COMPATIBILITY PHONES AND SLAPBACK

PUNCHDRINKS

hey gang.. okay, I know this may have been an exhausted topic but I still don't get it and I need to understand this because it's so frustrating. if I buy a phone I want it to work on smule. especially one of the more expensive phones. I don't buy the $1,000 phones I'm only talking one to $200. I have a Moto G play 2021. I can't switch phones anymore because I can't afford to keep doing it with Smule. so this one needs to work. currently, I have to use my regular phone as a hotspot so that I can sing on Smule with a different phone which is a Harmony 4 and works wonderfully. most of my cheaper phones seem to work great on Smule but this Moto G play 2021 has what we call in the studio slapback. it may be a latency issue but I think it's software. I think it's a software conflict in other words. I've contacted Smule and they never want to help they ask you to send stuff that's irrelevant and I'm kind of tired of dealing with Smule. I've been with them for several years but I don't think I'm going to renew this year because I'm tired of this issue and no one helping me fix it.

with that said, when I speak I can hear myself about a second later repeating the word that I just said but it's in my earbuds. I have ADHD and is annoying as that is for most people that don't have ADHD to listen to themselves one second after they've stated a word or sing a lyric, for those of us with ADHD it's a hell ride because I completely shut down when I hear myself speaking with myself. I don't know why I can't hear myself in real time on this phone I can't figure it out and I've tried reading and no one seems to answer this question everyone keeps saying the same thing about unloading and loading apps and reinstalling them and it doesn't seem to work. does anyone understand why one phone would work and another one doesn't? Smule made a patch for me on one phone and it seemed to fix it a while back but it's not working on this phone. I've looked everywhere and I can't find any information on this thing and I'm so frustrated. it's not just Smule though. it also does it on starmaker and other apps as well. so in my opinion it's got something to do with the software conflict here on this phone and not so much with the apps themselves per se. although they should be coinciding with one another and lining up there programming so that it all maps correctly and overlays correctly. I've tried to look this up on this forum with sing salon but I can't really find out how to navigate or ask a question and then get an answer so I'm just going to post this and helps if someone can answer it because I've loved to get to the bottom of this debacle and kick it in the butt. any help would be awesome thanks guys

sdr
25 minutes ago, PUNCHDRINKS said:

when I speak I can hear myself about a second later repeating the word...

I had this disturbing echo problem on a Samsung A20s. A workaround is to keep the phone volume below 30% when recording on smule. So the echo won't interfere with your singing. Even otherwise for a clearer recording, you should not have phone volume above 40%. 

PUNCHDRINKS

I can't do it LOL I love the whole premise of being able to sing and hear yourself with the music really well so that I can time everything and hold back when I need to for inflictions. it's just too hard man when your volume is down to even pay attention to what you're doing. I just wish there was an answer to this where is the fix and what is the problem with this specific type of phone

Lou ELVIS

If your phone has a headphone jack pick up a iRig mic pre I have the one with the battery you'll need a XLR mic cable and your choice of Mic I use it on my LG V60 no problems hope this helps and happy sing they also have the same unit for Apple phones mine is an Android hope this helps and happy singing friend👍

• 1 month later...
cl00bie
On 11/29/2021 at 11:12 AM, PUNCHDRINKS said:

I can't do it LOL I love the whole premise of being able to sing and hear yourself with the music really well so that I can time everything and hold back when I need to for inflictions. it's just too hard man when your volume is down to even pay attention to what you're doing. I just wish there was an answer to this where is the fix and what is the problem with this specific type of phone

I use open backed headphones, and I turn the volume down to 0. 

My2CentsWorth

I have an issue with video recordings, only for joins - my video lags. But there is no lag when I open a voc.  Android user here, and it irritates me to no end. Any other android user with the same issue?