What to do if my join is not listened to?

sdr
2 hours ago, RockMeSlowly said:

The best thing to do is like it yourself and the person gets another notification.  You can also just ask them if it seems unusual. It can be easy to miss.

A like by yourself could be taken as asking for attention. You could do any of the following.

If the song is easy, wait for couple days and if the singer is responding to others, assume that your join is overlooked. Delete it and join again.

If the song is difficult and the singer is someone you look forward to joining in future, try joining other songs. If the singer responds to your new join, you can mention your previous joins.

If you don't care about the singer that much, just delete it after a week or so. Move on to other singers.

😁👍

sdr

My pet peeve is when people just click like and say nothing. THAT is saying I see you and I want you to know it's not worth my time. 

😂😂😂

• like 1

sdr

If someone sings just to sing and heal, why would they open a public OC and ask people to sing with them? It would just make them a selfish narcissist who wants attention if they did that without any.care for the people joining, wouldn't it?   If someone wants to sing only for themselves, solo songs are a thing.

These people are into the number game. They want as many number of recordings added to their recording count which is one of two indices of "greatness" in smule. Smule in its infinite wisdom adds the number joins to the number of actual singing by a singer. And the recording count becomes hundreds of times bigger than what it actually is. These singers want you to be just a number in their joining list. This is the reason I ask joiners to delete their joins after a period if no response. 👍😁

• like 1
  • love it! 1

RockMeSlowly
1 hour ago, sdr said:

A like by yourself could be taken as asking for attention. You could do any of the following.

If the song is easy, wait for couple days and if the singer is responding to others, assume that your join is overlooked. Delete it and join again.

If the song is difficult and the singer is someone you look forward to joining in future, try joining other songs. If the singer responds to your new join, you can mention your previous joins.

If you don't care about the singer that much, just delete it after a week or so. Move on to other singers.

😁👍

Yeah, but if you do want to draw attention to it, why not just be upfront?  People do that with me a LOT when I miss one and I'm grateful because it goes back into my notifications.

I never delete stuff, even if I get snubbed. If it's good and they didn't have time for it, it's their loss.  

• like 2

RockMeSlowly
1 hour ago, sdr said:

These people are into the number game. They want as many number of recordings added to their recording count which is one of two indices of "greatness" in smule. Smule in its infinite wisdom adds the number joins to the number of actual singing by a singer. And the recording count becomes hundreds of times bigger than what it actually is. These singers want you to be just a number in their joining list. This is the reason I ask joiners to delete their joins after a period if no response. 👍😁

I guess if it makes people happy, I can't say it's bad.  Personally, I'm happy with my little group of people. I DO wish some of my friends hadn't quit. haha

• like 3

sdr
43 minutes ago, RockMeSlowly said:

Yeah, but if you do want to draw attention to it, why not just be upfront?  People do that with me a LOT when I miss one and I'm grateful because it goes back into my notifications.

I think it compels them to react even if they wanted to ignore the join. Joining again after deleting gives them the chance to acknowledge it as if it's your only join.

If that is a singer you sang with before, then no harm in reminding. Probably like your joiners reminding you. 👍😁

RockMeSlowly
17 hours ago, sdr said:

I think it compels them to react even if they wanted to ignore the join. Joining again after deleting gives them the chance to acknowledge it as if it's your only join.

If that is a singer you sang with before, then no harm in reminding. Probably like your joiners reminding you. 👍😁

I prefer it, because I feel bad when I miss a join. 

For some of the people who ignore mine, I actually don't mind doing it, even if it's an intentional snub.  I figure if someone can click like to show me "I see you, but I want you to know I didn't listen", I can do it to say "Exsqueeze me lady, but I think you forgot something" haha

Funny enough, I get that from guys more often than women.  I always try to mix it up so it doesn't look like I'm on the app to hit on people, but I've had only a few guys ever acknowledge my joins....  and two of them are from here. hahaha 

Edited by RockMeSlowly
  • like 1

TheMajesticM
On 11/8/2021 at 1:20 PM, sdr said:

There are several people who are out there to increase their number records.

