Help! Which mic should I get?

kopicat

Currently I am using apple earphones with iPhone 12. I am considering the following mics:

Shure MV51 - looks the easiest to set up

Rode NT1-A - the sound quality sounds good but not sure if it will work with smule. Anyone has used this and can advise me which adapter to be used with it? It is also the most costly.

Shure SM58 - the popular option but the sound quality seems a bit muffled

Any thoughts? Thank you.

LouELVIS

I using iRig mic pre the one with the 9 volt battery a 6-foot mogami cable and whatever Mike you choose or can afford since you can use condenser or dynamic hope this helps

LouELVIS

The nice thing about this setup is quick you can take it anywhere use it anywhere and delivers  excellent results an Apple an Android version is available 

sing_for_sanity

I’m not sure what’s in that picture. Sorry🤣

I purchased a shure Beta 58A microphone with a Mogami  cable and A I-Rig pro interface.

The entire set up was a little bit over andThe entire set up was a little bit over $200. Probably around 250 with the table stand for the microphone.

It works awesome when I use it but I don’t get to sing  much these days… 🤷🏻‍♂️✌️🌈

• like 1

LouELVIS

Awesome the picture that you're seeing is a Yamaha mg82cx mixer hooked to a Boss ve-20 vocal processor and an iRig Mic Pre hooked in line to my LG V60 cell phone it shows you that and iRig mic pre has a lot of possibilities you also sing on the same mic as me the shure sm58 beta excellent choice happy singing👍🙂

Edited by LouELVIS
Typo

• 2 years later...
Anshuman

What is the set up when you use apple ear phone with your Iphone 12. i have seen people getting good quality while singing through apple earphones. For me the experience was too bad.

opentype
1 hour ago, Anshuman said:

What is the set up when you use apple ear phone with your Iphone 12.

For Apple EarPods (which have a cable), most will hold them with their hand in front of the face and slightly to the side. 
With Apple AirPods, there is not much you can do. If you put them in your ears, the microphone will sound worse compared to the EarPods. 

Some people might fake the recording though. You could record audio-only and then record a video where it only looks like you are singing. In this case, you could hide the microphone that was actually used.