Smule Community is a bastion of mediocrity rewarding itself.

TheMajesticM
14 hours ago, sdr said:

I also have missed a few paid gifts sent to me.šŸ˜”

Lately I have been doing the same. I also wish there was a better way for Smule to display the gifts on our profiles.Ā 
Ā 

1 hour ago, realyquick said:

But this Jeffrey dude is making so much money off us with his overpriced fees (from "millions" of paying users)

If there are ā€œmillionsā€ of paying users I would love to know where they are hiding because Iā€™ve seen the same users for years. I do not believe it.Ā 

Ā 

14 hours ago, sdr said:

In exchange for gifts?šŸ¤”

I am sure that would be a good option for users but no I was referring to gifting a VIP annual membership to users who are not VIP. I know a few that would enjoy it.Ā 

Edited by TheMajesticM

sdr
23 minutes ago, TheMajesticM said:

I was referring to gifting a VIP annual membership to users who are not VIP

That could add up to a good sum of money depending on where you are located in the world. Also one might not be able to do it to many people. Gifting a vip subscription to an almost stranger could give rise to an uncomfortable tie between the two. Smule already experimented with just one week of vip as gift and I know at least one singer who acknowledged receiving it. I don't know whether smule continues the feature or not.

For gifting vip to someone one knows personally there are methods such as sending a play store voucher for android users. Similar options might exist in iOS also.

Edited by sdr
  • like 1

TheMajesticM
13 hours ago, sdr said:

Gifting a vip subscription to an almost stranger could give rise to an uncomfortable tie between the two.

I meant gifting strictly a friend and I suggested a cost of $29.99 a year (or less) if the person giving the gift is already a VIP. And Smule could keep the membership gifts anonymous if requested. I remember the Smule VIP gift and if I remember correctly the cost was $7.99 a weekā€”forget that! šŸ˜‚ I donā€™t know if itā€™s still an option, either.Ā 

13 hours ago, sdr said:

there are methods such as sending a play store voucher for android users. Similar options might exist in iOS also.

I thought of that too but It would be easier if Smule took care of it.Ā 

I have a big long wish list for Smule to work on for us loyal members. We donā€™t ask for much, right? šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
Ā 

Edited by TheMajesticM
  • haha 2

DuetWithAlli
On 10/18/2022 at 11:33 PM, TheMajesticM said:I am right with you regarding the serial likes. Iā€™ve even politely tagged the users and asked them to stop. As mean as this may seem to many, I have deleted the song, but if I really like it, I save it first. I wish Smule Support would develop an option so we can turn off the love notifications. Ā 
Ā 

I donā€™t consider myself a sucker for buying gifts. I enjoy giving, but I have stopped for now since there was a comment on this site and I also heard someone speaking about it in a Live Jam insinuating Smule may hire people to join users so they will buy the gifts. I will still purchase during holidays. I love to send gifts to my sing friends.

I have asked Smule Support to allow us to turn of notifications for likes on a Ā song, but they apparently have not received enough requests for this feature. If itā€™s someone I like singing with, Iā€™ll kindly ask the person not to share my songs to groups and support chats. If I donā€™t like the person, itā€™s a block. And random people who donā€™t sing with me, itā€™s also a block. One of my friends said she thought she was doing me a favor by sharing our collabs, and I told her the truth is that those people didnā€™t actually listen to the recordings, and none of them followed me or joined my songs. So itā€™s no favor to me ā€¦ justĀ an annoyance.

And by the way, something to note: while some of the popular-for-the-sake-of-being-popular singers may be delusional enough to believe the glowing comments they receive, there are also those like my friend who know their singing isnā€™t the best, and just have fun trying to boost the popularity of their recordings. I donā€™t get it, but if it makes them happy and theyā€™re not hurting anyone in the process ā€¦ good for them.

I kind of like the gifts too, hehe. I usually give the free ones, but occasionally give a paid one here and there to my friends who like to give them too. As far as gifting of VIP, I actually didnā€™t like it when people gifted VIP to me, because I like to be in control of when I have VIP and when I donā€™t. So a week may be ok, but if someone gifted a year, Iā€™d hope to be able to re-gift it!

• like 2

TheMajesticM
9 hours ago, DuetWithAlli said:

I have asked Smule Support to allow us to turn of notifications for likes on a Ā song, but they apparently have not received enough requests for this feature.

Support more than likely knows itā€™s an issue for many like us but I am beginning to believe the majority of users specifically in groups like the blind loves, anything to look Smule famous, my opinion. I could be wrong. I only care when I am in the duet or group song that gets hammered by the pesky blind loves.Ā 

9 hours ago, DuetWithAlli said:

As far as gifting of VIP, I actually didnā€™t like it when people gifted VIP to me, because I like to be in control of when I have VIP and when I donā€™t.

