My Latest Interaction with Smule Zen Desk

_RamKrish1012

Ramrajah1012

Dec 2, 2021, 16:53 GMT+2

On my iPad my Book marked songs shows name of song, number of Plays and Number of Joins. If it is a VOC I know whose invite it is but if it is audio Only I have no clue and I have to look at my Android Samsung 7 phone to figure out whose invite it is as the name is still displayed..Everyone I know through Smule is complaining about all these meaningless changes on Smule Profile Page making life for members difficult. Please add name of singer whose invite it is on IOS too as it is in Androids

SMULE RESPONSE:

Smule Support Team (Smule)

Dec 4, 2021, 13:03 GMT+2

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out!

I understand that the recent changes are not to your liking. While I can't go into too much detail about this, I can assure you that our updates are rigorously tested and their impact is to a great extent determined, before being pushed out. Our platform is home to millions of users worldwide and we are bound to cause disappointment to some of our communities, irrespective of the nature of the update itself. We can appreciate that and this is precisely the reason we want to make sure the concerns of those communities are addressed, which is why we really value your  feedback, as it does help us prioritize what we should be focusing on next.

This said the new profile page is here to stay. We're looking into ways to have it display information such as Play count, number of Loves, and comments for each recording. I can't confirm a timeframe of when this will be rolled out but stay tuned for updates. Also, each of your collabs will have a small clickable icon in their lower right-hand corner that displays how many people have joined it and when clicked on, will show the usernames of those who have joined. This is how you can differentiate between solos and collabs too.

All in all, thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. If anything else comes to mind, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Regards,

Smule Support Team

To send another message to our support team, simply respond to this email.

(Not sure this is an automated Response)

sdr
2 hours ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

This said the new profile page is here to stay. We're looking into ways to have it display information such as Play count, number of Loves, and comments for each recording

So what you have now is a half-baked product. 

😂

_RamKrish1012
13 hours ago, sdr said:

So what you have now is a half-baked product. 

😂

Smule Bakery takes for ever and often distribute half baked products as they don't care what customers eat is baked or unbaked as long as they get the membership fee annually, which is non refundable even if you want to quit

_RamKrish1012

My further Response  to Smule on this Topic

"Why fix it if it ain't Broke  is the question for Smule ??"

Glad you understand your Platform is home to Million of Users, so should you not logically reason out the need for change.

Latest head ache. Every time I want to join and invite, I see a page with full lyrics and I have to hit the cancel button to get on with joining and singing. Who does this benefit ?

It appears Smule is Pandering to members who are obsessed with NUMBERS of Followers, Numbers of Joins. At the end of the day all this is nothing but an EGO trip. Who cares ?

opentype

Arguing with Smule support is futile. It’s not like the people among the support staff are the ones making the decisions about features. 

• like 2

TheMajesticM
On 12/6/2021 at 4:11 AM, _RamKrish1012 said:

Our platform is home to millions of users worldwide

@_Ram Krish 1012 That comment from Smule Support is pure BS, pardon my wording. If they have a million *active* users on the app then I’m Celine Dion. Some of the crap we users have to endure to sing on this app is exhausting 🙄

_RamKrish1012
15 hours ago, opentype said:

Arguing with Smule support is futile. It’s not like the people among the support staff are the ones making the decisions about features. 

I understand what you are saying, but then if all of us keep arguing with Zendesk relaying our frustrations, surely out of sheer frustrations some of our comments may get escalated by Customer Support staff  to top honchos at Smule making these  decisions, Not that it means much but at least members can have the satisfaction that we relayed our disapproval in the strongest terms

_RamKrish1012
2 hours ago, TheMajesticM said:

@_Ram Krish 1012 That comment from Smule Support is pure BS, pardon my wording. If they have a million *active* users on the app then I’m Celine Dion. Some of the crap we users have to endure to sing on this app is exhausting 🙄

It is a Pity that at this point of time there is no better alternative to Smule and that is what determines how Smule Bosses think

TheMajesticM

There is an alternative to Smule and several users of Smule use other platforms. I have and do and the big difference between the other karaoke app I use and Smule are the song uploads, which brings me to another subject. Smule should really appreciate the users who contribute their time and effort to the task, a task the companies should be wholly responsible for in my opinion. I enjoy uploading but it takes away from sing time. I get why users do it. There are times users may want or need a song with a specific structure for group songs or even duets. Smule is fortunate to have some very good volunteers. 

