Jump to content
  • Sign Up

My Smule Wish List for 2022


_RamKrish1012
 Share

Recommended Posts

My Smule Wish List for 2022:

Book Marked Invites: Want all my Book Marked invites automatically arranged by the expiry time and date with the one that expires first right at the Top.

Searching for Uploaded Songs: It may be convenient to use the search facility to find a good upload of an ENGLISH song you wish to sing and invite friends. This is not so for Indians songs as there are so many dialects and English captions can have so many different spellings. Searches throw up so many options and when you click one and don’t like it you cannot go back but have to cancel and search all over again. The same song can be with English or Hindi lyrics etc. Search function does not help at all and Many times I have abandoned searches.. Search facility has to IMPROVE by Miles

Searching From a Members Uploads: I am aware of several Professional Quality Uploaders. So If I go to their Songs there are 1200 uploads all arranged by date of upload. Would be nice if all these were arranged alphabetically so a member knows where to find the song they are looking for.

Facility to search Members own Recordings: I wish I could search my own recordings for a particular song. I can do it on Smule web site but I want to be able to do this from my profile page on my Mobile phone

Inviters details on Book Marked songs: Earlier on, emphasis was on who sent the invite and when it expires. Today it shows song title and number of plays and number of Joins but not whose invite it is. Makes not sense at all. I book marked because I like the friend who sent the invite and am not interested in how many times it was played and how many had joined. It does not show when it expires either

@ Mentions on Profile Page: I have all my favourite singers mentioned on my profile page. I like the idea of their image as I click on it to see their invites or listen to their songs. Yet I do not want my Profile Page Cluttered with their Smule VIP names as Text. What for ? This is redundant as anyone can click on the image @ Mentions and go to their profile pages

Profile Image: My Samsung displays the photo I have uploaded fully. Not so on my iPad. It looks truncated & disgusting to be honest

Please comment on my List and share yours too and may be we can generate a REQUEST AS SING ALONG MEMBERS if Moderators agree

CHEERS

Ram

Edited by _RamKrish1012
  • like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

🤣🤣 Your list are sooo complicated...You should have send it to Smule  Zendesk.... and share to us their response.. just saying.. 

Why is it so complicated ?

It is just requests to make the search facility more useful and better database management

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

🤣🤣 Your list are sooo complicated...You should have send it to Smule  Zendesk.... and share to us their response.. just saying.. 

Book Marked Invites - All bookmarked that are expiring you will get a notification/Reminder  a day before it Expires...I think 24 hours of Notification  is  enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

Book Marked Invites - All bookmarked that are expiring you will get a notification/Reminder  a day before it Expires...I think 24 hours of Notification  is  enough.

Of course I am aware of that. I have been singing on Smule since 2017

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have been singing on smule since 2015 and now I have more than 110k followers so trust me I know smule very well. every time I try to give them good advices they always reply me they will send my advices to smule team but not guarantee they will take my advices LOL then in the end nothing has ever changed

  • haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Rogerlococo2020 said:

I have been singing on smule since 2015 and now I have more than 110k followers so trust me I know smule very well. every time I try to give them good advices they always reply me they will send my advices to smule team but not guarantee they will take my advices LOL then in the end nothing has ever changed

I Understand what you are saying Roger. Smule ignores Individual requests. The Zen Desk gives Lip service and then follows it up asking to rate their service and I always say useless 😞

What if we consolidate this wish list and get your 110k Followers and my 250 followers  and a million others to send to Smule. Bombard them with exactly the same consolidated demand and surely some one at Smule will sit up and and listen and Act. We have strengths in Numbers.

