Kumar said:

I join lot of duets. But I noticed that most of the singers not even listen the joins. They simply cut and paste a comment :)

Because when I cross checked , similar comment were posted on other joiners also :)

Then what is the benefit of joining somebody's duet ? Or shall we be happy of joined a famous singer ?

Dear Naresh, you asked one question which keeps appearing here. I follow a criterias of my own when joining invites.

First of all, I think that Smule works on a model of 'I invite, you listen; you join, I listen.' The people who do not respect this model are not to be allowed in smule. They should be blocked if you come across them.

That might sound harsh but I will suggest variations of what you can do.

We are in smule to sing together. Otherwise there are any number of free karaoke apps out their which they can use for solos. If they want smule's quality they opt for solos inside smule also. There are many singers who sing solos and send them through personal messages to their followers in smule. That is a straightforward method but since not many people listen such recordings sent through pm. Then comes a level of crookedness in the process. People sing the whole song singing the joiners part also. Send it sometimes with a NOT AN INVITE in description. The idea again is to make listen.

Then come the worst of the lot. The kind you suggested. They send out invites one by one without caring to look at even the pictures of people who joined them. They scroll down through their own profile to see just number of people joined. If there are a 100 or more joins, they will again open the song singing sometimes even worse than the previous one.

Now let's see what we can do to avoid being a victim of these exhibitionistic egomaniacs. First of of don't immediately join if you know a song. Check the inviter's profile to see they are responding to joiners genuinely. Bookmark the invite and check back their responses joiners again. If they are starting to respond from the first join, then join.

If an invite is already joined about 25 times, do not again burden that person with yet one more join.

If you find an invite in your inbox, search for that song to see who else has sung it. There you will see a better appreciating person.

Avoid people with 1000s of followers. They are all hanging down their for the number game.

If finally decide to join, join earlier as possible. There is high chance the inviter listens to the earlier joins than the later ones.

Once you joined, if there is no response from the inviter's for 10 days, delete your join without blinking an eye. It's a stain on your profile. Erase it and move on with others.

Smule is for friends who chat about each other's singing and interact probably even building a great circle of people who share such divine gift of singing and sharing them with love. Let the number gamers and egomaniacs perish in their pits.

Naresh_Kumar

WOW .....  hard hitting and real ........

Thanks for your feedback. It depends on person to person ... but the kind of person I am .... If I join a song then I am definately looking for a word of appreciation. Thought I am not a professional singer but then that is what smule is for ... right ? I stopped following few singers ...  as you rightly called them ...  exhibitionistic egomaniacs :)

• love it! 1

Isa_Bella
On 12/22/2021 at 11:05 AM, _RamKrish1012 said:

I listened to "Awaz deke humein tum  bulao". You sound great but no different to a million other Indians singing every night. You can connect with me if you wish on Smule  @_RamKrish1012 

Enjoy singing without stressing out.

Cheers

Ram count me in as one of the bathroom singers hahahaha... you know it coz  you joined me a couple of times... hahaha

_RamKrish1012
22 hours ago, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

Ram count me in as one of the bathroom singers hahahaha... you know it coz  you joined me a couple of times... hahaha

In fact my study and studio is smaller than my bathroom. So you are a better singer compared to me. 🙂

• haha 1

cl00bie
On 12/21/2021 at 2:28 AM, opentype said:

You can look out for Smule singing competitions with judges, who give feedback. 

Regular collabs on Smule aren’t really about giving feedback to improve singing. 

Where do you find singing competitions?

cl00bie
On 12/30/2021 at 6:01 AM, _RamKrish1012 said:

In fact my study and studio is smaller than my bathroom. So you are a better singer compared to me. 🙂

I find I sound better in the shower.  Maybe I should move my studio into my bathtub! 😄

_RamKrish1012
7 hours ago, cl00bie said:

I find I sound better in the shower.  Maybe I should move my studio into my bathtub! 😄

Let us know when you shift and let us hear the outcome too

• haha 1

Isa_Bella
8 hours ago, cl00bie said:

Where do you find singing competitions?

You join a Group...One I know who always have a singing contest is AB Group (Angels Beat)  they also have  big prizes give aways.. They have a couple of Divisions like Japan, India, all countries..

• like 2

_RamKrish1012
1 hour ago, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

You join a Group...One I know who always have a singing contest is AB Group (Angels Beat)  they also have  big prizes give aways.. They have a couple of Divisions like Japan, India, all countries..

Id be Very suspicious of such groups as they could be data mining entities who will sell the entire database to the underworld for big bucks

Isa_Bella
4 hours ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

Id be Very suspicious of such groups as they could be data mining entities who will sell the entire database to the underworld for big bucks

Nope... I know the creators of this group.. they are all educated.. I once with this group for 2 years  but I was busy with my work that's why i left but from time to time I do the sponsorship for there singing contest like Anniversaries, Xmas, etc.. AB Group is the most prestigious singing group in Smule... you can search..  

_RamKrish1012
3 hours ago, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

Nope... I know the creators of this group.. they are all educated.. I once with this group for 2 years  but I was busy with my work that's why i left but from time to time I do the sponsorship for there singing contest like Anniversaries, Xmas, etc.. AB Group is the most prestigious singing group in Smule... you can search..  

Thats Good to know.

• like 1