What to do if my join is not listened to?

sdr
14 minutes ago, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

people have different mind, different ideas... and different ideas on how to pamper their joiners... 

It certainly feels nice when someone sends you a paid gift. It is also financially viable when you have only a few nice joins. Otherwise this could empty your purse considerably fast.😁

I was more against the way smule mismanage the gifts with the palpable aim of collecting money only and the total disregard in displaying them properly. In the profile we can see a few of the gifts received and the greatest gifter if you look inside. What about other gifters? The second greatest? Third?  And so on. At least till 10th? Are gifts such secret things to hide them under a small link?

Edited by sdr
  • like 1

elyssia
9 minutes ago, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

people have different mind, different ideas... and different ideas on how to pamper their joiners... I also gift a 5 days VIP to those Non VIP  members  who always joined my OC's like every single song.. 

I have a few joiners (and they are girls, like me) who would join almost all my OCs without me having to ask them to or giving them anything. I think what they really appreciate is the fact that I take the time to listen to every song they join me. I tend to give priority to these loyal joiners too. Most of the time my comments to them would be more like a conversation and we no longer just comment abt how nice the joins are but also about other things happening in our lives eg movies we watch, other songs we listen to etc. I think I am really lucky to have stumbled upon them and some have been singing with me for a few years now. I would have left the game a long time ago if not because of them.

Oh and when they OC a song (which is not very frequent as I think they prefer to join and accompany/harmonise), I will try to learn and join even if it is a song which I am not too familiar with.

• like 2

sdr
23 minutes ago, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

...by the end of the day if you delete all your songs that hasn't been listen too.. nothing is left in your channel.. just saying... move on and just unfollow...

I keep a join for 10days from the day I joined. The ones which are liked by the inviters only will remain in the profile. And I cherish them. Listen to them again and again and make a point to visit the inviter's profile to see new invites. I even post such recordings to my whatsapp groups so that my friends in those groups also listen to them and comment in the group. 

I have seen that people who want to respond will respond in one or two days. Usually never later than that. That's why I use a ten day period for the number gamers who only want to increase their record count.

Most of this post is a repetition of what I said earlier. Sorry for that.😔😁

• like 1

sdr
1 hour ago, elyssia said:

I think what they really appreciate is the fact that I take the time to listen to every song they join me.

You at the other end of the spectrum. Here the concern was how to deal with the number gamers who never responds to joins. 

👍😁🙋

sdr
1 hour ago, elyssia said:

Oh and when they OC a song (which is not very frequent as I think they prefer to join and accompany/harmonise), I will try to learn and join even if it is a song which I am not too familiar with.

That is probably the best use of smule. When we can learn new songs and join our joiners on their invites. It is far better than opening the same song again and again expecting the same joiners again, and just increasing the recording count.

👍👍😁

• 2 weeks later...
DuetWithAlli
On 11/15/2021 at 8:02 PM, sdr said:

That is the most important thing. And I never regretted deleting them. There are so many other singers in smule to sing with. 👍

For me, it’s hard not to take things personally. You've got the right attitude, sounds like you’re handling it fine 😊

• like 1

DuetWithAlli
On 11/21/2021 at 4:14 AM, sdr said:

I keep a join for 10days from the day I joined. The ones which are liked by the inviters only will remain in the profile. And I cherish them. Listen to them again and again and make a point to visit the inviter's profile to see new invites. I even post such recordings to my whatsapp groups so that my friends in those groups also listen to them and comment in the group. 

I have seen that people who want to respond will respond in one or two days. Usually never later than that. That's why I use a ten day period for the number gamers who only want to increase their record count.

Most of this post is a repetition of what I said earlier. Sorry for that.😔😁

When I had vip, it always took me days to listen to the joins back when people were actually joining my songs. For friends and people who sang with me regularly, I tried to listen within a few days. But it could be a week or more for joiners I’d never heard before. So I think giving 10 days is a good idea.  

• like 2
  • love it! 1

Isa_Bella
On 11/21/2021 at 7:48 PM, elyssia said:

I have a few joiners (and they are girls, like me) who would join almost all my OCs without me having to ask them to or giving them anything. I think what they really appreciate is the fact that I take the time to listen to every song they join me. I tend to give priority to these loyal joiners too. Most of the time my comments to them would be more like a conversation and we no longer just comment abt how nice the joins are but also about other things happening in our lives eg movies we watch, other songs we listen to etc. I think I am really lucky to have stumbled upon them and some have been singing with me for a few years now. I would have left the game a long time ago if not because of them.