Smule bosses? I would love to know their identity and I fully understand why they stay in hiding. 😂 I read another blog and the complaints were numerous. I just keep in mind it’s an app and if it’s gone tomorrow I’ll survive and so will everyone else. 

Edited by TheMajesticM

_RamKrish1012

Smule

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Key people

Jeff Smith (CEO and co-founder)

Ge Wang (co-founder, past CTO and Chief Creative Officer)

Products"Sm.ule" app, "AutoRap", "Guitar!", "Ocarina 2, "Glee Karaoke", I Am T-Pain, "Ocarina", "Magic Piano", "Magic Fiddle", Sonic Lighter, Zephyr, Leaf Trombone: World Stage

Revenue $101 Million (2017)

Number of employees

Websitesmule.com

Smule is an American mobile app developer with headquarters in San Francisco.[2] The company specializes in developing social music-making and collaboration applications for iOS, Android, and Web.[1]

The company was founded in 2008 by Jeff Smith and Stanford assistant professor Ge Wang. "Music was the original social network before Instagram and Facebook," said Smith, the co-founder and CEO of Smule. Wang commented that the goal of the apps was to draw users in and "by the time they realize they're making music, 'it's too late — they're already having fun.'"[3] In December 2011, Smule acquired fellow music app developer Khush.[4] On July 31, 2013, Wang stepped down from his role at Smule to return to Stanford full-time.[5] Smule currently has 52 million monthly active users[citation needed]. Smule has raised $156.5 million to date, with Tencent leading their latest fundraising round. "We wanted to bring music back to its social roots," Smith said. "With mobile phones we make people more expressive and can we connect them to make them social together." The company raised $74 million in funding in 2018 from Tencent and Times Bridge, the VC wing of India media conglomerate The Times Group

Rogerlococo2020

Like i said your wasting your time to suggest anything to smule team. they will change nothing at all. Their attitude is take it or leave it 

• 3 weeks later...
cl00bie
On 12/8/2021 at 9:23 AM, opentype said:

It's not only new features.  I hate the new audio profiles.  I liked the pinpoint adjustment of the old sliders.

On December 8, 2021, I ran into a problem with a current feature after an update.  I have about 97 favorites songs saved in my profile that I like do open recordings of.  Now it pulls up the favorites with two tabs, the first is the open recordings I've bookmarked, the other tab has my favorites.  When I click on the favorites tab, the whole app crashes.  

It only does this on my iPad 2 with iOS 12 (the cheapest iPad I could find that supported Smule).  It doesn't do it on my iPhone 8.  But when they roll out new features, they should test them on all their supported iOS versions, but I understand the 80/20 rule.  It takes 20% of the time to find 80% of the bugs and 80% of the time to find the final 20%.  But when I give them a video of what's happening with all my information, they ought to make it a priority to fix production bugs over new development.

Maybe I'm thinking of this like an IT professional. 🤪

_RamKrish1012

Smule Developer seem to be like men possessed and go about changing everything willnilly for no reason at all.  Think they must be Tech Nerds amusing themselves seeing Paying Members suffer without any Recourse. Right now every night when i want to join my book marked Invites I can't tell whose invite it is from my sixth Gen iPad and I have to look at my Samsung Phone for that. Once done and I choose a song I get to see the Lyrics first and have to cancel it before I can see what VOC options they have chosen and adjust my reverb settings etc. Become so cumbersome

• like 1