Does groups/rooms serve any purpose ?

Naresh_Kumar

I recently joined a room where I have to support ( like/comment ) all the posted songs and then post a song. My song is subsequently liked by all the members. It seems there are so many such rooms on smule.

Is there any real benefit of such rooms ? or so called support rooms ? 

opentype

No, there is no benefit. It’s an attempt to scam the system by making the collabs appear popular, when they are really not. 

We, the people outside of such groups, actively try to stay away from people in such groups, because the group activity will flood our notification list with fake activity and waste our time and attention. And because of that, we might block you or even delete those joins altogether. I will certainly never follow anyone in such a group. So, in the end, there is more harm than good. 

TheMajesticM
8 hours ago, Naresh_Kumar said:

I recently joined a room where I have to support ( like/comment ) all the posted songs and then post a song. My song is subsequently liked by all the members. It seems there are so many such rooms on smule.

Is there any real benefit of such rooms ? or so called support rooms ? 

No, and groups are also used for gossip. Not all but so many groups of mean users use their gatherings to talk about other users. Same as in Live Jams. They also carry their conversations to other social media outlets such as Line, WhatsUp, etc. if someone gets envious watch out. I steer clear from them.

Edited by TheMajesticM
  • haha 1

_RamKrish1012

I was asked by an uploader of Hindi songs to Join his Group and I obliged and was told the House rules were if any member of the group sang a solo or a duet every member had to compulsorily hit the Like Button. Only then did I realise that one of the ladies was a member of the group an d every time I joined her Id wake up next morning to find 50 to hundred likes from total strangers. That was it. I zapped all Groups including the ones I set up for family as yes there were controversies and arguments about who sang better etc. Childish but most people never grow up. No More Groups for me

Having said that I use "Smule Groups for a Different Purpose". Say I like a Particular Singer, I create a Private Group for me and the singer and we post our recordings to the private group so we can listen any time to all of the recordings one after one.  I did this because Smule Favourites besides getting full, I still have to search through 500 saved recordings to find what I am looking for and who has the time ?

• like 3

GEWOK

For that use I find much simpler to just use a tag.  You need to agree with your partner on a tag then simply edit the comment after a join to add in.  Then just put that tag in your profile to click on - or somewhere convenient if you don't want to advertise.   Much easier than search for a group, then go scan through long list of your songs ..

I find most groups abandoned after a while bc it's such a pain to add songs to group.

• like 1

_RamKrish1012

My Groups are totally private and with only one member of my choice. I know every one uses # tags but you can end u with endless number of hash tags that can become overwhelming too. I may be wrong as I have never used # tags

Edited by _RamKrish1012