Can’t find my songs on Smule website

ajaytaranath

Hello guys,

My name is Ajay Taranath. I am from Adelaide, Australia. I have been a VIP smule user for some time now. But not a serious/regular one.

I use the smule app with the standard apple earphones.

I have noticed all of the singers in this podium have their songs on smule website. I thought I would find my songs too when I went to my profile. But was disappointed that there were none despite having sung many and having them in my iphone.

1.     Therefore, can you please tell me how I can get my songs to populate my profile on the Smule website.

I became aware of the Irig pro-I/O as well as the other paraphernalia that would allow me to use a microphone, a XLR cable and a headphone . I bought a Sennheiser e945 and an Audiotechnica ATH-M50x.

In this connection I have a few questions if any of you guys don’t mind helping me out.

Currently, to sing, I choose in sequence

Super studio -then I choose 50% reverb amount and 50% reverb character -then 100% vocal volume -and after completing the song, I will listen to myself and reduce the volume (to anywhere between 0 and -4) and hit done.

The irig pro has a gain dial on the front and a dial for the volume on the side. Also there are two lights one below the other.

1.     When I connect the Iphone to the irig pro i/o along with the microphone and the headphone and select a song to sing (solo with instrumental music), do you mind telling me what steps I should follow in sequence?

2.     What colour should the lights be flashing?

3.     What should be the gain setting?

4.     What volume setting should I use?

5.     Any other words of advice?

Thank you,

Regards,

Ajay

sdr
7 hours ago, ajaytaranath said:

I thought I would find my songs too when I went to my profile. But was disappointed that there were none despite having sung many and having them in my iphone

It might be that your songs are private. If that is the case set each of them public from the phone.

Edited by sdr

_RamKrish1012
11 hours ago, ajaytaranath said:

I became aware of the Irig pro-I/O as well as the other paraphernalia that would allow me to use a microphone, a XLR cable and a headphone . I bought a Sennheiser e945 and an Audiotechnica ATH-M50x.

In this connection I have a few questions if any of you guys don’t mind helping me out.

Currently, to sing, I choose in sequence

Super studio -then I choose 50% reverb amount and 50% reverb character -then 100% vocal volume -and after completing the song, I will listen to myself and reduce the volume (to anywhere between 0 and -4) and hit done. If you are always having to reduce the volume after recording it means you are singing too loud. All you need to do is compare your voice level with your singing partner and try and match it up in volume, a bit up or a bit down a bit to suit making the final output what you are satisfied with

The irig pro has a gain dial on the front and a dial for the volume on the side. Also there are two lights one below the other.

1.     When I connect the Iphone to the irig pro i/o along with the microphone and the headphone and select a song to sing (solo with instrumental music), do you mind telling me what steps I should follow in sequence?

2.     What colour should the lights be flashing? GREEN If you sing with mic closer to the mouth it might show Orange. Occasional orange is Ok, As soon as you see Orange move  the mic slightly away from the mouth or sing softer

3.     What should be the gain setting? I CHOOSE BETWEEN 8 and 8.5. It just sits there permanently at 8.5

4.     What volume setting should I use?  Volume setting on iRig Pro is for your head phones. This is an individual choice. If you are joining other singers invites you just adjust to suit. How Loud you listen will determine how loud you sing.

5.     Any other words of advice?. If reverb setting of 50/50 sounds good stay with it as this depends on the acoustic property of the room where you record. I prefer 70/60 most of the time. I record using 50/50 and change it when I am listening to the recording before uploading

Trust me it is all a Trial and error game for all of us and also depends on the quality of the Upload some uploads are such, that the backing track is way to loud subduing your vocals

Ram, Sydney

Thank you,

Regards,

Ajay

Isa_Bella
19 hours ago, sdr said:

It might be that your songs are private. If that is the case set each of them public from the phone.

No I dont think so... if he sets his songs as private he can still see all because its his songs.. but other people cant see it..if he taged someone that person can also view it.  

Isa_Bella
18 hours ago, ajaytaranath said:

Thanks sdr. Will try that.

I think you were not a VIP before and you just had your subscription installed.. if thats the case... email Smule customer support to open all your songs in public.. thats the only way to get all your songs visible on your wall.. You have to remember that Non VIP's you can only view 200 songs on your wall.. VIPs you can view all your songs... I also have my 1st account that I dont use it anymore but I had 21k recordings..so i have to keep on VIP so I can view all my songs if I want to reminisce..

Also try this... if in future you want to stop your subscription.. start saving  all your songs in Favourite... You can view all your songs in favourite.. VIP or NON VIP... There you go ... hope this solved your problem 

sdr
41 minutes ago, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

No I dont think so... if he sets his songs as private he can still see all because its his songs.. but other people cant see it..if he taged someone that person can also view it.  

I thought that by smule website www.smule.com is meant. That is a public portal where we can see all public recordings from all users. The page is at www.smule.com/yourname.

Isa_Bella
1 minute ago, sdr said:

I thought that by smule website www.smule.com is meant. That is a public portal where we can see all public recordings from all users. The page is at www.smule.com/yourname.

ok...

opentype
5 hours ago, sdr said:

You can access any song if you know the URL, but as mentioned, the profile song list will be cut off if the singer is currently not a VIP member. 

• like 1

ajaytaranath

Thank you all.

I have been a VIP member from the very first day.  Hence, I am not able to work it out.

I will contact smule support.

_RamKrish1012
On 11/20/2021 at 7:51 PM, ajaytaranath said:

Thank you all.

I have been a VIP member from the very first day.  Hence, I am not able to work it out.

I will contact Smule support.

I just did a search on Smule web site and can see about 30 recordings. I can also see a VIP with no Profile Picture and another Non VIP account with your profile Picture

My Gut feel is you have logged out of your VIP account and have logged in as a non paying ordinary member, unless there is some one else with identical user name which I think smule wont allow

Take a look at the link below

https://www.smule.com/search?q=ajaytaranath&type=recording&sort=popular