Just Like Smule the Indian Govt pushed through the Parliament three Farm laws sans debate or discussion as they had majority in Both houses. Farmers have been protesting for 12 months now and Finally the Govt has promised to repeal the laws. Even now farmers are protesting that a Promise is not good enough they want a revised legislation

More than anything Roger Can you please comment on my list and tell me if I am wrong somewhere. I love my critics who find holes in my plans

Cheers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/26/2021 at 6:56 AM, _RamKrish1012 said:

My Smule Wish List for 2022:

Book Marked Invites: Want all my Book Marked invites automatically arranged by the expiry time and date with the one that expires first right at the Top.

Searching for Uploaded Songs: It may be convenient to use the search facility to find a good upload of an ENGLISH song you wish to sing and invite friends. This is not so for Indians songs as there are so many dialects and English captions can have so many different spellings. Searches throw up so many options and when you click one and don’t like it you cannot go back but have to cancel and search all over again. The same song can be with English or Hindi lyrics etc. Search function does not help at all and Many times I have abandoned searches.. Search facility has to IMPROVE by Miles

Searching From a Members Uploads: I am aware of several Professional Quality Uploaders. So If I go to their Songs there are 1200 uploads all arranged by date of upload. Would be nice if all these were arranged alphabetically so a member knows where to find the song they are looking for.

Facility to search Members own Recordings: I wish I could search my own recordings for a particular song. I can do it on Smule web site but I want to be able to do this from my profile page on my Mobile phone

Inviters details on Book Marked songs: Earlier on, emphasis was on who sent the invite and when it expires. Today it shows song title and number of plays and number of Joins but not whose invite it is. Makes not sense at all. I book marked because I like the friend who sent the invite and am not interested in how many times it was played and how many had joined. It does not show when it expires either

@ Mentions on Profile Page: I have all my favourite singers mentioned on my profile page. I like the idea of their image as I click on it to see their invites or listen to their songs. Yet I do not want my Profile Page Cluttered with their Smule VIP names as Text. What for ? This is redundant as anyone can click on the image @ Mentions and go to their profile pages

Profile Image: My Samsung displays the photo I have uploaded fully. Not so on my iPad. It looks truncated & disgusting to be honest

Please comment on my List and share yours too and may be we can generate a REQUEST AS SING ALONG MEMBERS if Moderators agree

CHEERS

Ram

Great list! Good job! Add one more wish from me — give users the option to turn off auto play, please! 😩🤯🤕 

  • love it! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, TheMajesticM said:

give users the option to turn off auto play, please! 😩🤯🤕 

They removed turning off autoplay couple of months ago. I wonder what revelation they got which made them do it! Autoplay is a usually a nuisance in smule. And it activates wherever you are in smule. Even in another person's profile from where you played just one recording. It is intrusive, to say the least.

Also the player, once opened stays open without an option to close it. Often causing accidental Like on the recording which is being played. 

But I have learned to live with smule, knowing that there is no use in telling them.😁🤪

  • like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/26/2021 at 5:26 PM, _RamKrish1012 said:

Book Marked Invites: Want all my Book Marked invites automatically arranged by the expiry time

Knowing that Smule won't listen to you, think about workarounds that probably will make your bookmarks more ordered. Try the following.

Scan your invite notifications from bottom to top, that is, from the invite you left out from the previous scan. Bookmark whichever invite you want in that one scan. When you want to join scan the bookmarks also from bottom to top.

Hope this works👍😁 

I usually join the latest invites first. There is more chance that the inviter will listen to earlier joins than the later ones. As a matter of fact, I will not join any invite which has more than about 20 joins already even if requested in personal message.😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/26/2021 at 5:26 PM, _RamKrish1012 said:

Facility to search Members own Recordings:...

Smule has only one search point where you have to type the whole story 🤪. Start with the member's name. (Copy it from smule.com if the name is too difficult to type). (Smule advises prefixing the name with @ but I don't find any difference in results). Then type the words from the title of the song. Select See All and select the order of listing from the menu shown.👍😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/26/2021 at 5:26 PM, _RamKrish1012 said:

Facility to search Members own Recordings:...

