Delete/Close or Deactivate your own Smule Account

Isa_Bella

Hi Guys is it possible to delete/close or deactivate  my Smule account without requesting Smule to do it for me.  If an account has been closed can be possible to reactivate it?

Rogerlococo2020
On 11/26/2021 at 6:07 AM, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

Hi Guys is it possible to delete/close or deactivate  my Smule account without requesting Smule to do it for me.  If an account has been closed can be possible to reactivate it?

No you can't do these by yourself. smule wants to take full control always so you're going to have to write to smule to delete/close or deactivate your account

Rogerlococo2020

but then again many people said after smule deactivated the account they requested then they could never get it back from smule no more. so better don't do that risky move

• like 1
  • thank you! 1

Isa_Bella
1 minute ago, Rogerlococo2020 said:

No you can't do these by yourself. smule wants to take full control always so you're going to have to write to smule to delete/close or deactivate your account

hmmmmm... thanks for the info...

TheMajesticM
On 11/25/2021 at 5:07 PM, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

Send support an e-mail and they’ll do it. They will warn you they won’t be able to recovery it. I don’t think that it’s they cannot recovery it. I think it would be very time consuming for them to reactivate accounts. It wouldn’t be a good practice to start, unless they charged for it…  If you decide to deactivate or delete the account, make sure to save your favorite recordings. I don’t know your reasoning (and don’t want or need to know) but you could simply leave the recordings and return when you feel like using the app again. 

• like 1

My2CentsWorth

Or you could delete your joins with people and people's joins with you, so you are left with zero songs and then you stop using the account. 

That way you can come back to it when you fancy.  But upon official deletion, you can't get back your old acct and you also can't use your old username..it will prompt you that the name is taken.