I donā€™t understand. What do you mean by controlling VIP? There should be no strings attached to a gift. If the user wants to regift it thatā€™s fine but the users I have in mind I think they would keep it for themselves. I like having VIP so I can sing solos. Other than that feature, I wouldnā€™t purchase it. No need to ā€¦

@DuetWithAlliĀ Do you know if Smule has implemented the ā€œWho Views Your Profileā€ feature? Starmaker has it. TikTok also has it. This blog has it. The reason I ask is I ā€œexploredā€ and viewed a couple user profiles and the users loved my songs not long afterwards.Ā 

sdr
6 hours ago, TheMajesticM said:

Do you know if Smule has implemented the ā€œWho Views Your Profileā€ feature?

I think it is unnecessary. Rather than just visiting a profile,Ā  you can like a recording or two, make comments or even favorite them. That's an active way to let the singer know that you were there. A comment on a solo by the singer is very appreciated. I usually do it when searching for songs and listening to recordings. šŸ˜

Ā 

• like 2

TheMajesticM
10 hours ago, sdr said:

I think it is unnecessary. Rather than just visiting a profile,Ā  you can like a recording or two, make comments or even favorite them. That's an active way to let the singer know that you were there. A comment on a solo by the singer is very appreciated. I usually do it when searching for songs and listening to recordings. šŸ˜

Yeah, I have given follows, comments, and support to users Iā€™ve stumble upon but I was wondering if the feature has actually been added to Smule. I donā€™t have it in my settings yet and I usually am one of the first to get updates. I have clicked on usersā€™ profiles because of their usernames just to view. Some of them are ā€¦ unique. The next thing I know theyā€™re loving my stuff and even following me. Very strange or a lot of coincidences ā€¦

Edited by TheMajesticM
  • like 1

sdr
25 minutes ago, TheMajesticM said:

The next thing I know theyā€™re loving my stuff and even following me.

May be Show My Online Status in Settings-Privacy. Smule may be suggesting your profile in their Recommended for you section. But about the timing of the singers' actions,Ā  I have no clues at all.šŸ˜

• like 2

DuetWithAlli
On 10/23/2022 at 4:54 AM, TheMajesticM said:

Support more than likely knows itā€™s an issue for many like us but I am beginning to believe the majority of users specifically in groups like the blind loves, anything to look Smule famous, my opinion. I could be wrong. I only care when I am in the duet or group song that gets hammered by the pesky blind loves.Ā 

I donā€™t understand. What do you mean by controlling VIP? There should be no strings attached to a gift. If the user wants to regift it thatā€™s fine but the users I have in mind I think they would keep it for themselves. I like having VIP so I can sing solos. Other than that feature, I wouldnā€™t purchase it. No need to ā€¦

@DuetWithAlliĀ Do you know if Smule has implemented the ā€œWho Views Your Profileā€ feature? Starmaker has it. TikTok also has it. This blog has it. The reason I ask is I ā€œexploredā€ and viewed a couple user profiles and the users loved my songs not long afterwards.Ā 

Yes, Smule knows itā€™s an issue. I wish I had saved the emails back and forth with them. I do think they told me that they took steps to limit the number of loves and comments, which is true. A friend messaged me to tell me she couldnā€™t like or comment on our recording because Smule wouldnā€™t allow it, and Iā€™ve also seen AppStore reviewers complaining about the limits. But I think itā€™s temporary, and of course some of them make additional accounts to support their recordings and groups. I totally forgot to say that itā€™s all good as long as they donā€™t use me, or other people who donā€™t want to be bothered, to increase their popularity.

I only like to have VIP at certain times of the year, because there are times I donā€™t want to deal with Smule. I donā€™t want to have it for a fullĀ year. Itā€™s just a weird hang up of mine, that I feel like I have to make invites if I have VIP šŸ˜‚Ā 

Oh gosh, I hope they havenā€™t made it so that people can see if Iā€™m viewing their profiles. Is that something Smule is coming out with? Thatā€™s a good way to keep me from ever looking at anyoneā€™s profile šŸ˜‚ Smule does suggest accounts to follow, and also has a setting that shows if your account has been active recently. Maybe Smule suggested you and the users are fishing to see if youā€™ll love their songs in return? Otherwise, kind of creepy hehe.

One more thing I forgot to add, is that I believe Smule added gifts because Starmaker hasĀ gifts. Also, I noticed that a fake account liked and commented on a couple of my recordings and sent a gift (albeit a free one), so your friends might be onto something.