How do you know that your songs was listened ... once you hit the song to give a gift or like but you didn't actually listened the full song it will be counted as one  listened..It is impossible to listen to every single collab so i compensate to give paid stickers and thank you..

• 4 weeks later...
cl00bie
On 11/8/2021 at 1:20 PM, sdr said:

There are several people who are out there to increase their number records. Unfortunately and as expected from bad design of smule the number of records by a person gets inflated with the number joins also. 

I sing with people who make the process enjoyable.  When the person stops being enjoyable to sing with, I simply unfollow them.  I have unfollowed people whose habits were annoying to me.  I never contacted them.  I never complained, I simply clicked "Unfollow". 

• like 3

cl00bie
On 11/8/2021 at 9:17 PM, sdr said:

I think it should be part of the non-existent code of "smule ethics" not to listen to other singers' join before the inviter commented and liked it.

No, actually it shouldn't.  If someone has time between their two full time jobs to record one OC and lay it out there, then good for them.  If they get to some of their listens once a week or so, that's okay too.  If they're retired and sitting home all day, and they simply don't want to listen to the recordings people have made then that's okay too.

I used to sing on another site that will remain nameless.  I liked to enter contests.  But many of these contests required you to listen to and comment on all the other people's songs.  Some even required at least two minutes between listens so you couldn't fire it up, do a quick cut and paste comment, and go to the next one.   

I hated that and would never join those contests.  I am not a slave to other people expectations.  If you don't like it, unfollow me or block me.

Edited by cl00bie

cl00bie
On 11/9/2021 at 6:41 PM, RockMeSlowly said:

I honestly couldn't give two shits about clout on the app. I'm using it to get my voice back in recording shape and to connect with other artists. If I make an OC public, I'm inviting people into my space. 

Agreed.  This is one of the reasons I will never sing with a "purple checkmark".  I have sung with some people and have gotten a lot of traffic with views and likes.  But then I realized I had 43 views and 47 likes.  4 people "liked" my song without even having listened to it.

So I began treating this like "whose line is it anyway" - "Smule, where I sing for fun and the 'points' don't matter." 

• like 2

Isa_Bella
On 11/21/2021 at 7:47 PM, sdr said:

It is also financially viable when you have only a few nice joins. Otherwise this could empty your purse considerably fast.😁

I have 4 active accounts in Smule in which I do the upload of songs in the song book.  All these 4 accounts I gifted my joiners with the paid stickers just the 5coins worth of stickers.. That's what I said on my previous comments that people have different ideas, different minds, different situation, different priorities, different circumstances (financially).

Isa_Bella

when you have only a few nice joins. 

With this regards, I am an uploader and I dont mind if it was a nice, not nice, bad, not bad  joins... The fact that they joined my upload songs I don't care at all and do appreciate it.. You have to remember we are not a professional singers we are in Smule to have fun, stress reliever after work. 

Isa_Bella

when you have only a few nice joins. 

Now I am curious to hear and listen your songs... You must have an excellent VOCAL CORDS to comment that I ONLY HAVE A FEW NICE JOINS.  🤣🤣🤣🤣 Please share your Smule Name.. Thanks 🙏🙏

sdr
On 1/3/2022 at 11:17 PM, cl00bie said:

But then I realized I had 43 views and 47 likes.  4 people "liked" my song without even having listened to it.

I look at previous joins on the invite and if they all have several likes on each, avoid joining that invite. Check the singer's previous invites also. If they also show same scenario, unsubscribe that singer. 

• like 1

sdr
12 hours ago, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

Now I am curious to hear and listen your songs... You must have an excellent VOCAL CORDS to comment that I ONLY HAVE A FEW NICE JOINS.  🤣🤣🤣🤣 Please share your Smule Name.. Thanks 🙏🙏

These are relative statements. Very subjective. Leave it at that.😁

Isa_Bella
9 hours ago, sdr said:

These are relative statements. Very subjective. Leave it at that.😁

Hahahahaha you are Hiding and yet you are soo brave to make that statement but  need a proof 😎😎😂😂

• clever! 1