You have no other option than typing your own name in the search box. Let smule think that you are a narcissist if they want😁. (No flames intended). I routinely do it so my name almost always appear in the word selections.🤪

  • haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/26/2021 at 5:26 PM, _RamKrish1012 said:

Inviters details on Book Marked songs:

Too much 🤪

I only wanted one info on an invite. That whether that singer is following me. And that info seems to be the best kept secret in smule. Instead they tell me that I am following that singer. As if it was not clear from the fact that I received the notification. 🙄

  • like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/27/2021 at 1:54 PM, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

Book Marked Invites - All bookmarked that are expiring you will get a notification/Reminder  a day before it Expires...I think 24 hours of Notification  is  enough.

I am fully aware of what you are saying.  Some times this time left is not enough if you are not at home. I just want to sing the ones that expire first when I am there at home singing. People don't sing all the time we have busy lives too and dont want to miss out and disappoint a friend who sent a personal invite not a Public Notification to all followers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, TheMajesticM said:

Great list! Good job! Add one more wish from me — give users the option to turn off auto play, please! 😩🤯🤕 

Very Good Point Raised. I shall include this in my list. So True I receive a notifications and send my reply to a comment and then there is some one singing in my Pocket and it is not even someone I follow or my follower

I don't see the need for this auto play at all.

Very Valuable & Majestic suggesting Thank You

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

Some times this time left is not enough if you are not at home.

Now you can join an invite even after 7 days. So the question of expiry is irrelevant. 

  • like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, sdr said:

But I have learned to live with smule, knowing that there is no use in telling them.😁🤪

Mmmmm You sound like a very good Husband.. Just kidding 

 

5 hours ago, sdr said:

Scan your invite notifications from bottom to top, that is, from the invite you left out from the previous scan. Bookmark whichever invite you want in that one scan. When you want to join scan the bookmarks also from bottom to top. Hope this works👍😁 

OMG This sounds complex like a CT Scan with Contrast or may be an MRI 🙂 . What I am saying here is I don't know what you mean by "Scan". Please explain in simple English I am a 75 year old man just passing time singing on Smule

  • haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, sdr said:

Smule has only one search point where you have to type the whole story 🤪. Start with the member's name. (Copy it from smule.com if the name is too difficult to type). (Smule advises prefixing the name with @ but I don't find any difference in results). Then type the words from the title of the song. Select See All and select the order of listing from the menu shown.👍😁

Right now search is available on Notifications page It should be on the Profile Page too. In My Opinion the Smule search facility is very Poor

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

I don't know what you mean by "Scan".

scan

verb

1.

look at all parts of (something) carefully in order to detect some feature.

"he raised his binoculars to scan the coast"

  • haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, sdr said:

You have no other option than typing your own name in the search box. Let smule think that you are a narcissist if they want😁. (No flames intended). I routinely do it so my name almost always appear in the word selections.🤪

To assume some one at "Smule" is even thinking is a Fascinating Thought. Just for the fun of it I decided Id be a Narcissist and keyed in my Smule name in search and it shows my 10 invites that are still open but believe it or not it is not based on order of expiring time just random. I have no clue what determines the order. I checked song Titles and the list is not in Alphabetic order either 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

it shows my 10 invites that are still open but believe it or not it is not based on order

Now open the menu at top right. It shows two items. Most Popular, Closing Soon. The second is what you are after.👍😁

Edited by sdr
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

Right now search is available on Notifications page It should be on the Profile Page too

Search 🔍 is available on almost every page including Profile.👍😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sdr said:

scan verb 1.look at all parts of (something) carefully in order to detect some feature. "he raised his binoculars to scan the coast"

So You Think I am a Country Bumpkin. I am Not.  What you said was not clear

  • haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sdr said:

Now you can join an invite even after 7 days. So the question of expiry is irrelevant. 

Absolutely so why send me notifications that xyz invite will expire in 12 hours etc etc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share