Ā 

• love it! 1

TheMajesticM
1 hour ago, DuetWithAlli said:

Itā€™s just a weird hang up of mine, that I feel like I have to make invites if I have VIP šŸ˜‚Ā 

If youā€™re weird I am weird. I am not a fan of opening songs. You brought something funny to my mind. When I first joined the app years ago I had a gentleman to show me the ropes. I mostly joined him. There was a song I wanted to sing and he didnā€™t have it open. I commented and told him to open it. šŸ˜‚ He replied in the comments for me to open it. I remember getting upset because I did not know how to open and I must have thought he was the only user to open songs. šŸ˜‚ I learned but it is not my favorite thing to do on the app. Joining is best!

Ā 

Oh gosh, I hope they havenā€™t made it so that people can see if Iā€™m viewing their profiles. Is that something Smule is coming out with? Thatā€™s a good way to keep me from ever looking at anyoneā€™s profile šŸ˜‚

I havenā€™t heard anything official. I was mostly speculating because it seems everyone I view on Smule pops up in some way. Everyone looks at profiles and if they deny it ā€¦ well theyā€™re not being honestā€¦

I do think they told me that they took steps to limit the number of loves and comments, which is true.

Definitely better than nothing. I hope they keep it that way and maybe one day the developers will add a feature to turn off the love notifications completely.Ā 

Thanks for your response Ā @DuetWithAlliĀ šŸ˜ŠšŸ™šŸ¼

• clever! 1
  • thank you! 1

DuetWithAlli
14 hours ago, TheMajesticM said:

If youā€™re weird I am weird. I am not a fan of opening songs. You brought something funny to my mind. When I first joined the app years ago I had a gentleman to show me the ropes. I mostly joined him. There was a song I wanted to sing and he didnā€™t have it open. I commented and told him to open it. šŸ˜‚ He replied in the comments for me to open it. I remember getting upset because I did not know how to open and I must have thought he was the only user to open songs. šŸ˜‚ I learned but it is not my favorite thing to do on the app. Joining is best!

Ā 

I havenā€™t heard anything official. I was mostly speculating because it seems everyone I view on Smule pops up in some way. Everyone looks at profiles and if they deny it ā€¦ well theyā€™re not being honestā€¦

Definitely better than nothing. I hope they keep it that way and maybe one day the developers will add a feature to turn off the love notifications completely.Ā 

Thanks for your response Ā @DuetWithAlliĀ šŸ˜ŠšŸ™šŸ¼

Oh, thatā€™s funny! Yeah, when I think of all the things I believed when I first started singing on Smule ā€¦ those were different times. Like when I learned about groups and why people joined songs when the singer is ā€¦ umm, not the greatest. It wasnā€™t my imagination, and it wasnā€™t that I was bad myself šŸ˜‚ I mean, I wasnā€™t the greatest either. Smule improved ā€¦ I improved ā€¦ Smule took major steps back. There used to be so many nice people to sing with. But now it seems like the only people Iā€™m following who open songs are the ones I stopped singing with because they donā€™t listen to the joins. When I have VIP, I could have used those three minutes to open a song, and maybe had a few joins, and I would have listened to them. Otherwise, I could have used that time to work on my lint ball collection. Which is probably what Iā€™m going to do now šŸ˜‚

Ā @TheMajesticMĀ I appreciate you giving me the opportunity to vent šŸ˜‚ I try to sit in the background most of the time, but sometimes I just get fired up on certain topics. Thank you for always adding so much to the conversations around here. Other than my personal experiences, this is where I learn how Smule works.

• like 1
  • love it! 1

sdr
On 10/25/2022 at 3:43 AM, TheMajesticM said:

maybe one day the developers will add a feature to turn off the love notifications completely.Ā 

Really a great idea. The Likes filling the Notifications panel is the big nuisance. If we can decide to turn them off that would be wonderful. Let them get added to the Loves silently. So the "love-mongers" could be happy also.šŸ˜

• like 1
  • love it! 1

DuetWithAlli
14 hours ago, sdr said:

Really a great idea. The Likes filling the Notifications panel is the big nuisance. If we can decide to turn them off that would be wonderful. Let them get added to the Loves silently. So the "love-mongers" could be happy also.šŸ˜

Oh yes, I forgot to say that too. I still wish Smule would add this feature. The group people would be happy, the non-group people would be happy. Itā€™s a win-win. I feel like Smule eventually adds/changes features if enough people ask for it, or the right person asks for it. Maybe someday weā€™ll get it ā€¦

• like 1
  • love it! 1