This is a fact. It’s realistic. These types absolutely exist on the *app*. It is hard to believe adults are that immature but they are. Not sure of the exact reasoning but my take is they want to look famous. I think it’s comical if that is the reason but I have seen it a lot and you’re right. 😂

• like 1

TheMajesticM

I think another reason those type of users don’t listen to joins, aside from wanting the numbers, is the user who joined them sounds better—my take. Let’s face it. It may be an app but there are some very competitive users. Killjoys! 👺🔪

• haha 2

TheMajesticM
On 11/9/2021 at 6:41 PM, RockMeSlowly said:

I honestly couldn't give two shits about clout on the app.

Agree 100% - same with me! 😂 I just want to sing. I don’t want to be highlighted. I don’t want to have to hang on coattails or suck the judges on the app. I do want to sing with like-minded, kind users and I do now and it definitely has created a more pleasant experience. I pay to sing and I should be able to do it without dictation of any sort. 

• like 1

sdr
1 hour ago, TheMajesticM said:

These types absolutely exist on the *app*. It is hard to believe adults are that immature but they are. Not sure of the exact reasoning but my take is they want to look famous. I think it’s comical if that is the reason but I have seen it a lot and you’re right. 😂

Very true. 

A month ago I joined a song from a person and I had an unexpected shower of likings from strangers. But not from the inviter. Again a week ago there was again the same song from the same person. Hesitatingly I joined again. Again the same showering of likes. Again nothing from the inviter. My notification tab was continuously showing likes and I almost missed likes of my joins with others! 

Out of curiosity I checked the other joins. They also had about hundred likes but not from the inviter! Now I understood that this is just a game to increase the record count and nothing else. Promptly deleted both my joins with this person. 

I was invited to a smule chat group and joined it after a couple of invitations. Recordings are posted into the group asking to like them. Other than these mutual likings nothing goes on there, not even a word about whether the recordings were good or not. I think what I experienced was the result from one such chat groups.👍😁

• like 2

TheMajesticM

@sdrYour post is accurate on all points. I have experienced the same “game.” I end up deleting the duet. I don’t understand what type of validation they’re getting from a bunch of fake loves on an app. And what type of user wants to participate in a chat group for this purpose …  It would have to be very time consuming: opening the songs, sharing them in the groups, and of course the cheesy gossip we all know occurs in between. I wonder when they have time for real life stuff… Home lives must be pretty boring I assume. 

You’ll find the right people but there is a lot of screening to be done to decipher who is actually on the app to genuinely sing. I have found those people, a small group of them, and I even consider them friends, Sing friends 😊

• like 1

DuetWithAlli

What would I do? If I joined someone I’ve been singing with for awhile, I leave the recording alone, but stop joining that person or join less often. If it’s someone random I joined, I’ll delete it and forget about that person. It’s not worth getting upset over, but also not worth wasting any more of your time on someone who doesn’t have time for you.

• like 2

sdr
2 hours ago, DuetWithAlli said:

If I joined someone I’ve been singing with for awhile, I leave the recording alone, but stop joining that person or join less often.

Exactly what I am doing.👍😁 I would also check the person's chanel to see whether that person is active during the period. If not active, I will keep the join. Otherwise I will try joining one or two  more invites and then then will decide on the action.

• like 2

sdr
2 hours ago, DuetWithAlli said:

It’s not worth getting upset over, but also not worth wasting any more of your time on someone who doesn’t have time for you.

That is the most important thing. And I never regretted deleting them. There are so many other singers in smule to sing with. 👍

• like 1

Isa_Bella
On 11/9/2021 at 12:26 PM, elyssia said:

Sometimes the play view might be contributed by other listeners and not necessarily the person who sent out the invite. 

