Second Delay while singing

Stevee

Hi everyone!

I am new on this forum.

I have a question because i dont know anymore what to do. I had a Samsung A8, a Xiaomi K30 and a Samsung A71. With all of these phones i hear myself while i sing a sec later, it makes me crazy. 

I use the Sony MDR-XB50AP ear buds headphones. 

What could be the problem? Is it android? And if i would switch to a Iphone, which iphone would you recomment? (Older ones are also fine)

sdr
45 minutes ago, Stevee said:

Hi everyone!

I am new on this forum.

I have a question because i dont know anymore what to do. I had a Samsung A8, a Xiaomi K30 and a Samsung A71. With all of these phones i hear myself while i sing a sec later, it makes me crazy. 

I experienced such disturbing echo on a Samsung A20s. If you want to continue using the same phone, set the phone volume to a maximum of 30% when recording. Even otherwise you shouldn't use phone volume more than 40% when recording. 👍

Edited by sdr
  • like 1

Isa_Bella
7 hours ago, Stevee said:

Hi everyone!

I am new on this forum.

What could be the problem? Is it android? And if i would switch to a Iphone, which iphone would you recomment? (Older ones are also fine)

as per my experience   FX Character dont go beyond 60%.... FX Amount  dont go beyond 30 % (this is where the echo).. set the Vocal Volume to -2.0... But it depends on the Style you were using.. My suggestion:  Make your own Style so you can default your FX..   But for phones... The best is IPHONE... they said Iphone5 is the best...  Hope this helps.. 

• like 1

Stevee
8 minutes ago, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

as per my experience   FX Character dont go beyond 60%.... FX Amount  dont go beyond 30 % (this is where the echo).. set the Vocal Volume to -2.0... But it depends on the Style you were using.. My suggestion:  Make your own Style so you can default your FX..   But for phones... The best is IPHONE... they said Iphone5 is the best...  Hope this helps.. 

Thank you so much for the information, i def going to try this 🙏

• like 1

Isa_Bella
5 minutes ago, Stevee said:

Thank you so much for the information, i def going to try this 🙏

You're Welcome..  Enjoy  🎤🎤🎧🎧🎶

sdr
On 11/27/2021 at 2:47 AM, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

FX Character dont go beyond 60%.... FX Amount  dont go beyond 30 %

These settings affect the final result of recording and often not a disturbance while singing. The problem echo, as the original questioner asked, comes after one second interfering with the singing. You lose your timing when this happens. Adjusting FX values didn't remove this echo. It only occurred on one phone model for me. 

Isa_Bella
11 minutes ago, sdr said:

These settings affect the final result of recording and often not a disturbance while singing. The problem echo, as the original questioner asked, comes after one second interfering with the singing. You lose your timing when this happens. Adjusting FX values didn't remove this echo. It only occurred on one phone model for me. 

I am sharing based on my experience.... YES it does removed the ECHO big time... 

• like 1

Stevee

Both thank u so much for your help.

What @sdr say is exact what i mean. By lowering my "echo" i can not hear myself good with earpods in, so i need the echo (without the 1 sec voice delay) i can also put 1 earpod out but then i dont hear the music good enough 🤷‍♀️😅🙈

The crazy thing is that my old samsung A8 did this always perfect, i never had problems, until a few weeks now (older android?... new smule version?) I dont know what cause this problem. I bought now 2 other phones but unfortunatly have the same 1 sec voice delay problem.

So my thought is... can an Iphone solve my problem? Might this problem be an Android thing?

• like 1

Isa_Bella
1 hour ago, Stevee said:

Both thank u so much for your help.

What @sdr say is exact what i mean. By lowering my "echo" i can not hear myself good with earpods in, so i need the echo (without the 1 sec voice delay) i can also put 1 earpod out but then i dont hear the music good enough 🤷‍♀️😅🙈

The crazy thing is that my old samsung A8 did this always perfect, i never had problems, until a few weeks now (older android?... new smule version?) I dont know what cause this problem. I bought now 2 other phones but unfortunatly have the same 1 sec voice delay problem.

So my thought is... can an Iphone solve my problem? Might this problem be an Android thing?

if you are using blue tooth there is always a voice delay... I think the best for you is to email Zendesk about your problem..

Lou ELVIS

If any of then phones have a ear phone jack get a irig mic pre in like the one with the 9v battery 🔋 I use a 6ft mogami cable its expensive what has a lifetime warranty and completely eliminates any Mike noise I have that with a shure 58 beta mic works flawlessly hope this helps Stevee

RockMeSlowly
On 11/26/2021 at 8:51 AM, Stevee said:

Hi everyone!

I am new on this forum.

Don't listen to your voice back through a headset while you're singing.  Turn off the voice feedback and keep the track volume low enough so you can hear your voice organically.  It's the only way to really deal with latency because it's a fact of life when you record like this.

You can mess with the effects and how your voice blends into the song after you cut your vocals.