Jump to content
  • Sign Up

My fake U87 microphone has arrived

Recommended Posts

Lou ELVIS

Well I got my fake U87 it is the first mic that has no name no brand no s/n like it just appeared out of thin air. THE ONE THING I CAN SAY ITS A REAL CONDENSER MICΒ  i proved this by cutting of the power of my IRIG mic pre 48v phantom power and the mic didn't make a peep..lol πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Edited by Lou ELVIS
Typo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lou ELVIS

Its a vary clear mic unforgiving from the mic it is built well I was varry Surprised 😱 how well it is made I thought that the sticker was plastic but I was wrong it's part of the actual frame of the mic

20211113_160127_HDR_Edited.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lou ELVIS

Of course I bought it from GEEKΒ  downloaded the GEEK app. I have used it for 7 years its on play store then just look under condenser microphones. Here is a pic I put together yesterday it took me to hour to figure out how to get the effects from my mic mechanic to go to my headset and recorded on the phoneπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ here's a pic of the setup happy singingπŸ™‚ NOTE: GET A DEBIT CARD GIVE DEBIT CARD NUMBERS ONLY ! FOR ALL TRANSACTION'S NEVER USE ANY CARD CONNECTED TO YOUR MAIN ACCOUNT'S THIS WILL PREVENT ELECTRONIC WITHDRAWAL OVERSEAS πŸ™‚

photostudio_1636968150985.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lou ELVIS

I will be testing it sat and Sunday I found a good Clarity on the mic next thing I will be testing is the SPL singing loud into the mic some rock like the imigreant song

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Isa_Bella
On 11/14/2021 at 11:21 PM, Lou ELVIS said:

Its a vary clear mic unforgiving from the mic it is built well I was varry Surprised 😱 how well it is made I thought that the sticker was plastic but I was wrong it's part of the actual frame of the mic

20211113_160127_HDR_Edited.jpg

Wow looks good.. it seems that the quality is ok...in terms of the physical appearance.. have you tried it yet??

Β 

Β 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Isa_Bella
On 11/15/2021 at 8:31 PM, Lou ELVIS said:

Of course I bought it from GEEKΒ  downloaded the GEEK app. I have used it for 7 years its on play store then just look under condenser microphones. Here is a pic I put together yesterday it took me to hour to figure out how to get the effects from my mic mechanic to go to my headset and recorded on the phoneπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ here's a pic of the setup happy singingπŸ™‚ NOTE: GET A DEBIT CARD GIVE DEBIT CARD NUMBERS ONLY ! FOR ALL TRANSACTION'S NEVER USE ANY CARD CONNECTED TO YOUR MAIN ACCOUNT'S THIS WILL PREVENT ELECTRONIC WITHDRAWAL OVERSEAS πŸ™‚

photostudio_1636968150985.jpg

Wow looks complicated to use hahahaha... I use Samson Track Pro Condenser..Β  Its more safer to use PAYPAL for my Online Shopping...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
Lou ELVIS

My next test will be hooking it to art tube preamp

vvmmvwqluvjetmvscfes.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Isa_Bella
On 11/17/2021 at 3:41 AM, Lou ELVIS said:

We'll see what the response isπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Please share your Smule Name so we can listen to the sound..

  • like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

RockMeSlowly
On 11/14/2021 at 7:21 AM, Lou ELVIS said:

Its a vary clear mic unforgiving from the mic it is built well I was varry Surprised 😱 how well it is made I thought that the sticker was plastic but I was wrong it's part of the actual frame of the mic

20211113_160127_HDR_Edited.jpg

I LOVE that mic. I actually use the same U87 I record with for Smule.

If you slap a little compression into the chain, it'll sound even smoother.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

RockMeSlowly
10 hours ago, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

Please share your Smule Name so we can listen to the sound..

I'd be curious to hear it too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lou ELVIS

ELVIS_USA did a ELVIS christmas song with it on SMULE and posted the same

20211113_160127_HDR_Edited.jpg

Edited by Lou ELVIS
Typo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Isa_Bella
21 hours ago, Lou ELVIS said:

ELVIS_USA did a ELVIS christmas song with it on SMULE and posted the same

20211113_160127_HDR_Edited.jpg

I listened to your pinned song yesterday...Bravo πŸ‘πŸ‘... I also discovered that I m your follower.. 😎😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

RockMeSlowly
On 1/19/2022 at 5:36 PM, Lou ELVIS said:

ELVIS_USA did a ELVIS christmas song with it on SMULE and posted the same

20211113_160127_HDR_Edited.jpg

Well done man! Your Elvis is outstanding! I open a lot of Elvis stuff (Currently Suspicious Minds); join me sometime!

The one below is pretty good and still joinable (JailhouseRock)

https://www.smule.com/sing-recording/2388902855_4230397387

Edited by RockMeSlowly
Layout
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 8 months later...
Lou ELVIS

Update: added a pop filter inside the mic head of my FAKE U87 night and day difference πŸ˜‰πŸ‘really cut down on plosives....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


 Share