How to pin one of my recordings from years ago?

sdr

There seems to be no way other than scrolling down tens of thousands of recordings in the profile to go to the rec and then pin it. This is certainly not an easy task.

I can search for it and it shows the rec but there is no option to pin it from the search results. Also it doesn't take you to the rec in profile. Otherwise I could have done it from profile. Anyone knows a practical way of doing this?

• like 1

opentype

I tried it on iOS and it works as expected. I can find the song through the search function, click on it to open the player, and then click the three dots to find the pin function. 

• like 1

sdr

In Android the player menu contains

Favorite

Delete

Report Abuse

Song Info

Cancel

There is no option to pin.

• like 1

A guest
8 hours ago, sdr said:

There seems to be no way other than scrolling down tens of thousands of recordings in the profile to go to the rec and then pin it. This is certainly not an easy task.

I can search for it and it shows the rec but there is no option to pin it from the search results. Also it doesn't take you to the rec in profile. Otherwise I could have done it from profile. Anyone knows a practical way of doing this?

I have an android too, and i can only pin a song by scrolling all the way through the recordings on my profile. 

_RamKrish1012

I use a Samsung 7. I am able to go to my Profile Page, then to my Channel, scroll down miles and miles choose a duet I have recorded with a friend, Click on the Three DOTS in a vertical line and It says PIN This Recording and Cancel . However I cant use search facility to find the song I am looking for in My Channel.

Now on my iPad I go to my Profile Page and then my Channel scroll down all the way to the song I want to PIN click on it and I see three Dots in a Horizontal line with the following options: - Favourite, Pin This Recording, Invite Singers, Delete, Report Abuse, Report Copy Right Infringements, Report Problem, Song Info

So I can basically scroll down on both Android and IoS find the song I want to pin and Pin it.

What I don't know how to do, is to Search my 12K recoding to find a particular one I sang say 2 years ago

BTW Samsung still has the Old Look Profile Page where you can see who you sang the duet with and IoS has the new look Profile Page  where you don't know who you sang the song with unless it is a video 

duojet24

I've found that with the new profile on Android, I can only pin recordings that show up in my "Channel" tab by long-pressing on the thumbnail of the song, then clicking "Pin this recording."

However, when I try to click into one of my OCs and pin someone's join - it doesn't work. I try clicking on the join, and when the video loads I hit the three-dot menu, but only the usual "Favorite / Edit etc" options are there. It's crazy to think you can't pin someone's join.

I reported this to the helpdesk, so we'll see if they respond...

A guest
1 hour ago, duojet24 said:

I've found that with the new profile on Android, I can only pin recordings that show up in my "Channel" tab by long-pressing on the thumbnail of the song, then clicking "Pin this recording."

However, when I try to click into one of my OCs and pin someone's join - it doesn't work. I try clicking on the join, and when the video loads I hit the three-dot menu, but only the usual "Favorite / Edit etc" options are there. It's crazy to think you can't pin someone's join.

I reported this to the helpdesk, so we'll see if they respond...

Personally i can pin someone's join with an android. I just open one of my oc's and then when the list of joins come, i press the three dots on the join i want to pin (without opening the join).

duojet24
3 minutes ago, A guest said:

Personally i can pin someone's join with an android. I just open one of my oc's and then when the list of joins come, i press the three dots on the join i want to pin (without opening the join).

That's how I used to do it when I had the old profile. Now with the new profile, everything is different. There is no three-dot menu anymore. You may be one of the lucky ones who still has the old profile view, or I'm really just not seeing the option. 🤣

• haha 1

A guest
8 minutes ago, duojet24 said:

That's how I used to do it when I had the old profile. Now with the new profile, everything is different. There is no three-dot menu anymore. You may be one of the lucky ones who still has the old profile view, or I'm really just not seeing the option. 🤣

Oh okay, btw what do you mean by old and new profile? Mine is still the same, the three dots are still there. 

sdr
3 hours ago, duojet24 said:

One day the new profile on my android also. It looked like a picture gallery with the title pictures of the song without even the names of singers who joined me! I almost went mad. Fortunately the next day it disappeared! But I still remember the nightmare.

• like 1

sdr
4 hours ago, A guest said:

Oh okay, btw what do you mean by old and new profile? Mine is still the same, the three dots are still there. 

Rest assured that you are lucky. I would have left smule if the new profile stayed for more than a day! But the next day it vanished!

Purely an afterthought 😁

sdr
4 hours ago, A guest said:

The question was how to spot the recording in your profile. It is possible when there are a couple thousands recordings. The only way to find a recording is to scroll down to it in the profile. Imagine scrolling down 10 thousand records. To make things worse, if you accidentally play rec in the process you will be back at the top of the list. Again scroll...

You can search for a rec typing your name and the song title, but from the results there is no option to pin it or reach the record in profile. 

_RamKrish1012
6 hours ago, sdr said:

One day the new profile on my android also. It looked like a picture gallery with the title pictures of the song without even the names of singers who joined me! I almost went mad. Fortunately the next day it disappeared! But I still remember the nightmare.

Well I am stuck with the nightmare on my iPad which I prefer for recording. I look at my channel and it is not about my smule partners but shots used by Uploader and no details of who sand the song with me 🤢

sdr
2 minutes ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

Well I am stuck with the nightmare on my iPad which I prefer for recording. I look at my channel and it is not about my smule partners but shots used by Uploader and no details of who sand the song with me 🤢

Try to update smule. May be it is stuck at that point. Hope it goes away for you 😁

_RamKrish1012
37 minutes ago, sdr said:

Try to update smule. May be it is stuck at that point. Hope it goes away for you 😁

Every time I open my iPad I get a message saying many minor updates on Smule and gets updated automatically and I am still stuck with This 1 - Profile page, 2- Notifications & 3- Book marked invites where I cannot tell whose invite it is. These are pics taken of my iPad with my Samsung phone.

If this is not what you see on your iPad Please tell me how to change it all

Smule 1.jpeg

smule 2.jpeg

smule 3.jpeg

sdr

🏃🏃🏃

I have no words to describe what I felt when I saw this. Makes me think that there is not even one singing soul at smule.😁

A guest
10 hours ago, sdr said:

The question was how to spot the recording in your profile. It is possible when there are a couple thousands recordings. The only way to find a recording is to scroll down to it in the profile. Imagine scrolling down 10 thousand records. To make things worse, if you accidentally play rec in the process you will be back at the top of the list. Again scroll...

You can search for a rec typing your name and the song title, but from the results there is no option to pin it or reach the record in profile. 

You quoted the wrong thing. 

This is what i responded to you I have an android too, and i can only pin a song by scrolling all the way through the recordings on my profile. 

I was just confirming and saying i have the same problem on my android. As mentioned above by a user this problem is only on android. On ios, pinning a song is practical. 

_RamKrish1012
16 hours ago, sdr said:

🏃🏃🏃

I have no words to describe what I felt when I saw this. Makes me think that there is not even one singing soul at smule.😁

I disagree. You are there and that is ONE SINGING SOUL -SDR 👍

sdr
46 minutes ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

I disagree. You are there and that is ONE SINGING SOUL -SDR 👍

"at smule" meant at the company Smule. I didn't mean the singers using the app. Sorry if mislead you.😔

_RamKrish1012
9 hours ago, sdr said:

"at smule" meant at the company Smule. I didn't mean the singers using the app. Sorry if mislead you.😔

To me it appeared that you looked at the images and said there is not one singing Soul. So You meant Smule developers and zen desk. Understood. Thanks for the clarification . Cheers

• like 1