For me, I tried to listen to all my joins but it might take quite some time as I could only listen and comment on a few every day (it is actually very time consuming!). I wouldn't be surprised if singers who get more joins and have a busy schedule won't have the time to listen and comment on their joins. I try to keep that in mind and don't get too offended if they don't listen to my join. 

Yes soo true... You are right its really  time consuming... what I do.. I buy these paid stickers... like the song  and send 1 paid sticker.. that way you can show you appreciate the joining. 

elyssia
50 minutes ago, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

Yes soo true... You are right its really  time consuming... what I do.. I buy these paid stickers... like the song  and send 1 paid sticker.. that way you can show you appreciate the joining. 

I always feel bad when someone sent me one of those paid stickers 🤭 Cos I refused to spend too much money on the coins so I always just sent the free stickers...

sdr
2 hours ago, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

"Let them eat the cake, if there is no bread"🤪 If someone won't even take time to listen to a join, where is the question of sending gifts? 😁

Isa_Bella
8 minutes ago, sdr said:

"Let them eat the cake, if there is no bread"🤪 If someone won't even take time to listen to a join, where is the question of sending gifts? 😁

sending paid stickers as a gift is a token of appreciation... even if you cant comment... its better than totally ignoring your joiners... 

sdr
1 hour ago, elyssia said:

I always feel bad when someone sent me one of those paid stickers 🤭 Cos I refused to spend too much money on the coins so I always just sent the free stickers...

An year ago, the gifts paid or otherwise, were displayed prominently under the video or audio playing. Just how gifts should be, anyone playing the recording could see the gifts moving one by one from one side of the screen with the name of the sender displayed along with it. Now they are all hidden under a button called Gifts making them almost hidden for everyone except for those who take the liberty to poke their nose in. At the same time they are increasing the number of such graphics. It's certainly an injustice to hide them when someone plays a recording. Moreover the receiver often misses the gift hidden in this manner.

Hence though I liked the idea of gifts and used some paid gifts also, stopped wasting money on it now. I think it's better to use the two free and show my appreciation with the emojis.👍😁

Edited by sdr
  • like 1

Isa_Bella
1 hour ago, elyssia said:

Dont feel bad...some people thats how they show their appreciation but not everyone are the same.. .. I used paid stickers from the start...my joiners appreciate it very much...and before I knew it..they join all my songs that they are familiar with.. 

• like 1

sdr
6 minutes ago, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

sending paid stickers as a gift is a token of appreciation... even if you cant comment... its better than totally ignoring your joiners... 

😁😁

I was only comparing the time to send a gift with that of typing something nice. Anyway both activities necessitates listening to the recording first. 👍

Isa_Bella
3 minutes ago, sdr said:

An year ago, the gifts paid or otherwise, were displayed prominently under the video or audio playing. Just how gifts should be, anyone playing the recording could see the gifts moving one by one from one side of the screen with the name of the sender displayed along with it. Now they are all hidden under a button called Gifts making them almost hidden for everyone except for those who take the liberty to poke their nose in. At the same time they are increasing the number of such graphics. It's certainly an injustice to hide them when someone plays a recording. Moreover the receiver often misses the gift hidden in this manner.

Hence though I liked the idea of gifts and used some paid gifts also, stopped wasting money on it now. I think it's better to use the two free and show my appreciation with the emojis.👍😁

people have different mind, different ideas... and different ideas on how to pamper their joiners... I also gift a 5 days VIP to those Non VIP  members  who always joined my OC's like every single song.. 

Isa_Bella
On 11/10/2021 at 1:11 PM, sdr said:

😁👍

Why delete it??? just wasting your effort and time... just move on... by the end of the day if you delete all your songs that hasn't been listen too.. nothing is left in your channel.. just saying... move on and just unfollow...

Isa_Bella
On 11/10/2021 at 1:15 PM, sdr said:

😂😂😂

Thats when you click like and send a paid sticker...I am sharing and talking from my experience..